Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests

Impeachment now certain

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Impeachment now certain
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:34 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Eyal wrote:
Dilandu wrote:There is a difference between 75% of the population wanting to follow procedure, and 75% wanting president out. The impeachment, as I mentioned before, is NOT about justice; it is about damage control. If impeachment would be about justice, then all former presidents of USA still alive would be in prison for their numerous crimes.

What procedure? There is no procedure for impeachment trials beyond what the Senate sets. 75% of people wanting witnesses means just that, not adherence to procedure for it's own sake - since said procedure doesn't exist.

It is however supposed to be an actual *trial* and it's hard to argue there was one without a single witness testifying or piece of documentary evidence being subpoenaed. Even when first hand eye witnesses were volunteering to testify and relevant materials withheld by the White House were leaking into the public making it clear they were obstructing rhe investigation.

Trials are not: Opening arguments -> The Jury majority in consultation with the defense refuses to look at further evidence -> Ruling.

The only term for that is cover up.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:38 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Eyal:

The US is the only country to invoke Article V.
This was the result of the US being attacked with near nuclear weapons that would have resulted in Hiroshima level fatalities if the timing and impact locations had been slightly different. This was in retaliation for the US ejecting Iraq from Kuwait to guarantee global oil supplies rather than just concentrate on energy independence.

President Trump is gradually transitioning to a neoisolationist policy. This is provoking considerable opposition from the Deep State operatives in the Pentagon, CIA, NSC and other organizations. The impeachment was the result.

IMHO, I would find it highly entertaining to observe a war between Iran and Saudi Arabia, especially if it goes nuclear.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:26 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Eyal:

This was the result of the US being attacked with near nuclear weapons that would have resulted in Hiroshima level fatalities if the timing and impact locations had been slightly different.

What the actual hell are you talking about???
Post by n7axw   » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:36 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Eyal:

This was the result of the US being attacked with near nuclear weapons that would have resulted in Hiroshima level fatalities if the timing and impact locations had been slightly different.

I think he is referring to 9/11 although it seems a bit much...

Donna

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:43 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

n7axw wrote:
gcomeau wrote:

I think he is referring to 9/11 although it seems a bit much...

Donna

-

I mean, it would have to be if it was talking about the article 5 invocation... but you would also have to be insane to describe commercial airliners as near equivalents of nuclear weapons... so...
Post by Dilandu   » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:41 am

Dilandu
Admiral

n7axw wrote:I think he is referring to 9/11 although it seems a bit much...

Donna

-

About 33-40 times too much, actually. The 11 September attacks took 2977 lives. The Hiroshima bombing death toll is around 80.000 only immediate, and rise to 150.000+ by 1946.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:18 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

The E wrote:
Michael Everett wrote:Well done, E. You just summarized 90% of human history.

I don't know about you, but unlike our american friends I do still live in a country where "rule of law" is a thing.

Yep, but Germany as a country has only really existed since the 17th century. Before then, it was the battlefield/playground of all the neighboring countries.
And that's ignoring things like Witch Hunts and Pogroms (which most of Europe suffered from until the early 19th century).

But the many millennia before that?
90%+ of human history.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by The E   » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:18 am

The E
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:Yep, but Germany as a country has only really existed since the 17th century. Before then, it was the battlefield/playground of all the neighboring countries.
And that's ignoring things like Witch Hunts and Pogroms (which most of Europe suffered from until the early 19th century).

90%+ of human history.

And?
Post by Joat42   » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:25 am

Joat42
Admiral

The E wrote:
Michael Everett wrote:Well done, E. You just summarized 90% of human history.

I don't know about you, but unlike our american friends I do still live in a country where "rule of law" is a thing.

Michael Everett wrote:Yep, but Germany as a country has only really existed since the 17th century. Before then, it was the battlefield/playground of all the neighboring countries.

90%+ of human history.

I think you missed what E implied, that he prefer to live in a country that's not backsliding on the rule of law.

If we are going to judge current events against a historical backdrop, we are supposed to show that we are actually progressing and not regressing.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:40 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:I think you missed what E implied, that he prefer to live in a country that's not backsliding on the rule of law.

Ah, right.
That changes things a little.
Thanks for the clarification.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Politics