Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests

Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:08 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
gcomeau wrote:No, I stated the prospect of getting in a fight with the US military is a great motivator to go to the freaking table. Whereupon you use those diplomats we discussed. That's what they have jobs for.

Actually... no. Because, to put it simply, how much damage could you do to Assad in short time?

Snip the rest of that strawman saturated rant.

1. Who said anything about a short time?

2. Quite a lot of damage actually, but they likely wouldn't need to, because see point 4...

3. Syrian military could be bombed without bombing civilians... maybe this is a thing that doesn't occur to Russians.

4. The point is DETERRENCE AND MOTIVATION to get to the negotiating table. And I will point out yet again that yes the US military presence there was indeed sufficient to achieve that end because it already freaking WAS before Trump blew it all up.
Post by Dilandu   » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:12 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
He is all approving of the fact that the US flipped an ally into a potential enemy. Because that's the kind of outcome *he* wants to see. The US losing allies while Russia gains influence.

Why shouldn't I? If it would help to finally stop the massive slaughter of thousands of innocent civilians. And, to be exact, USA made everything they could (short of direct intervention) to let the slaughter continue.

So, why anyone in Syria should like you? Your politics here failed completely. Your support for "democratic rebels" in their bid for power just led to more and more death and destruction. So yes, you ARE the Bad Guys of Syria. Not Russia, not Assad; the USA. And for next several decades you would be.

P.S. Clear example of gcomeau duplicity; just a few posts ago he was pulling his hairs out, moaning for the poor Kurds that would be oppressed by Assad. As soon as I mentioned, that US "betrayal" and Turkey invasion actually would help to improve Kurds status in Syria - gcomeau immediately released another mad rant. Now he is basically claiming that Kurds are good only as long as they love Holy Democracy.

Sorry, gcomeau, but being old-school liberal (which by modern means basically make me a conservative), I believe that peoples have personal value regardless of their value to someone else.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Dilandu   » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:18 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Snip the rest of that strawman saturated rant.

Translation: "I knew nothing about military matters, so I could not say anything practical here".

gcomeau wrote:1. Who said anything about a short time?

Ah, so you are thinking that USA should went into ANOTHER prolonged war because of POSSIBLE repercussions against Kurds? Just splendid example of utter military sencelessense.

gcomeau wrote:2. Quite a lot of damage actually, but they likely wouldn't need to, because see point 4...

Okay, so you are willing to create even more chaos and destruction. Splendid.
gcomeau wrote:3. Syrian military could be bombed without bombing civilians... maybe this is a thing that doesn't occur to Russians.

No, it's just you are idiot, who did not realize that the military is all that holding what's left of Syria together. Without order, brought by Syrian troops, the situation deteriorate immediately, and civilians would start to die in tens of thousands because of lack of food, water, medical supplies and electric power.

gcomeau wrote:4. The point is DETERRENCE AND MOTIVATION to get to the negotiating table. And I will point out yet again that yes the US military presence there was indeed sufficient to achieve that end because it already freaking WAS before Trump blew it all up.

You are clinging to the straws, to make yourself looks like a self-absorbed Nazi, who are willing to threw more destruction and misery on the already-suffering nation, that dared to not just die, when you ordered them.

Post by gcomeau   » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:20 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
gcomeau wrote:
He is all approving of the fact that the US flipped an ally into a potential enemy. Because that's the kind of outcome *he* wants to see. The US losing allies while Russia gains influence.

Why shouldn't I? If it would help to finally stop the massive slaughter of thousands of innocent civilians. And, to be exact, USA made everything they could (short of direct intervention) to let the slaughter continue.

So, why anyone in Syria should like you? Your politics here failed completely. Your support for "democratic rebels" in their bid for power just led to more and more death and destruction. So yes, you ARE the Bad Guys of Syria. Not Russia, not Assad; the USA. And for next several decades you would be.

P.S. Clear example of gcomeau duplicity; just a few posts ago he was pulling his hairs out, moaning for the poor Kurds that would be oppressed by Assad. As soon as I mentioned, that US "betrayal" and Turkey invasion actually would help to improve Kurds status in Syria - gcomeau immediately released another mad rant. Now he is basically claiming that Kurds are good only as long as they love Holy Democracy.

I didn't find it actually necessary to point out the dishonest absurdity of claiming selling out the Kurds to an ethnic cleansing campaign was somehow in their best interests just because *you* liked where it potentially led in terms of their alienation from the US as a result that opens them up to potential long term co-option by the Russians.
Post by Dilandu   » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:21 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

More and more times gcomeau demonstrated, that he have absolutely zero compassion, that he is evaluating peoples only on the parameter "did they love America or not", and that he is perfectly fine with killing women and children, just because they dared to not obey Uncle Sam immediately.

