Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests

Impeachment now certain

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Impeachment now certain
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:32 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:The Supreme Court just gutted one of the articles of impeachment.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/4 ... mpeachment

It hasn't even heard the cases yet genius.
Post by WeberFan   » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:30 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

Didn't think I'd say it, but this thread is FUN for me to read during an otherwise tedious day. Hilarious in fact... But I do appreciate the thoughts y'all have.

On BOTH sides.

Cheers!
Post by The E   » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:10 pm

The E
Admiral

I'd hold off on celebrating until after the Supreme Court has actually delivered a verdict.
Post by Joat42   » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Joat42
Admiral

smr wrote:Joat42 my biggest concern is the display of anger within your soul. So please beware of this issue and take steps to solve this anger issue.[/b} I had this issue and it fell on death ears. This anger is preventing you from fulfilling the true destiny of life. I am not putting you down and I do not wish to discuss this issue anymore. I bare you no ill will or malice and hope you have a Good day!

You did it again, you didn't understand one word I said it seems. You are projecting [b]your belief and experiences on me as if you are the sole arbitrator of my truth.

Let me spell it out for you: Every time you take your belief and use it to tell me or others that we have problems or that we are wrong you are forcing your belief onto us.

Your viewpoint isn't that different from a Muslim, do you want a Muslim come and tell you that you are wrong because of his belief? Or a Satanist? Or a Hindu? Or a Shabak?

From my viewpoint all those religions are equally wrong, because they are all built on fairy tales told by some shaman in ancient times trying to make sense of a world they didn't understand while hiding in a dank hole from lightning.

My conclusion is that it seems like you aren't equipped to understand what I'm saying.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Annachie   » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:24 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:The Supreme Court just gutted one of the articles of impeachment.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/4 ... mpeachment

Actually it doesn't. But I can see why desperate people might think that.

The Supreme court has studiously avoided ruling on the subject since George Washington tried to ignore subpoena's from Congress. The courts view is that the framers intended the Congress and executive to negotiate such impasses themselves. (A 1789 decision I think it was, involving Washington) But then, that was on executive privileged, not a blanket "No"

It is most likely that a SCOTUS ruling will either be, "Go away and sort it out" or to uphold the lower courts decision.

Normally, I'd say it will be the former, but in this case everybody knows it would be back before SCOTUS within a year, so they'll support the lower court's decision, the Constitution, and the framers intent.

Of course chances are that even that will result in a case going before the courts which could lead to a result that the WH definitely wouldn't want. IE: Justice Roberts saying "Shut up and put up" rather than having to face such things whilst doing his duty during an impeachment trial.

As an aside. SCOTUS has previously declared that the Congressional investigative function is as integral and constitutional as it's legislative function. (Again, that Washington case iirc). SCOTUS also hold, as a fundamental part of it's decision making, that no reading of a part of the US Constitution can make a different part invalid. (Amended out, yes. Outright invalid, no)
The ruling that Trump seeks does exactly that, it invalidates part of the Constitution.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:28 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Fast Impeachment and Fast Senate Trial?

Senior Demoncrats last gasp at Removal of President.

Senate's Mission? Replacing "Bad Actors" within Judiciary. 180 judges approved so far! (Record number of Judges approval!) Previous Record: 125 in 8 years(rough number) by Obama.

Why is this so important? Judges are key fulcrums. These levers can allow testimony or prevent testimony that ensures fair trials.

Senate must finish Job before Showtime can begin.

Senate can not continue Approval of Judges while in Impeachment deliberations occur. Hence the need for short Impeachment Trial.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:34 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

For those in the USA, in Aussie slang "Pissed" means drunk.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5593569205
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:28 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Sorry I do not do facebook.

Annachie wrote:For those in the USA, in Aussie slang "Pissed" means drunk.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5593569205
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:14 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Fast Impeachment and Fast Senate Trial?

Senior Demoncrats last gasp at Removal of President.

Senate's Mission? Replacing "Bad Actors" within Judiciary. 180 judges approved so far! (Record number of Judges approval!) Previous Record: 125 in 8 years(rough number) by Obama.

Umm, no.

Clinton appointed 357...
Reagan appointed 347...
Bush appointed 310...

Do you ever actually look up the numbers you throw around?

Why is this so important? Judges are key fulcrums. These levers can allow testimony or prevent testimony that ensures fair trials.

Or prevent fair trials.

You know what record Trump has ACTUALLY broken on this subject? Number of judges nominated that the Bar Association said were not qualified to be judges. It's pretty clear why that is.
Post by Eyal   » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:24 pm

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

smr wrote:Senate's Mission? Replacing "Bad Actors" within Judiciary. 180 judges approved so far! (Record number of Judges approval!) Previous Record: 125 in 8 years(rough number) by Obama.

1) How is the Senate replacing these so-called "Bad Actors"? AFAIK all vacancies have happened "naturally" (retirement/death) - it certainly hasn't impeached any judges.
2) "Rough number" is putting it lightly. Per Wikipedia, Obama appointed 329 judges to Article III courts plus 20 to other courts.

I'm also not getting why this is being touted as such a big Trump accomplishment by Trump supporters; AFAIK he's picking names of a Federal Society list (so no effort in finding judges) and the Senate is rubber-stamping his nominations (so no political effort in getting the Senate to approve). If anyone should get the credit it would be McConnell.

Return to Politics