Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Knives, Knives, Knives

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:22 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1695
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Annachie wrote:And we see Fly making yet another post extoling the virtues of a gun ban, while mistakingly believing he has anti gun control point.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk



You are sufferring from self imposed ignorance motivated by malice.
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:23 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1695
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

https://news.yahoo.com/man-20s-stabbed- ... 09453.html


Let me give PM May a hint.

It isn't the knives, stupid.
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by Annachie   » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:02 pm

Annachie
Admiral

Posts: 2710
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:36 pm

TFLYTSNBN wrote:https://news.yahoo.com/man-20s-stabbed-death-london-hours-theresa-mays-knife-crime-summit-075309453.html


Let me give PM May a hint.

It isn't the knives, stupid.
You're right.

It isn't.

It would also be a shit tonne worse if the UK had the same access to guns as the USA.


Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:00 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1695
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Annachie wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:https://news.yahoo.com/man-20s-stabbed-death-london-hours-theresa-mays-knife-crime-summit-075309453.html


Let me give PM May a hint.

It isn't the knives, stupid.
You're right.

It isn't.

It would also be a shit tonne worse if the UK had the same access to guns as the USA.


I just perused the FBI crime stats for 2,0000 which is the most recent years that I have printed copies of. Data quality of the online version is lower.

The lethality rate for assaults with firearms is 7 %.

The lethality rate for assaults with knives is 1.4%.

This comparison is somewhat questionable because many of both types are not reported.



Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk



Well crap, I screwed up the quote structure.

Just for a little more information here is an article on a study of actual fatality rates from stab wounds verses gun shot wounds.

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news- ... ar-for-gun

The fatality rates from actual wounds are nearly equal.

Gun can inflict wound at a considerable distance, but most people can not fire a handgun accurately enough to reliably hit a human beyond effective knife fighting range. Then again, people such as myself are potentially lethal with a rifle from well byond a mile. The FBI usually reports fewer than half a dozen fatalities from "sniper attack" each year and most of them are committed with handguns.

Another interesting bit of information is this:

https://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/1993/1 ... ives-00000

The fatality rate from gunshot wounds varies with the type of firearm. Shotguns are by far the most lethal which is to be expected because of either extremely large projectile caliber (.729 inches for 12 gauge) or multiple projectiles. Interestingly, wounds from handguns are more lethal than wounds from rifles. This makes sense because most handguns are larger caliber than most rifles and wound chanel volume correllates very closely with fatality rates.
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:30 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1695
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Just to proverbially "twist the knife," here is another London knifing:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8778235/s ... ife-crime/
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:58 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2354
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Just to proverbially "twist the knife," here is another London knifing:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8778235/s ... ife-crime/


If by "twist the knife" you mean "in the heart of your own credibility by insisting on displaying that you cannot comprehend how your argument is meaningless so you just keep making it..."
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:16 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1695
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Just to proverbially "twist the knife," here is another London knifing:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8778235/s ... ife-crime/


If by "twist the knife" you mean "in the heart of your own credibility by insisting on displaying that you cannot comprehend how your argument is meaningless so you just keep making it..."



My argument is quite meaningful. The fact that knife crime in London has become so alarming illustrates the point that when guns are unavailable, other weapons can and will be substituted for guns with lethal results.


Now popping pop corn.
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by Joat42   » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:21 pm

Joat42
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:01 am
Location: Sweden

TFLYTSNBN wrote:My argument is quite meaningful. The fact that knife crime in London has become so alarming illustrates the point that when guns are unavailable, other weapons can and will be substituted for guns with lethal results.

Now popping pop corn.

No, your argument isn't meaningful because anyone with a brain understands that if someone is out to harm people they will lay their hands on the most convenient weapon at hand that will do the job.

Perhaps it wouldn't be so alarming to an US citizen if it had been gun crime on the rise instead.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:18 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2354
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
gcomeau wrote:If by "twist the knife" you mean "in the heart of your own credibility by insisting on displaying that you cannot comprehend how your argument is meaningless so you just keep making it..."



My argument is quite meaningful. The fact that knife crime in London has become so alarming


"alarming" is an incredibly subjective term.

The threshold for levels of violence that "alarm" the population of the UK would be a particularly slow Tuesday in the US.

Which is EXACTLY THE POINT that debunks your argument but which you appear to be incapable of processing.
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:21 am

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1695
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

And yet another knife murder in London.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/03/man-stab ... d-9106636/

A suspect has been arrested.


This is big hint about why homicides are so much more prevalent in American cities, but you would have to peruse the FBI data either of persons arrested or the Supplementary Homicide Reports to understand what I am referring to. None of you dullards will do the research to understand.

Another hint:

CRIME CLEARANCE RATES!
Last edited by TFLYTSNBN on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top

Return to Politics