Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

Uranium Enrichment

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Uranium Enrichment
Post by Dilandu   » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:15 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Puh-lease, conservapedia is a joke for many years! :D :lol:
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:22 am

TFLYTSNBN

Dilandu wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:That is only because Hillary Clinton sold control of all of America's Uranium to Russia in return for donations to the Clinton Foundation.

Nah, it's because we never went much into "alternate energy sources" fad, and continued to learn on past mistakes. Chernobyl was a MAJOR boost for quality control in our nuclear industry. Arguably, our current commercial reactors are the most reliable in the world of civilian nuclear energy.

I certainly must agree that Russia was never stupid enough to buy into the "green energy" scam or Global Warming Theology. Russia also didn't swallow the drivel about nuclear wastes remaining highly radioactive for millions of years.

The Chernobyl reactor was a special case that violated the Edward Teller comandment, "Though shalt not build a positive void reactor.". The Chernobyl reactor was designed to produce Plutonium as well as energy and the details resulted in a reactor that is not thermally moderated. Any increase in temperature resulted in an increase in power. Active power management was needed. Factor in mismanagement that allowed lattice dislocations in the graphite moderator to accumulate and the result was almost inevitable.

The Three Mile Island " disaster" actually proved that the Westinghouse designed, Pressurized Water Reactor is extremely safe.

The Fukishima disaster demonstrated that the General Electric Boiling Water Reactor is a disaster waiting to happen. The Japanes operators were not able to fully shut down the reactors when the power was interrupted because gravity couldn't push them up. The actually had to flood the reactors with Bornon to shut them down then deny them coolant to keep them shut down.

The US has some excellent new reactor designs available. The new Westinghouse PWR can rely on passive circulation after shut down. The NuScale modular reactor relies on passive circulation when operating. One firm is developing a nuclear powerplant that is built on a barge then towed to the sight. This is obviously a familiar concept to you.

We need to promote nuclear power and sell reactors to conserve fossil fuels. However; we need to revert to the practice of having the suppliers provide the fuel and retain ownership and possession of spent fuel. We should not enable countries such as Iran to exploit nuclear power as a pretext to have their own Uranium enrichment.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:34 am

TFLYTSNBN

Dilandu wrote:

Puh-lease, conservapedia is a joke for many years! :D :lol:

Conservapedia might not be your idea of an authoritative source, but it is a concise summary. The Clintons were actually on the verge of bankruptcy when they left the Whitehouse (which explains why they were stealing the Silverware). Then suddenly they became fabulously wealthy with multiple huge estates, flying on private jets and other enormously expensive lifestyle enhancements. Part of this was book deals just like G W Bush and Laura Bush (complete with an upskirt photo, LOL) or Governor Palin (no upskirt photo, damn it!). However; Bill was getting huge speaking fees concurrently with Senator Clinton handing out goodies to the companies that hired him. The Clintons and their associates were siphoning off significant money from the Clinton Foundation for wages or "expenses."
Post by The E   » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:11 pm

The E
Admiral

Is Conservapedia still convinced that the theory of relativity is a non-christian hoax?

Oh, yes, it is!

Yo TFLY, How about using sources that aren't blatant trolling?

Oh wait, you can't find those, can you.
Post by Eyal   » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:05 pm

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Annachie wrote:Except for the minor fact that that is not true, and you know it.

I exaggerated somewhat for humorous effect. However; the State Department did approve the Uranium One deal while Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State and contemporaneously with the Clinton Foundation (slush fund) amassing hundreds of millions of dollars in donations from foreign entities.

Meanwhile, morons become apoplexic whenever some foreigner checks into a Trump hotel.

Do you actually know what the Uranium One deal involves as far as the destination of uranium is concerned? Or who approved it?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:14 pm

TFLYTSNBN

The E wrote:

Is Conservapedia still convinced that the theory of relativity is a non-christian hoax?

Oh, yes, it is!

Yo TFLY, How about using sources that aren't blatant trolling?

Oh wait, you can't find those, can you.

The article that you link to certainly does not claim that the theory of relativity is a hoax.
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:42 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

The E wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Is Conservapedia still convinced that the theory of relativity is a non-christian hoax?

...I took a look at it.
I hope to everything I hold dear that Conservapedia is a giant trolling project, because if it is actually intended to be a serious reference site...

Please tell me it's a troll site... :?
PLEASE! :shock:
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Annachie   » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:10 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

That site explains an aweful lot about Fly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by edgeworthy   » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:55 pm

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Doesn't the Conservapedia also try to claim that the works of George Orwell were Conservative?
https://www.conservapedia.com/Essay:Gre ... ive_Novels
Please tell them to stop I can only laugh so much without the risk of injuring myself!
Post by The E   » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:39 am

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:The article that you link to certainly does not claim that the theory of relativity is a hoax.

Did you actually read it? I don't think you have, because if had, you would have seen gems like
Political pressure, however, has since made it impossible for anyone pursuing an academic career in science to even question the validity of this nonsensical equation. Simply put, E=mc² is liberal claptrap.

or

Biblical Scientific Foreknowledge predicts that there is no unified theory of light and matter because they were created at different times, in different ways, as described in the Book of Genesis.

I know they're hard to miss, being in the first few paragraphs and all.

Michael Everett wrote:...I took a look at it.
I hope to everything I hold dear that Conservapedia is a giant trolling project, because if it is actually intended to be a serious reference site...

Please tell me it's a troll site... :?
PLEASE! :shock:

I'd like to tell you that it is all an elaborate hoax, but no. While parts of it have certainly been trolled over the years (hell, some of the editors and contributors there have been verified as trolls), the core intention of the conservapedia project is dead serious. It was founded by Andrew Schlafly, conservative activist and son of equally conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly. Among his greatest hits are fun adventures like the Conservative Bible Project, a project with the stated goal of removing "liberal bias" from the Bible and the Lenski letters, a conversation with biologist Richard Lenski, during which he tried to gotcha Lenski and the results he obtained while running an experiment of evolutionary divergence based on environmental factors using colonies of e.coli bacteria.

In short, in the process of correcting a perceived slight against the conservative worldview by wikipedia editors, conservapedia overcorrected and ended up firmly in "so biased that there is no way to distinguish parody from sincerely held belief" territory.

Which, of course, means that it is absolutely the correct source for people like TFLY to use when reality refuses to conform to their beliefs.

Return to Politics