Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Boycotting Movies

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Boycotting Movies
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:26 am

TFLYTSNBN
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Just when I was about to go see Avengers, End Game, one of the idiot actors has to shoot his mouth off.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/06/05 ... de-parade/

Chris Evans is to stupid to understand that this isn't homophobic. It is merely a protest against the LBGQT community demonizing normal people to feel good about themselves.
Top
Re: Boycotting Movies
Post by noblehunter   » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:08 am

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:49 pm

Bold of you to boycott a movie to support a re-branded Nazi "protest."
Top
Re: Boycotting Movies
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:28 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2141
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Just when I was about to go see Avengers, End Game, one of the idiot actors has to shoot his mouth off.

Oh no, whatever will their nearly 3 billion dollar box office take do without your business?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/06/05/avengers-endgame-chris-evans-speaks-out-against-straight-pride-parade/

Chris Evans is to stupid to understand that this isn't homophobic. It is merely a protest against the LBGQT community demonizing normal people to feel good about themselves.


Yeah.... he has a clear understanding of what this is, and you're full of crap.
Top
Re: Boycotting Movies
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:31 am

TFLYTSNBN
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Just when I was about to go see Avengers, End Game, one of the idiot actors has to shoot his mouth off.

Oh no, whatever will their nearly 3 billion dollar box office take do without your business?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/06/05/avengers-endgame-chris-evans-speaks-out-against-straight-pride-parade/

Chris Evans is to stupid to understand that this isn't homophobic. It is merely a protest against the LBGQT community demonizing normal people to feel good about themselves.


Yeah.... he has a clear understanding of what this is, and you're full of crap.



What evidence is there that it is Nazi or even homophobic?
Top
Re: Boycotting Movies
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:42 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2141
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

TFLYTSNBN wrote:What evidence is there that it is Nazi or even homophobic?


noble said it was a "re-branded nazi protest", apparently because he has more historical awareness than you and knows that this is exactly the kind of shit nazis pulled.

As for evidence it's homophobic... IT'S A STRAIGHT PRIDE PARADE you clueless git. That's like asking for evidence a "White Power" parade is racist.

The reason "pride" parades exist for gay people is because they are a long term persecuted minority who had to fight through horrible bigotry just to be able to express any pride in themselves in public without being assaulted for it.

Straight people have been the dominant force in society for... ummm... FOREVER. They are in no way now or ever have been persecuted for their sexual identity and have no need for an event to express that it is ok to be proud of who they are. Straight Pride day is EVERY FUCKING DAY.

There is exactly ZERO reason to hold a "Straight Pride" parade except as a knee jerk bigoted reactionary lashing out at the fact that gay people are being allowed to take any pride in themselves and the organizers of this event hate that.
Top
Re: Boycotting Movies
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:59 pm

Dilandu
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Russia

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Chris Evans is to stupid to understand that this isn't homophobic. It is merely a protest against the LBGQT community demonizing normal people to feel good about themselves.


Basically your use of the therm "normal peoples" to describe heterosexual ones, perfectly demonstrate that Chris Evans was right.

And you are too stupid to understood that your own rhetoric completely destroyed yours arguments...
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Top
Re: Boycotting Movies
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:02 pm

Dilandu
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Russia

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
What evidence is there that it is Nazi or even homophobic?


Because non-homophobic heterosexual peoples do not need to have a pride parades. They never were ostracized or repressed because of their sexual orientation. They never have any need to fight for their rights because of their heterosexuality. All this is utterly pathetic attempt to hide hate propaganda under guise of "freedom of meetings".
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Top
Re: Boycotting Movies
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:13 pm

Dilandu
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Russia

Just recalled, that in 1930s the US own Nazi (yeah, there were a bit of them) in New York suddenly found themselves in big problems with mafia. Quite a lot of 1930s mobsters were of Jewish origin, and they didn't like at all when some bigoted clowns started to sprout antisemitic slogans.

After some pretty hard "lessons" from NY mobsters (no killing, but a lot of broken Nazi bones...), the horrified Nazi demanded police protection for their rallies. The NY major unexpectedly agreed - and provided "police protection", that, "incidentally", consisted only of black & Jewish policemen. :D

So, by the end of 1930s, the NY Nazi were completely disorganized, laughable bunch, that were too afraid to even meet each other. :) Effective results, huh?
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Top
Re: Boycotting Movies
Post by Imaginos1892   » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:10 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Dilandu wrote:Because non-homophobic heterosexual peoples do not need to have a pride parades.

We don’t NEED to have the same rights as the LGTBQ community? WTF, O? Where in the Constitution does it say we must prove a NEED to have rights?

So, it’s great to celebrate every sexual preference EXCEPT the one shared by about 95% of us? You want all of us to hide in shame because some assholes said mean things to the 5%? You're painting 300 million people guilty for the actions of a few thousand?

That is the leftist way — divide people up into groups based on their opinions on ONE subject, pretend that they all have identical opinions on every completely unrelated subject, and demonize some groups because a few individuals have said or done Bad Things.
———————————
The government can't take away the rights of only the people you hate.
Top
Re: Boycotting Movies
Post by noblehunter   » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:39 pm

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:49 pm

Imaginos1892 wrote:
Dilandu wrote:Because non-homophobic heterosexual peoples do not need to have a pride parades.

We don’t NEED to have the same rights as the LGTBQ community? WTF, O? Where in the Constitution does it say we must prove a NEED to have rights?


Where did Dilandu say anything about rights?
Top

Return to Politics