Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:08 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
Imaginos1892 wrote:No, you were the one that brought up wanking for no reason at all, and keep projecting your abnormal sexual fixations at everybody you hate. Doing so says nothing about the people you try to insult, and everything about you.

The E wrote:If you could find a single other post of mine that would speak to my sexual fantasies, that would be appreciated. I trust that you, dedicated as you are to factual accuracy in all things, do have some data to support your opinion here.

Seriously, guys, either start to spill in out, or stop it. :D

Please, NO! Don't "spill it out"! Keep it zipped or "spill it out" in PMs!
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:23 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

The E wrote:Strange how said "enemy"

Those jihadists are enemies of civilization itself. If that does not make them your enemies, you are welcome to go live without civilization. Don’t expect the rest of us to do so. Some folks can smell the smoke. Apparently, some won’t notice until they feel the fire.

The E wrote:
Imaginos1892 wrote:No, you were the one that brought up wanking for no reason at all, and keep projecting your abnormal sexual fixations at everybody you hate. Doing so says nothing about the people you try to insult, and everything about you.

If you could find a single other post of mine that would speak to my sexual fantasies, that would be appreciated. I trust that you, dedicated as you are to factual accuracy in all things, do have some data to support your opinion here.

The E wrote:We get it, you like Bezos. You don't need to suck his cock in public.

Ewww. You'd be doing everybody a big favor to keep that shit to yourself.

The E wrote:Imaginos is shocked, outraged, annoyed that I had the temerity to post something he feels is an inaccurate and borderline offensive portrayal of his political tribe. He is an individual, goddammit, and he deserves to be treated as such; How dare anyone judge him based on some categorization that he strongly feels does not apply to him!

That bullshit exists only inside your head. I do not harbor any of those feelings. I am mildly disgusted, and somewhat amused by your conceit that you know what I believe, and I do not. Thus, the mockery.

The E wrote:At some point, you have to take responsibility for your actions. Blaming your personal political decision to back someone as utterly unqualified for the office of the President

I did not vote for the worst candidate, or the second-worst. Trump is not my monkey. I have told you that repeatedly, but the bullshit inside your head is impervious to external reality. You ‘just know’ that I am ‘A Trump Voter’ and therefore identical to all ‘Trump Voters’. You are clearly incapable of knowing anything else.

The E wrote:Of course not. But you would do well to compare the number of terrorist incidents in your country that have an islamic background with the number of such incidents with a white supremacist/nationalist background

Almost all the terrorist incidents I've seen have been perpetrated by jihadists. Some were initially reported to be by 'white supremacists' but when the perpetrators were found to be islamic, the media quickly moved on to something else.

The E wrote:So where exactly is your "we must stop immigrants from entering our country and changing our culture"

As a sovereign nation, we have the right to decide who we will, and will not, allow into our country. We already have more of our own poor than we can support, and do not need to import more. We definitely don’t need the violent criminals, and the perpetually discontented that come here to march in our streets waving foreign flags and clamoring for the downfall of America. If they hate our country so much, why do they come here?

The E wrote:In a "sane" society, you wouldn't have to worry about other people trying to kill or assault you

You can pretend that murderers don’t exist. Let me know if you get the murderers to go along with your little fantasy.
———————————
Not everybody should go to college. Some folks, you send 'em to college and you just wind up with an educated idiot.
Post by The E   » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:35 am

The E
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Those jihadists are enemies of civilization itself. If that does not make them your enemies, you are welcome to go live without civilization. Don’t expect the rest of us to do so. Some folks can smell the smoke. Apparently, some won’t notice until they feel the fire.

"those jihadists"? Who? Tell me, as an approximate number, how many of the approximately 5 million muslims currently in Germany are "jihadists"?

(Be aware that there actually is an official number. I wonder how far off from it you are).

That bullshit exists only inside your head. I do not harbor any of those feelings. I am mildly disgusted, and somewhat amused by your conceit that you know what I believe, and I do not. Thus, the mockery.

And yet you keep protesting about it. The normal reaction to finding something mildly amusing is to either commend it or move past it...

I did not vote for the worst candidate, or the second-worst. Trump is not my monkey. I have told you that repeatedly, but the bullshit inside your head is impervious to external reality. You ‘just know’ that I am ‘A Trump Voter’ and therefore identical to all ‘Trump Voters’. You are clearly incapable of knowing anything else.

Don't blame me for the stupidity of your electoral system that makes every presidential election into a two-horse race; The fact that you didn't perform the one action that would stop a Trump presidency from happening indicates that you were fine with Trump as a president because you assumed that the alternative was worse.

You're openly derisive of the idea of a functional government after all; For you, a government that is incompetent in just the right ways (meaning, in ways that do not involve you suffering much under it) is the ideal outcome, isn't it. Or am I getting that wrong too?