Post by gcomeau   » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:22 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Snip the rest of that strawman saturated rant.

Translation: "I knew nothing about military matters, so I could not say anything practical here".

gcomeau wrote:1. Who said anything about a short time?

Ah, so you are thinking that USA should went into ANOTHER prolonged war because of POSSIBLE repercussions against Kurds? Just splendid example of utter military sencelessense.

gcomeau wrote:2. Quite a lot of damage actually, but they likely wouldn't need to, because see point 4...

Okay, so you are willing to create even more chaos and destruction. Splendid.
gcomeau wrote:3. Syrian military could be bombed without bombing civilians... maybe this is a thing that doesn't occur to Russians.

No, it's just you are idiot, who did not realize that the military is all that holding what's left of Syria together. Without order, brought by Syrian troops, the situation deteriorate immediately, and civilians would start to die in tens of thousands because of lack of food, water, medical supplies and electric power.

gcomeau wrote:4. The point is DETERRENCE AND MOTIVATION to get to the negotiating table. And I will point out yet again that yes the US military presence there was indeed sufficient to achieve that end because it already freaking WAS before Trump blew it all up.

You are clinging to the straws, to make yourself looks like a self-absorbed Nazi, who are willing to threw more destruction and misery on the already-suffering nation, that dared to not just die, when you ordered them.

I see someone is slipping into full voiced Russian Propaganda mode.

(And as a reminder, I'm not American. You seem to be losing sight of that)
Post by Dilandu   » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:23 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
I didn't find it actually necessary to point out the dishonest absurdity of claiming selling out the Kurds to an ethnic cleansing campaign was somehow in their best interests just because *you* liked where it potentially led in terms of their alienation from the US as a result that opens them up to potential long term co-option by the Russians.

Currently the only one who is sprouting dishonest, amoral and incredibly cruel absurdities, is you.

I'm just trying to make sense of the situation, that dared to not be as black and white as you hysterically ordered to be.

Post by gcomeau   » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:24 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:More and more times gcomeau demonstrated, that he have absolutely zero compassion, that he is evaluating peoples only on the parameter "did they love America or not", and that he is perfectly fine with killing women and children, just because they dared to not obey Uncle Sam immediately.

You're the only one here talking about killing women and children at all. And approvingly to boot, every time you cheerlead the decision to sign off on the Turk invasion. So shove your transparently bullshit fake concern for the Kurds.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:24 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Dilandu wrote:I Just thought... Actually, for Kurds the current situation is probably the most... promising, they could even get. They now have important common ground with the rest of Syria: they both have common enemies.

Syrians dislike Turks and hate USA. Kurds hate Turks, and (now) dislike USA. Having common enemies to hate could actually bring peoples together quite fine. Especially considering that for Syrians, Kurds now aren't "those traitorous bastards, who sided with Americans", but "those poor bastards, who were betrayed by bloody Americans".

Your verbiage is rather crude and insulting to the US, but you do have a valid point. Many of the tyrants of the Islamic world were supported by ethnic/religious minorities that view the tyrants as the lessor of two evils that are their only protection from genocide by Islamic fundamentalists. The Syrian Kurds undermined their political support within the US by launching an religious/ethnic clensing campaign against the Christian Kurds and Yazidis.

Allowing Turkey and Russia to invade Norther Syria is provoking the hatred of almost all Syrians. The Saudis and the Iranians are going to become alarmed by the prospect of Edrogen restoring the Ottoman Empire. This just might unify Syria against an external enemy other than Israel and the US. (I am aware that Israel is still supporting the Kurds. This could change.)

Another dynamic that is ignored is that even when ruled by the heirs of Kemal Ataturk, Turkey has never fit comfortably within NATO. The only motivation for the alliance was the threat of the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact. The USSR is no more and most of the former Eastern bloc countries are members of NATO. Edrogen is very blatantly betraying NATO. The US has an interest in either ejecting Turkey from NATO or motivating Turkey to renounce Edrogen's ambition to become the Caliph.

Another factor is Edrogen's threat to send another 3 million Islamicist refugees to Europe. Even Europeans are beginning to understand that this might not be such a good thing.
Post by Dilandu   » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:25 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
I see someone is slipping into full voiced Russian Propaganda mode.

So, you haven't anything to actually answer? Or started to feel uncomfortable of what exactly are you suggesting, when it is presented as it actually looks like? If later, there is still chance for you.

Return to Politics