Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Weekend At Ruthies

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Weekend At Ruthies
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:58 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Admiral

Posts: 2217
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

In case none of you got the memo, Justice Ginnsburg was a no show for oral arguments. This is the first time ever. So let the speculation begin with a modest proposal.


https://publicfigure.com/2019/04/14/the ... greatness/
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:09 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

TFLYTSNBN wrote:In case none of you got the memo, Justice Ginnsburg was a no show for oral arguments. This is the first time ever. So let the speculation begin with a modest proposal.


https://publicfigure.com/2019/04/14/the ... greatness/


How about we just call you a crackpot that already tried this nonsense once before then we all get on with our lives? I like that plan better.
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by smr   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:18 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1521
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

He's got a good point besides you like to smack the nice conservative Christians down hard. You just don't like it when Conservatives hit hit back with a loaded steel gauntlet!

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:In case none of you got the memo, Justice Ginnsburg was a no show for oral arguments. This is the first time ever. So let the speculation begin with a modest proposal.


https://publicfigure.com/2019/04/14/the ... greatness/


How about we just call you a crackpot that already tried this nonsense once before then we all get on with our lives? I like that plan better.
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by Daryl   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:39 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 3062
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

Smr, comments like "the nice conservative Christians" are funny as it is the season of the easter bunny, another mythological beast.
The second bit is that once again you prove the conservative fallacy of them being hard, tough and competent, while those from the dreaded left are weak and ineffectual.
Just plain wrong, superficial nastiness and rudeness with no compassion don't imply strength of character and competence, just that those displaying them are basically bad mannered.
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:04 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Admiral

Posts: 2217
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Here is the trailer for the movie.

https://youtu.be/YCTgcZ6ImsQ
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:12 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Admiral

Posts: 2217
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Reading about Ginnsburg's personal trainer reminds me of this classic comedy sketch.

Riding Miss Ruthie:

https://youtu.be/3nCvj5iuTr4
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by Joat42   » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Joat42
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1707
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:01 am
Location: Sweden

Fly, you don't have to try anymore - we already know that you are a misogynistic relic who can't stand women in power.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:12 am

isaac_newton
Commodore

Posts: 996
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:37 am
Location: Brighton, UK

[quote="smr"]He's got a good point besides you like to smack the nice conservative Christians down hard. You just don't like it when Conservatives hit hit back with a loaded steel gauntlet!

[SNIP]

smr - especially at this time of Easter [and indeed at other times] - that doesnt seem to tally with the gospel. Might I suggest a little reflection...
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:27 am

TFLYTSNBN
Admiral

Posts: 2217
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

isaac_newton wrote:
smr wrote:He's got a good point besides you like to smack the nice conservative Christians down hard. You just don't like it when Conservatives hit hit back with a loaded steel gauntlet!

[SNIP]

smr - especially at this time of Easter [and indeed at other times] - that doesnt seem to tally with the gospel. Might I suggest a little reflection...



It is amusing to see that I am not the only one mucking up the quote structure.

I know that I can seem unChristian at times but politics is an arena where the gloves have to come off.

Obviously, I want President Trump to have the opportunity to nominate Ginnsburg's successor because a SCOTUS judge has such enormous influence on public policy. I would be wishing her a long and happy retirment if she retired. Ginnsburg knows damn well that she is struggling to go on because of hubris. She was determined that her successor would be appointed by the first woman President, then Hillary lost.
Top
Re: Weekend At Ruthies
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:05 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Admiral

Posts: 2217
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Ruthie just slipped on a bananna peel:

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/23/75369901 ... t-this-sum
Top

Return to Politics