Almost all the terrorist incidents I've seen have been perpetrated by jihadists. Some were initially reported to be by 'white supremacists' but when the perpetrators were found to be islamic, the media quickly moved on to something else.

And you accuse others of ignoring reality?

Wow.

As a sovereign nation, we have the right to decide who we will, and will not, allow into our country. We already have more of our own poor than we can support, and do not need to import more. We definitely don’t need the violent criminals, and the perpetually discontented that come here to march in our streets waving foreign flags and clamoring for the downfall of America. If they hate our country so much, why do they come here?

I am not sure how this relates to the question I asked, but I suppose it is confirmation that I am right in treating you and TFLY as roughly similar in outlook and political goals (except, to your credit, you seem like a more mature individual).

You can pretend that murderers don’t exist. Let me know if you get the murderers to go along with your little fantasy.

I live in a country that had a homicide rate of 1.1 per 100000 inhabitants last year. The city I live in, a city of some 300000 people, had 836 instances of violent crime in the last year, or about 0.002 cases per 100k citizens.
So, statistically speaking, murder (of which we had 8) might as well not exist as a factor when it comes to figuring out how to keep myself safe. Making sure that the valuables I carry on my person are safe from pickpockets is pretty much the extent of things I need to do in order to move around safely here, and even that has more to do with my personal peace of mind than any actual risk of being pickpocketed.
This has nothing to do with pretending that crime doesn't happen and all to do with living in a society that isn't as paranoid and insecure as yours is.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:37 pm

TFLYTSNBN

The E wrote:
Imaginos1892 wrote:Those jihadists are enemies of civilization itself. If that does not make them your enemies, you are welcome to go live without civilization. Don’t expect the rest of us to do so. Some folks can smell the smoke. Apparently, some won’t notice until they feel the fire.

"those jihadists"? Who? Tell me, as an approximate number, how many of the approximately 5 million muslims currently in Germany are "jihadists"?

(Be aware that there actually is an official number. I wonder how far off from it you are).

And yet you keep protesting about it. The normal reaction to finding something mildly amusing is to either commend it or move past it...

Don't blame me for the stupidity of your electoral system that makes every presidential election into a two-horse race; The fact that you didn't perform the one action that would stop a Trump presidency from happening indicates that you were fine with Trump as a president because you assumed that the alternative was worse.

You're openly derisive of the idea of a functional government after all; For you, a government that is incompetent in just the right ways (meaning, in ways that do not involve you suffering much under it) is the ideal outcome, isn't it. Or am I getting that wrong too?

And you accuse others of ignoring reality?

Wow.

I am not sure how this relates to the question I asked, but I suppose it is confirmation that I am right in treating you and TFLY as roughly similar in outlook and political goals (except, to your credit, you seem like a more mature individual).

I live in a country that had a homicide rate of 1.1 per 100000 inhabitants last year. The city I live in, a city of some 300000 people, had 836 instances of violent crime in the last year, or about 0.002 cases per 100k citizens.
So, statistically speaking, murder (of which we had 8) might as well not exist as a factor when it comes to figuring out how to keep myself safe. Making sure that the valuables I carry on my person are safe from pickpockets is pretty much the extent of things I need to do in order to move around safely here, and even that has more to do with my personal peace of mind than any actual risk of being pickpocketed.
This has nothing to do with pretending that crime doesn't happen and all to do with living in a society that isn't as paranoid and insecure as yours is.

You continue to ignore reality. Congratulations on your extremely low crime and homicide rates. I also congratulate you on having police who continue to be extremely adept at solving crimes. See here:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/germany-r ... es-cleared

Compare this to the abysmally low clearance rates achieved in the the US.
Post by The E   » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:10 pm

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:You continue to ignore reality.

Which reality is that? The reality in which despite my country doing everything wrong (according to your and Imaginos' theories of good governance, anyway), it is still safer, more stable and more prosperous than yours is?

No, I don't think I am ignoring that reality. You are.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:11 pm

TFLYTSNBN

The E wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:You continue to ignore reality.

Which reality is that? The reality in which despite my country doing everything wrong (according to your and Imaginos' theories of good governance, anyway), it is still safer, more stable and more prosperous than yours is?

No, I don't think I am ignoring that reality. You are.

Germany is definitely NOT more prosperous than the US:

https://www.worldometers.info/gdp/gdp-per-capita/

Now that President Trump is dismantling the Brenton Woods free trade regime, Germany's export dominated economy is FUBARed. All of those immigrants that you imported to work in BMW and Volkswagon factories are going to be unemployed because the latest revision of NAFTA precludes Mexico from being exempt from tariffs on autos that are assembled in Mexico using engines and transmissions manufactured in Germany. Your auto makers are busy building engine and transmission factories in the US to provide components for the assembly plants in Mexico.

