Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

Impeachment now certain

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Impeachment now certain
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:24 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Whatever we believe, gcomeau, congress will vote out Articles of Impeachment. It will go to trial in the Senate. There at least we'll see an honest inquiry/prosecution.

At that time the public can decide what to do about all of this in the next election. I am getting tired of discussing anything here in politics. I guess I need another long vacation from this forum.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:41 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Whatever we believe, gcomeau, congress will vote out Articles of Impeachment. It will go to trial in the Senate. There at least we'll see an honest inquiry/prosecution.

One more time, explain how this hasn't been honest with even an iota of evidence. Are you accusing EVERY SINGLE witness who was willing to give their testimony under oath of perjury? Based on what?

At that time the public can decide what to do about all of this in the next election. I am getting tired of discussing anything here in politics. I guess I need another long vacation from this forum.

So in other words, you can't rationally explain how what you believe is happening would actually work so you're going to bank on hoping that after the GOP members of the Senate refuse to impeach no matter what is shown at trial then enough other people don't care it can't be explained either when they cast their votes.

Solid ground for building a healthy Republic there Peter. Real solid.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:31 pm

TFLYTSNBN

No Shifty Shitty Schiff is implicated in the Ukrainian pay off scandal.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/1 ... tion-case/
Post by Joat42   » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:42 pm

Joat42
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:No Shifty Shitty Schiff is implicated in the Ukrainian pay off scandal.

How about you list all the other people owning mutual shares in the same companies and the reasons why they aren't implicated also.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:33 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Joat42 wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:No Shifty Shitty Schiff is implicated in the Ukrainian pay off scandal.

How about you list all the other people owning mutual shares in the same companies and the reasons why they aren't implicated also.

None of the other stockholders are abusing their authority as members of the House of Representatives to impeach President Trump so as to interfere with an investigation.
Post by Joat42   » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:34 pm

Joat42
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:None of the other stockholders are abusing their authority as members of the House of Representatives to impeach President Trump so as to interfere with an investigation.

You think Schiff is doing this because he has stock in companies that have connections to businesses in Ukraine? Stock worth less than $50k? :roll:

It's kind of sad that Schiff follows the law and discloses his financial interests, and some right-wing ankle-biter manages to draw some fantastic conclusions from that while totally turning a blind eye towards Trump's refusal to disclose his financial information (and blatant abuse of power).

I have to ask, do you actually question the validity of the things you read on these ankle-biter sites or if it even makes sense? It doesn't seem so anyway and I think you should read the book Network Propaganda – Manipulation, Disinformation, and Radicalization in American Politics which I have linked to earlier. Here is a quote (again) that's relevant for you:
Dynamics on the right tend to reinforce partisan statements, irrespective of their truth, and to punish actors—be they media outlets or politicians and pundits—who insist on speaking truths that are inconsistent with partisan frames and narratives dominant within the ecosystem.

. . .

It is not that Republicans are more gullible, or less rational, than Democrats. It is not that technology has destroyed the possibility of shared discourse for all. It is the structure of the media ecosystem within which Republican voters, whether conservatives or right-wing radicals, on the one hand, and Republican politicians, on the other hand, find themselves that made them particularly susceptible to misperception and manipulation, while the media ecosystem that Democrats and their supporters occupied exhibited structural features that were more robust to propaganda efforts and offered more avenues for self-correction and self-healing.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by smr   » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:09 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Of all those witnesses, only 1 witness actually spoke to Trump. Which means only 1 person would be allowed to testify in a Senate Trial because he actually spoke to the President. Hear say is not allowed in a court of law. Ambassador Songland spoke to the President. When Ambassador Songland asked what President Trump wanted. He responded that he wanted nothing from Ukraine. he wanted no quid pro quo and that he he wanted him to do his job. Typical of Democrats, we hate Trump so lets make up a story and impeach him because we all know that orange man is bad.

Joat42 wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:None of the other stockholders are abusing their authority as members of the House of Representatives to impeach President Trump so as to interfere with an investigation.

You think Schiff is doing this because he has stock in companies that have connections to businesses in Ukraine? Stock worth less than $50k? :roll:

It's kind of sad that Schiff follows the law and discloses his financial interests, and some right-wing ankle-biter manages to draw some fantastic conclusions from that while totally turning a blind eye towards Trump's refusal to disclose his financial information (and blatant abuse of power).

I have to ask, do you actually question the validity of the things you read on these ankle-biter sites or if it even makes sense? It doesn't seem so anyway and I think you should read the book Network Propaganda – Manipulation, Disinformation, and Radicalization in American Politics which I have linked to earlier. Here is a quote (again) that's relevant for you:
Dynamics on the right tend to reinforce partisan statements, irrespective of their truth, and to punish actors—be they media outlets or politicians and pundits—who insist on speaking truths that are inconsistent with partisan frames and narratives dominant within the ecosystem.

. . .

It is not that Republicans are more gullible, or less rational, than Democrats. It is not that technology has destroyed the possibility of shared discourse for all. It is the structure of the media ecosystem within which Republican voters, whether conservatives or right-wing radicals, on the one hand, and Republican politicians, on the other hand, find themselves that made them particularly susceptible to misperception and manipulation, while the media ecosystem that Democrats and their supporters occupied exhibited structural features that were more robust to propaganda efforts and offered more avenues for self-correction and self-healing.
Post by Eyal   » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:03 pm

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

smr wrote:Of all those witnesses, only 1 witness actually spoke to Trump. Which means only 1 person would be allowed to testify in a Senate Trial because he actually spoke to the President. Hear say is not allowed in a court of law. Ambassador Songland spoke to the President. When Ambassador Songland asked what President Trump wanted. He responded that he wanted nothing from Ukraine. he wanted no quid pro quo and that he he wanted him to do his job. Typical of Democrats, we hate Trump so lets make up a story and impeach him because we all know that orange man is bad.

He said he wanted nothing from the Ukraine after the whole affair was exposed (which was also when the aid was suddenly released). It should also be pointed out that there are many exceptions to nonadmissability of hearsay.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:14 am

TFLYTSNBN

Post by gcomeau   » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:01 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Of all those witnesses, only 1 witness actually spoke to Trump. Which means only 1 person would be allowed to testify in a Senate Trial because he actually spoke to the President.

Someone needs to learn how evidence and trials work.

Return to Politics