Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Knives, Knives, Knives

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by Joat42   » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:56 am

Joat42
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:01 am
Location: Sweden

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Inspite of the growing number of guns in the US, accidental gun deaths in the US have been plumeting for decades. Many more people are killed in auto accidents, drownings and falls. More young children are killed by toiletd and bathtubs in the home than guns in the home.

Because one of the reasons is that some states starting mandating locking devices for weapons. Funny that, it's almost like regulation of weapons actually work...

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:53 am

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1714
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Joat42 wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Inspite of the growing number of guns in the US, accidental gun deaths in the US have been plumeting for decades. Many more people are killed in auto accidents, drownings and falls. More young children are killed by toiletd and bathtubs in the home than guns in the home.

Because one of the reasons is that some states starting mandating locking devices for weapons. Funny that, it's almost like regulation of weapons actually work...



Except the faft that accidental gunshot death rates in the US have declined by 94% since 1903. This is a trend that began nearly a century before any of the states began mandating "safe storage" laws.

https://www.nraila.org/get-the-facts/gun-safety/

Interestingly, it was easy for me to Google up these historical statistics a decade or more ago. However; now that the Google has decided to take a political position on the issue, they pretend that data exists only for the last two decades.
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by edgeworthy   » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:00 pm

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:34 pm

That Americans are notorious for failing to understand the opinions of others and are over-sensitive to criticism is hardly a new concept ...

"One can scarcely let a sentence that is not highly flattering glance across the Atlantic without some American blowing up." H.G. Wells
(Published in the New York Times of 16 October 1927)
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:15 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1714
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

edgeworthy wrote:That Americans are notorious for failing to understand the opinions of others and are over-sensitive to criticism is hardly a new concept ...

"One can scarcely let a sentence that is not highly flattering glance across the Atlantic without some American blowing up." H.G. Wells
(Published in the New York Times of 16 October 1927)



May be Americans are fed up with having foreigners, especially Europeans but also Canadians and Australians express opinions on issues that are none of their fucking business?

Of course Australians have a legitimate reason to comment on the trigger happy police officer who shot Justine Damond. The Somali immigrant who shot her was a fucktard but his partner was almost as fucktards.

Let's face it, a real man would have been to fixated on her breasts and her nipples showing through her pajamas to feel threatened.
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:26 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1714
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Here is yet another interesting event!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9347773/b ... er-london/

The surge in assaults and murders in Great Britain reminds me of the surge in murders in the US back in 1960 to 1970. The percentage of murders committed with guns was actually going down but they still blamed everything on guns. This avoided having to discuss why the chances of literally getting away with murder had quadrupled.

May be the British should stop fixating on the knives and concentrate on the crimes before they are up shit creek without a paddle?
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by edgeworthy   » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:36 pm

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:34 pm

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Here is yet another interesting event!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9347773/b ... er-london/

The surge in assaults and murders in Great Britain reminds me of the surge in murders in the US back in 1960 to 1970. The percentage of murders committed with guns was actually going down but they still blamed everything on guns. This avoided having to discuss why the chances of literally getting away with murder had quadrupled.

May be the British should stop fixating on the knives and concentrate on the crimes before they are up shit creek without a paddle?

Still a lower Murder Rate than the US!
58 Murders in a City of 10 Million people in 6 and 3/4 months is a fraction of the US Murder rate, and its actually slightly lower than last year. London isn't even on the list of Top 50 Cities with the highest murder rate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... urder_rate
Whereas there are 4 US Cities on the list.

There are also more than 50 US Cities with a higher murder rate, its 43 times higher in St Louis, and 11 times higher in Washington DC.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/16/murder-g ... s-9971033/

(And quoting "The Sun" as a source. As a publication it is essentially stupidity personified!)
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:02 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1263
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

edgeworthy wrote:Still a lower Murder Rate than the US!

That depends upon whether both countries are measuring by the same criteria. Do the British still report a death as a murder only after a suspect has been convicted?

Here in the U.S. a murder is reported as soon as there is a body and clear signs of foul play. Sometimes, even when the body has not been found… "Hey, a witness heard screams and we found three quarts of blood in the alley, we're calling it a murder."
———————————
You have no rights which would require other people to labor on your behalf. That would be slavery.
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:20 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1714
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Imaginos1892 wrote:
edgeworthy wrote:Still a lower Murder Rate than the US!

That depends upon whether both countries are measuring by the same criteria. Do the British still report a death as a murder only after a suspect has been convicted?

Here in the U.S. a murder is reported as soon as there is a body and clear signs of foul play. Sometimes, even when the body has not been found… "Hey, a witness heard screams and we found three quarts of blood in the alley, we're calling it a murder."
———————————
You have no rights which would require other people to labor on your behalf. That would be slavery.