Let the rioting by all of your unemployed immigrants begin.

Now popping popcorn.
Post by The E   » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:06 pm

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Germany is definitely NOT more prosperous than the US:

Prosperity is more than just GDP per capita.

Now that President Trump is dismantling the Brenton Woods free trade regime, Germany's export dominated economy is FUBARed.

Heh. You really believe that, don't you.

All of those immigrants that you imported to work in BMW and Volkswagon factories are going to be unemployed because the latest revision of NAFTA precludes Mexico from being exempt from tariffs on autos that are assembled in Mexico using engines and transmissions manufactured in Germany.

What gave you the impression that the US was that important to the german economy? I mean, yes, exports to the US make up about 9% of our total market, that's by no means insignificant, but even losing that completely (and there's no chance in hell of that happening, since the export-oriented parts of the US economy do have a strong interest in favourable trade deals with the EU) wouldn't exactly destroy our economy.

But by all means, do continue living in this fantasy world of yours where the US is the only thing that matters.

Let the rioting by all of your unemployed immigrants begin.

Why would they riot? Instead of making engines for cars destined for the US market, they'll just be making fewer engines. Or, you know, start building cars for Tesla. There's quite a few options for people with mechanical engineering backgrounds all over the place.
Post by Daryl   » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:32 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Lies, damn lies and statistics. You can research all types of lists with different parameters.
No doubt that the top twenty or so countries generally come up in varying order, and all are far preferable to those below them.
I note that the US is quite high in average personal income and wealth, but when you switch it to median (the point where half are above and half below) it drops well down, indicating an unequal society. A simple example of this could be a room of ten clerks and factory hands with a median and average income of $55,000. Bill Gates enters and the median doesn't change but the average goes to many millions.
Every society (bar ISIS, Saudis and such) has its good points. I suspect that the US feels freer because they are more to the right politically, so have less government intrusion. However I feel freer knowing that if all goes to pot personally there is a universal welfare and health net waiting for me.
I note that the Swiss have passed Australia for the highest median personal wealth. Possibly our current five to seven year drought has pulled us back.
In The E's defence the order does seem to have changed in recent times, as Germany was previously higher than when I just checked.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:44 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

The E wrote:"those jihadists"? Who? Tell me, as an approximate number, how many of the approximately 5 million muslims currently in Germany are "jihadists"?

How many do you need? It only took a dozen of them to provoke a massive overreaction from the US government — the ‘Patriot Act’, Department Of Homeland Security, and TSA. The government took our freedom, and we got nothing for it. How many atrocities would it take to provoke crackdowns from the German government? Like the ones we’re already seeing in France?

Taking down Al-Queda was necessary, by the way. We can’t stop them from hating us, and trying to kill us, so we are left with killing them in self-defense.

The E wrote:Oh right, it's because we're a democracy and the only way to get changes done is through democratic actions, which is kind of hard to do if you're some sort of fringe group (as islamic extremists inevitably are).

So was the Weimar Republic. How the hell can a German be utterly oblivious to the abuses that governments are prone to, AND the dangers of fanatics? Do you know nothing of history at all, especially your own?

The E wrote:And yet you keep protesting about it. The normal reaction to finding something mildly amusing is to either commend it or move past it...

Wow, the mockery just flies right over your head…

The E wrote:Don't blame me for the stupidity of your electoral system that makes every presidential election into a two-horse race; The fact that you didn't perform the one action that would stop a Trump presidency from happening indicates that you were fine with Trump as a president because you assumed that the alternative was worse.

What has any of that to do with your false claims that I am ‘A Trump Voter’ and/or ‘A Trump Fanboy’? Other than it being a typical leftist move. When called on your bullshit, you try to distract everybody by flinging more bullshit.

The E wrote:I am right in treating you and TFLY as roughly similar in outlook

WHY is it such an intolerable hardship and injustice for people to live in their own home countries? Why are we so Unspeakably Eeevil for wanting them to do so? How else are we to deal with the mobs besieging our borders?

The E wrote:QED

Wait, isn't that what you're supposed to put after a well-reasoned, conclusive argument? Not just stuck on…nothing?

The E wrote:Well, aren't you the guys currently at the forefront of climate change denial?

Before you can accuse anyone of 'denial' you must first establish that there is something to deny.

