Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests

WARGAMES - ONLINE ATTACKS

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:51 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The World of Online Warfare. How low will we go? Will we eventually attack each other's nuclear power plants? Worse?

Last edited by cthia on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: War games - Online Attacks
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Will we eventually set off Global Thermonuclear War?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:02 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Is the ultimate aftermath of Russian interference in the democratic process going to be a silicon fight? Are we going to take the war to the sandy beaches?

Re: WARGAMES - ONLINE ATTACKS
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:30 am

TFLYTSNBN

cthia wrote:WARGAMES - ONLINE ATTACKS

The World of Online Warfare. How low will we go? Will we eventually attack each other's nuclear power plants? Worse?

The most effective and devastating method to attack a nuclear power plant is to nuke it.

As alarming as a reactor meltdown might be, most of the fission products remain either in the core or the ground water and ocean (Fukushima) where they pose less of a threat to human health than if they are injected into the atmosphere and widely dispersed. An exception is an explosion and fire in a graphite moderated reactor that has been dsigned by Russian morons to be a positive void reactor then mismanaged by Ukrainian morons.

Nuking an operating nuclear power plant with say a 100 kiloton bomb will liberate the entirety of the reactor core as well as the contents of the spent fuel pool into the atmosphere and widely disperse them.
The intermediate and long term radioactivity of one Gigawatt years worth of reactor core or spent fuel rods is equivalent to the radioactivity from a 50 megaton bomb.

Since the French were foolish enough to cluster as well as clusterfuck their reactors into only a few complexes, a single Trident II missile can subject France (and asan added bonus, Germany) to the radiological equivalent of about 5,000 megatons.

Of course it would be advisable to hunt down and sink any of France's ballistic missile submarines that are at sea and allocate a few warheads to nuke any subs that are in port.

Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:32 am

TFLYTSNBN

cthia wrote:Is the ultimate aftermath of Russian interference in the democratic process going to be a silicon fight? Are we going to take the war to the sandy beaches?

It was the British who interfered in the election by fsbricating the Steele dossier then conning Senator McCain into delivering it to the CIA as if it were somehow genuine.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:33 am

TFLYTSNBN

A really simple solution would be to disconnect any computers that design or manage critical infrastrucure and weapins from the internet.
Post by Daryl   » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:24 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

During my time with the Australian Army we had strict protocols. Our sec unclassified network could interface with the internet, but we had fire walls, our sec classified network had quite limited access and was monitored, sec secret had no access to the internet and any data transfer by printing or usb stick was registered and monitored, our sec top secret system came to one separate terminal in my personal office which was Edison Cage protected, and I can't say more even now. There were some other even higher classifications that were insanely well protected.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:A really simple solution would be to disconnect any computers that design or manage critical infrastrucure and weapins from the internet.
Post by The E   » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:34 am

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:A really simple solution would be to disconnect any computers that design or manage critical infrastrucure and weapins from the internet.

A solution that is neither secure nor simple.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 am

TFLYTSNBN

The E wrote:

A solution that is neither secure nor simple.

I think that Daryl just refuted your point.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:22 am

TFLYTSNBN

Daryl wrote:During my time with the Australian Army we had strict protocols. Our sec unclassified network could interface with the internet, but we had fire walls, our sec classified network had quite limited access and was monitored, sec secret had no access to the internet and any data transfer by printing or usb stick was registered and monitored, our sec top secret system came to one separate terminal in my personal office which was Edison Cage protected, and I can't say more even now. There were some other even higher classifications that were insanely well protected.

I suspect that most militaries in the world impose similar safeguards.

It is truly amazing that someone was able to FUBAR the Iranians Uranium enrichment program by infecting the computers controlling the gas centrifuge cascades with a virus that caused them to spin the centrifuges at a speed that tore them apart.

Somewhere in Israel or may be the US, some hacker is ROTFLHAO.

Return to Politics