Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

US Nuclear Weapons out of Turkey?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
US Nuclear Weapons out of Turkey?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:37 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Re: US Nuclear Weapons out of Turkey?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:51 am

TFLYTSNBN

Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:26 am

TFLYTSNBN

Get Turkey out of NATO,

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... ers-killed

Or get the US out.
Post by Dilandu   » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:41 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Erdogan currently declared 72-hour long "window" during which Turkish police & coast guard would not stop Syrian refugees from crossing the border into EU. He is trying to scare Europe into supporting his continuous attempts to rape Syria. Yeah, "such a good democrat Erdogan" - he weaponized refugees, who fled from the disaster he himself helped to engineer.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Dilandu   » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:42 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

P.S. Maybe West should react accordingly, and for 72 hours stop Turkish participation in NATO? It should be perfectly enough for us to beat some common sense in Erdogan head...

Post by Daryl   » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:30 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

For some time the world was turning towards democracy, but it appears to have reversed.
We have -
Putin in Russia, twisting every rule to get reelected, with his opposition having health problems.
Erdogan in Turkey rewriting history towards being a dictator.
Xi in China now President for life
Kim in NK, an out and out dictator.
Trump in the US, with people talking about a dynasty with his vapid daughter next.
Little change in Vietnam or Cuba.

They say that people get the government that they deserve. How bad have we all been?
Post by Dilandu   » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:11 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Daryl wrote:For some time the world was turning towards democracy, but it appears to have reversed.
We have -
Putin in Russia, twisting every rule to get reelected, with his opposition having health problems.
Trump in the US, with people talking about a dynasty with his vapid daughter next.

They say that people get the government that they deserve. How bad have we all been?

Congratulations, you realized that history moved in helix spiral, not the straight line.

Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:32 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Dilandu wrote:
Daryl wrote:For some time the world was turning towards democracy, but it appears to have reversed.
We have -

Congratulations, you realized that history moved in helix spiral, not the straight line.

The late Jerry Pournelle was often castigated for portraying a future civilization dominated by a hereditary monarchy with a fuedal aristocracy rather than democracy. The Soviet Union was alive and well in the CoDominion universe with ethnic/cultural Russians being militant loyalists.

One can also be a small "r" republican that favors a representative democracy but with restrictions on voting rights. Of course prior to the civil war, voting rights were restricted to white men who owned land and owned guns and owned slaves. While this might be reprehensible criteria, I haven't seen any evidence that democracies that allow every adult who has not assumed room temperature to vote make decisions that are more enlightened or respectful of human rights.

I wouldn't characterize Tiffany Trump as being vapid. You seem to be presuming that a woman's IQ is inversely proportional to her bra size? However; I don't favor a Trump dynasty any more than I favor the Kennedy dynasty which is finally losing influence. Senator Ted Kennedy inspired me to often lament that Lee Harvey Oswald was never around when we really needed him. I voted for Bush Jr even though I had to hold my nose to vote for Bush Sr. I will not vote for either of the Bush twins even though they are both sort of hot. I definitely oppose the attempted Clinton dynasty simply because Hillary is as evil as Lady MacBeth. Unlike Tiffany Trump, Chelsea Clinton is vapid as well as skanky looking.

Meanwhile; the US Ambassadore to the UN is April Gilispie reincarnated.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/gulf-war- ... spie/31145
Post by n7axw   » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:05 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

As for your evaluation of the Clintons, I'm not going there even though I disagree.

I 'm aware that I'm a bit too close to comfort to pc on this one and I don't like pc. But I'm going to say it anyway. Public comment on women's bodies is disrespectful. They come in all shapes and sizes and as the bearers of life deserve respect. I personally judge men by how they treat the women around them.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:41 pm

TFLYTSNBN

n7axw wrote:As for your evaluation of the Clintons, I'm not going there even though I disagree.

I 'm aware that I'm a bit too close to comfort to pc on this one and I don't like pc. But I'm going to say it anyway. Public comment on women's bodies is disrespectful. They come in all shapes and sizes and as the bearers of life deserve respect. I personally judge men by how they treat the women around them.

Don

-

I will get PC myself. A lot of women are unfairly presumed to be stupid just because they conform to the prevailing standards of attractiveness. Hence my reference to the often presumed, inverse correlation between breast size and intellect.

The PC issue set aside, the characteristics that most men find attractive generally correllate to fertility. The preference for a 2/3s waste to hip ration is essentially universal. Healthy skin and hair are also favored. There is more variance in preferences for other attributes. However; intelligence and professional success arev

Women judge men just as much as men judge women, but the criteria are different. Women place more emphasis on intelligence and financial success.

All of the alleged sexism aside, most wealthy countries have assertive mating where high earners marry each other. There are exceptions. I do know a successful attorney who is married to a mail carrier. This accounts for much of the economic disparity that liberals complain about.

Return to Politics