Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Daryl and 14 guests

Iowa caucus

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Iowa caucus
Post by Joat42   » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:01 pm

Joat42
Admiral

It's kind of hilarious what a technological train-wreck the voting was.

Who in their right mind thinks electronic voting is a good idea in the first place. It's a very good way to place democracy in danger though.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Re: Iowa caucus
Post by Annachie   » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:10 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:It's kind of hilarious what a technological train-wreck the voting was.

Who in their right mind thinks electronic voting is a good idea in the first place. It's a very good way to place democracy in danger though.

Still better than the 2012 GOP effort. Not by much though.

Caucuses suck, electronic voting sucks. Both together, wow.

I did like the theory that it was deliberate so they could delay anouncing the winner until just before the SotU address started. Stupid theory, but funny.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Dilandu   » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:13 am

Dilandu
Admiral

And maybe peoples just voted for the only candidate that doesn't look like he was trying to enter White House on wheelchair and left it on a hearse?
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by n7axw   » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:22 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:It's kind of hilarious what a technological train-wreck the voting was.

This doesn't sound quite right. The mess up occurred when the application provided the caucus heads for reporting the results to the state party didn't work.

I think the caucus process should be done away with myself. It's undemocratic.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:35 pm

TFLYTSNBN

It is Clinton's fault!

https://nypost.com/2020/02/04/app-blame ... aign-alum/

Just my opinion, but the caucus process is undemocratic because it subjects voters to intense peer pressure while denying them privacy.
Post by n7axw   » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:36 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:It is Clinton's fault!

Just my opinion, but the caucus process is undemocratic because it subjects voters to intense peer pressure while denying them privacy.

Agreed except for the fundamental issue being Clinton's fault. I participated in the Iowa Caucus once back in 1988. My issue with it is that the way it is conducted limits voter participation. Also the way the votes are counted...egads. I remember going home meditating on Will Rogers dictum:"I belong to no organised party. I'm a Democrat." We're the ones who invented circular firing squads. But change it? Then you get into the seven last words of the church: "We've never done it that way before." :lol:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:48 pm

TFLYTSNBN

n7axw wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:It is Clinton's fault!

Agreed except for the fundamental issue being Clinton's fault. I participated in the Iowa Caucus once back in 1988. My issue with it is that the way it is conducted limits voter participation. Also the way the votes are counted...egads. I remember going home meditating on Will Rogers dictum:"I belong to no organised party. I'm a Democrat." We're the ones who invented circular firing squads. But change it? Then you get into the seven last words of the church: "We've never done it that way before." :lol:

Don

-

Actually, it is Clinton's fault and it was deliberate.

Job One was concealing the fact that Creepy Joe Biden was never the leading candidate and probable candidate for POTUS. The Democrats needed to make it appear that Biden was a political threat to President Trump in order to rationalize the fiction that confronting corruption in Ukraine was an abuse of power.

Job Two was exposing the Democrat party as incompetent and corrupt so that they will need Hillary to save them.
Post by Joat42   » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:12 pm

Joat42
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:..snip..
Job One was concealing the fact that Creepy Joe Biden was never the leading candidate and probable candidate for POTUS. The Democrats needed to make it appear that Biden was a political threat to President Trump in order to rationalize the fiction that confronting corruption in Ukraine was an abuse of power.

Job Two was exposing the Democrat party as incompetent and corrupt so that they will need Hillary to save them.

Nice fiction, but that's all it is because it has no bearing on reality. I wonder if you even realize the glaring errors in your purported chain of events.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:38 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:..snip..

Nice fiction, but that's all it is because it has no bearing on reality. I wonder if you even realize the glaring errors in your purported chain of events.

He doesn't care...
Post by n7axw   » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:24 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

The problem with the Iowa Caucus long predated Clinton. We really don't need conspiracy theories to explain it. As for what happened this round, sheer incompetence on the part of some party operatives is explanation enough.

TFLY, you keep getting this sort of information from the web sites you are patronizing which unless we share your outlook, we are not going to trust. That means that we regard what you are saying as being off the wall...

That is not going to change which means that you are bumping your head against the wall, giving you a sore head.

Most stuff that happens is better explained something more mundane than a conspiracy theory.

Don

-

Return to Politics