Nobody can stop you from following Chicken Little, but some of us have noticed that the sky is not, in fact, falling, and that running to the King in a panic is the wrong solution to the wrong problem. There are other, much better reasons to escape our dependence on the burning of coal, oil and gas for energy. Political reasons, such as handing trillions of dollars to those proclaiming themselves our enemies. Safety reasons, stemming from the hazards of transporting millions of tons of toxic, flammable and potentially explosive materials around the world. Practical reasons, such as the fact that they are finite resources, and will not last forever. They are becoming more expensive, not only in terms of money, but in the amount of energy required to extract and process them for use. The net energy yield is diminishing.

Those reasons are not based on an unproven hypothesis that depends on incomplete data, questionable methodology, and computer models that have consistently failed to make accurate predictions. They are perfectly straightforward, simple to understand, and provably true.

Thing is, those reasons also do not require massive government intrusion into our lives, do not create vast new unproductive bureaucracies stuffed with overpaid government drones, do not punish all those Eeeevil users of coal, oil and gas with gargantuan fees and bury them under burdensome regulations, and do not create opportunities to gift The Right People with trillions of dollars in ‘Green Energy’ subsidies, grants and never-to-be-paid-back ‘investments’.

So all we hear is a strident clamor from the least relevant sources — clueless celebrities and pandering politicians unqualified even to have an opinion on the subject, all screaming GLOBALWARMING!! GLOBALWARMING!! CRISIS!! CATASTROPHE!! The King must Do Something!!

Well, the last King Did Something, and it was all a useless waste of our money that did nothing but make his rich cronies richer. See Solyndra, First Solar, Fisker, Brightsource, SunPower, and dozens of other ‘sustainable energy’ government boondoggles.

If ’97% of climate scientists’ really are all saying exactly the same thing, it’s a big clue that something is rotten. The most essential part of science is constantly questioning what we think we know. When scientists dare not question the dogma, they have ceased to do science.

It wasn’t always that way. Many years ago, some scientists did question the growing Cult Of Climate Change, and were promptly pilloried and excommunicated for their heresy.

Scientists are smart. There only needed to be a few examples made; the rest quickly learned that if you want funding, if you want to be published, you WILL parrot Orthodox Global Warming to the letter.

Why are the Global Warming Zealots so terrified of disagreement? Why do they act so precipitously to instantly quash all dissent? Those are not the actions of a benevolent group confident that they are right, but more the behavior one would expect from a con man afraid that the marks are wising up.
———————————
There is no shortage of people convinced they can create the perfect world. Trouble is, they always start out by fucking up this one.
Post by The E   » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:44 am

The E
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:How many do you need? It only took a dozen of them to provoke a massive overreaction from the US government — the ‘Patriot Act’, Department Of Homeland Security, and TSA. The government took our freedom, and we got nothing for it. How many atrocities would it take to provoke crackdowns from the German government? Like the ones we’re already seeing in France?

Taking down Al-Queda was necessary, by the way. We can’t stop them from hating us, and trying to kill us, so we are left with killing them in self-defense.

Of the 5 million muslims in Germany today, about 26000 individuals are rated as having some sort of connection to known radical islamist groups, or about 0.5% of the total. Why do you think it is right and proper to judge all 5 million muslims as unwelcome here, based purely on what 0.5% of them might do?

By that logic, what is your position on people having children? After all, we already know that a number of them will grow up to be criminals; if you're right and it is just and proper for a society to keep itself safe by removing any potential source of danger, then it follows that people should be stopped from procreating!

I know, I know, that's not what you meant. It's something you would never contemplate, and how dare I make the insinuation that you would!

However, there really isn't that much difference between the two arguments, is there. Both are wildly irrational, both are completely idiotic and laced with prejudice, fear and hate; In your case, as you yourself point out, it isn't even really fear of muslims themselves that motivates you. No, it's fear of what your fellow americans might do in response to an attack that motivates you; you fear waking sleeping beasts because once they're awake, they might do things that could infringe on what you consider your rights.

The massive irony that the only way to get what you want is by infringing on one of the core rights americans enjoy today and that was one of the core promises of America as an experiment is, I hope, not lost on you.

So was the Weimar Republic. How the hell can a German be utterly oblivious to the abuses that governments are prone to, AND the dangers of fanatics? Do you know nothing of history at all, especially your own?

Ah, so you are aware that the main problem in German politics today is a resurgence of people with far-right authoritarian and xenophobic views who want to (checks notes) remove all muslims from Germany because the risk of criminals or terrorists among them is just too high.

See, I do know history. And what it tells me is that letting people who see a minority in the country as dangerous have their way with said minority will always end in disaster.

What has any of that to do with your false claims that I am ‘A Trump Voter’ and/or ‘A Trump Fanboy’? Other than it being a typical leftist move. When called on your bullshit, you try to distract everybody by flinging more bullshit.

There is a notable lack of you actually criticizing the Trump admin for anything it does.

Return to Politics