Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Weekend At Ruthies

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:09 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Ruthie just slipped on a bananna peel:

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/23/75369901 ... t-this-sum


...by completing cancer treatment and being found cancer free?

Grow up.
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:04 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Admiral

Posts: 2221
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Ruthie just slipped on a bananna peel:

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/23/75369901 ... t-this-sum


...by completing cancer treatment and being found cancer free?

Grow up.



Pancreatic cancer is extremly fatal.

http://pancreatic.org/pancreatic-cancer ... prognosis/

That fining of "cancer free" is wishful thinking and the doctors know it.
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:06 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
gcomeau wrote:
...by completing cancer treatment and being found cancer free?

Grow up.



Pancreatic cancer is extremly fatal.

http://pancreatic.org/pancreatic-cancer ... prognosis/

That fining of "cancer free" is wishful thinking and the doctors know it.


Yes, send that link to her doctors. I'm sure they have no idea how Pancreatic cancer works and desperately need educating from the guy who pronounced RBG was already dead months ago and it was being covered up by a government conspiracy.
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:55 am

TFLYTSNBN
Admiral

Posts: 2221
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

gcomeau wrote:


Yes, send that link to her doctors. I'm sure they have no idea how Pancreatic cancer works and desperately need educating from the guy who pronounced RBG was already dead months ago and it was being covered up by a government conspiracy.



It is not the doctors who need education on pancreatic cancer, it is the spokesman for the court, the journalists who report, and the gullible ignoramuses.

Here is a link:

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/pancreati ... erapy.html

Radiation therapy alone is NOT a cure. Radiation therapy is usually follow up or a precursor to surgery. Radiation therapy alone is almost always pallative care to relieve symptoms.


RBG is stubbornly clinging not just to life which I respect. RBG is stubbornly clinging to her position of judicial power on the US Supreme Court in an effort to deny Prsident Trump the oportunity to appoint her successor. RBG could have retired when Obama was POTUS but her feminist ego was determined that Hillary Clinton would appoint her successor. Hillary lost so now RBG is clinging to her position on the SCOTUS far beyond the time when she can perform her duties.

Just FYI, I am on the far, far side of the political fence from RBG. However; she has at times articulated positions that I absolutely agree with.

https://reason.com/2019/07/29/ruth-bade ... -bad-idea/

I don't hate her like I hate both Clintons or Obama whose politics are motivated as much by avarice or racialist hatred as ignorant idealism. However; I do object to RBG clinging to power when she should know that doing so is setting the stage for a massive, political confrontation that will be damaging to America.
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by Daryl   » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 3062
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

As an outsider I do find the notion of judges being appointed as per their political persuasion to be absurd. Any hint of that happening here would lead to political disruptions.
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by The E   » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:09 am

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2421
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

TFLYTSNBN wrote:However; I do object to RBG clinging to power when she should know that doing so is setting the stage for a massive, political confrontation that will be damaging to America.


There is some rather choice irony in you objecting to someone else clinging to power when every decision Trump has made is very much about making sure that old white people like you remain in power.
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:32 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Admiral

Posts: 2221
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by WeberFan   » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:17 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:12 am

The E wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:However; I do object to RBG clinging to power when she should know that doing so is setting the stage for a massive, political confrontation that will be damaging to America.


There is some rather choice irony in you objecting to someone else clinging to power when every decision Trump has made is very much about making sure that old white people like you remain in power.

I DO read posts on the Politics forum periodically, but certainly not regularly. I'm curious: On what evidentiary basis do you say "...every decision Trump has made is very much about making sure that old white people like you remain in power."? I see lots of decisions that lead me to conclude you're correct in your statement, but I also see lots of decisions that lead me to conclude that you're NOT correct... President Trump's executive orders dealing with immigration could be interpreted in the former category, but his leadership in prison/sentencing reform could be interpreted in the latter...
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:51 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

WeberFan wrote:
The E wrote:
There is some rather choice irony in you objecting to someone else clinging to power when every decision Trump has made is very much about making sure that old white people like you remain in power.

I DO read posts on the Politics forum periodically, but certainly not regularly. I'm curious: On what evidentiary basis do you say "...every decision Trump has made is very much about making sure that old white people like you remain in power."? I see lots of decisions that lead me to conclude you're correct in your statement, but I also see lots of decisions that lead me to conclude that you're NOT correct... President Trump's executive orders dealing with immigration could be interpreted in the former category, but his leadership in prison/sentencing reform could be interpreted in the latter...


Ummm, *what* leadership?

That was just an example of his other vice... a need to be liked and praised by famous people. In this case, Kim and Kanye. Other people did all the work crafting and pushing that bill Trump just got on board at the end because someone famous who actually says nice things about him asked him to... and before they did that he wasn't exactly cheerleading it.
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by smr   » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:44 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1521
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

167 judges and counting as the approved by the Senate! Remember, we have another SC judge to appoint when RBG retires or dies. I think I said Trump would be in office for 2 terms and appoint 5 SC judges.

Ummm, *what* leadership?

That was just an example of his other vice... a need to be liked and praised by famous people. In this case, Kim and Kanye. Other people did all the work crafting and pushing that bill Trump just got on board at the end because someone famous who actually says nice things about him asked him to... and before they did that he wasn't exactly cheerleading it.
Top

Return to Politics