Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

Saudi Arabian Terrorism

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Saudi Arabian Terrorism
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:56 pm

TFLYTSNBN

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/rep ... a/2159443/

You would think that we would have learned from the 9-11 attacks.

The Saudis should atone by executing the shooter's family.
Re: Saudi Arabian Terrorism
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:48 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:You would think that we would have learned from the 9-11 attacks.

An Eye For An Eye just makes everyone blind and revenge is a self-perpetuating cycle.

The family have lost a member and, even worse, they have lost face. One of their own has proven himself to be a liar and a would-be-murderer, tarnishing the other members of his family with the same brush. I fully expect his younger relatives to find their lives becoming significantly more difficult as many possible jobs will now be closed to them and other families will reduce their public support of them. While Shunning will probably not happen, their social status will probably drop to a noticeable degree.

To make it worse for them, should the USA publicly refuse to seek to punish the family for the actions of their own, it will be seen as a slap in the face since it will be a declaration that the USA doesn't see the family as being important/rich enough to pursue.

The Saudi's have a different culture.
You don't need to respect it, but it does help to understand the rules that they play by.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Joat42   » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:14 am

Joat42
Admiral

It always amazes me that some "people" think it's okay to get revenge on innocent people just because they are associated with a perpetrator in some way.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:39 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Michael Everett wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:You would think that we would have learned from the 9-11 attacks.

An Eye For An Eye just makes everyone blind and revenge is a self-perpetuating cycle.

The family have lost a member and, even worse, they have lost face. One of their own has proven himself to be a liar and a would-be-murderer, tarnishing the other members of his family with the same brush. I fully expect his younger relatives to find their lives becoming significantly more difficult as many possible jobs will now be closed to them and other families will reduce their public support of them. While Shunning will probably not happen, their social status will probably drop to a noticeable degree.

To make it worse for them, should the USA publicly refuse to seek to punish the family for the actions of their own, it will be seen as a slap in the face since it will be a declaration that the USA doesn't see the family as being important/rich enough to pursue.

The Saudi's have a different culture.
You don't need to respect it, but it does help to understand the rules that they play by.

It appears that the murderer might not have been acting alone.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ooter.html

My late brother worked in Saudi Arabia for two years as an engineer for CBI. He got to know the culture fairly well. The Bedouin nomads who are still riding camels and herding goats and sheep have redeeming qualities. The great of the people of Saudi Arabia are Islamic radicals. Saudi Arabia exports only two things, oil and psychopathic terrorists. All of the blather about apologies from the King is just crap. The people of Saudi Arabia are celebrating just as they and the Palestinians celebrated the 9-11 attacks

I could forgive President Bush for not nuking Saudi Arabia into the stone age in retaliation for the 9-11 attacks because the US was dependant on foreign oil. Not anymore. The US is now energy independent. Our alleged allies still need the oil, but that is not America's circus or America's monkies.

Perhaps the best response is to just withdraw all American military from the Persian Gulf and assure Iran that the US is neutral and will do nothing if Iran goes to war against Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq and the other Persian Gulf States. If the Iranians launch more missile strikes that cripple power generation facilities and water systems, the Arabs will be screwed. By some estimates, the casualties would be about 60 million people.
Post by Dilandu   » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:32 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Yeah, after so many years of trying to persuade everybody that the snake is just a hair-less leg-less dachshund, the snake reminded that it is a snake. Again.

The support that USA provided to Saudi Arabia is one of the most disgustingly hypocritical thing that US government ever done. The "nice and good" Saudi regime is probably the most backward, tyrannical and fanatical bunch on the whole Middle East. They just have a TON of money, so they could buy a pretty cities, nice clothes, and political favors. But in reality - the Iran probably deserves more respect than Saudi.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:20 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Return to Politics