Absolutely!

The British continue to not count s violent death as a murder unless it is adjudicated as a murder by an arrest, prosecution and conviction. Using this criteria, the murder rate in the US is only about 1.5 per 100,000. Hallelujah, the US just reduced its homicide rate by nearly 70% simply by adopting Great Britain's criteria. Of course the British do not want to acknowledge that their arrest rates and conviction rates are going down.

This is an interesting analysis.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... gmarch2018

Here is some insightful data for you to ponder.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... fqT99yIjZb

Why is the homicide rate for young children (11 and under) so much higher in the US than Great Britain when the vast majority of people who murder ypung children do NOT use guns?


Using British criteria for counting criminal homicides, Chicago had only about 50 homicides in 2018 rather than 590.
Problem solved.
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by edgeworthy   » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:32 pm

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Wrong again TFLYTSNBN as your own source clearly says ...
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... gmarch2018
The Homicide rate is calculated by all deaths consider to be violent and suspicious by the Police, not the downward revisions you seem to think apply. The British Murder rate for 2018 was measured using the figure of 730 murders recorded regardless of whether there was actually, an arrest, prosecution or conviction; its still a homicide even if no one actually gets caught, or the offence is later judged to be Manslaughter.
"When the police initially record an offence as a homicide it remains classified as such unless the police or courts decide that a lesser offence, or no offence, took place. The offence would be reclassified on the Homicide Index as “no longer recorded” but may remain in the main police recorded crime collection as a homicide."

The 2018 figure being reduced to 726 on the conclusion that 4 instances were not actually homicides.
Are you somehow getting confused by how the Office of National Statistics is defining a suspect?
(Which is not the same thing, see section 10 which records the differences between cases where there was a suspect and where one was not. In 207 cases no suspect was charged, in 523 cases a suspect(s)was charged, this is NOT the total number of initially recorded homicides, 730, used to calculate the 12 per 1,000,000)

As the ONS report cautions care should be taken in analysing the figures for statistical anomalies. For example the 2003 figure rose sharply due to the inclusion of the 173 victims of a serial killer not being officially recorded until that year, likewise the 2017 figure was increased by 89 deaths that in-fact occurred in 1989.
The 1.2 per 100,000 figure is accurate for ALL the Homicides that occurred in 2018. Not just those that were solved, or had a suspect, arrest, prosecution or conviction. The ONS source clearly says this, did you read it?

There is even a caveat that a Homicide does not require violence to be considered as such, for example the inclusion of 58 migrants who suffocated in the back of a lorry in the official homicide rate, or 20 people who drowned in a flood due to criminal negligence.
(Does this not suggest a broader definition?)

Using British criteria for counting criminal homicides, Chicago had only about 50 homicides in 2018 rather than 590.
Problem solved.

Seriously the Police in Chicago only manage to solve 8% of homicides, compared to the British rate of 72%!
(No Law Enforcement agency can be that bad?)

Edit: Just to be clear again, the 730 (719 with 10 later excluded, for 2017) Homicides figure is that recorded by the British Police, and reported by such in the official government archives. In 2017 the FBI listed 17,284 Homicides ... this is a comparison of crimes considered to be murders listed by the respective Law Enforcement Agencies!
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... ges/murder
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... gmarch2017
Last edited by edgeworthy on Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
Top
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by Daryl   » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:37 am

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2915
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

I did realise that you were deliberately trolling, but have decided to respond.
A decent and widely loved woman was shot by US police and died. Here family and friends have to cope with that loss and life time grief, yet you discuss how she would have looked in her pajamas? I know what you were seeking to do, but the fact that your mind even ventured there is not something to be proud of.
This case does however prove that US gun insanity is Australian's business. If you lot were as all other developed countries the Australian lady would still be alive.


TFLYTSNBN wrote:
edgeworthy wrote:That Americans are notorious for failing to understand the opinions of others and are over-sensitive to criticism is hardly a new concept ...

"One can scarcely let a sentence that is not highly flattering glance across the Atlantic without some American blowing up." H.G. Wells
(Published in the New York Times of 16 October 1927)



May be Americans are fed up with having foreigners, especially Europeans but also Canadians and Australians express opinions on issues that are none of their fucking business?

Of course Australians have a legitimate reason to comment on the trigger happy police officer who shot Justine Damond. The Somali immigrant who shot her was a fucktard but his partner was almost as fucktards.

Let's face it, a real man would have been to fixated on her breasts and her nipples showing through her pajamas to feel threatened.
Top

Return to Politics