Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Knives, Knives, Knives

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:54 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Michael Everett wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:The vast majority of NYC homicides were never solved. London police are still solving more murders than NYC police, but their clearance rate is dropping.

Given that the murder rate in London is significantly less than in NYC, the fact that the UK cops solve a higher actual number is a damning indictment on the ability of the NYC cops.

Or a damning indictment on US gun culture.

...or both...

I agree that the statistics on NYC's abysmally low clearance rates are a damning indictment of NYC police. I can recognize which law enforcement officers are screwing up because they are the cops screaming for more gun control. Their only cogent defense is that the communities where most homicides occur are so hostile towards police that they refuse to cooperate with investigations. These cops demonize guns rather than confront the real issues.

Actually; the homicide statistics for US cities such as NYC, Washington DC and Chicago refute the gun control paradigm. These cities have gun control regimes that are almost as draconian as Great Britains, yet they have homicide rates far, far higher than American jurisdictions that have far less restrictive gun control laws. These gun controlled cities also have a far greater proportion of homicides committed with guns than jurisdictions with less restrictive gun control laws.

One recent discovery that surprised me is that Mexico not only has a homicide rate far higher than the US, the vast majority of Mexican homicides are NOT committed with guns. It is the people and the police who are at fault,not guns smuggled in from the U.S..
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:39 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Michael Everett wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Rather than meddle in US gun politics, why not just stay on your own continent?

...this.
This comment.
This is indeed a killer comment, Tfly.

It just killed the last traces of respect I had for you.
Well played, fly.
Well played.
Your hypocrisy is outstanding, given how much you've been ranting on about the death toll in the UK which is not on the same continent that you are.
So... rather than meddle in UK knife politics, why not just stay on your own continent?
:twisted:

I confess that my suggestion that Daryl stay on his own continent was rude. I might have even made the same suggestion to you, except you don't have a continent.

More importantly, it is unreasonable for me to suggest that you folks should not travel the world outside of the USA.

Here is a map of world homicide rates.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/here-ar ... ld-2014-11

My I offer you an expense paid tour of South Africa, Brazil, Mexico, Columbia and Venezuela.
Post by Daryl   » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:44 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Fly, there are many things that intrigue me about the USA, and from what I have seen on the internet and movies there is some spectacular scenery. I do travel a lot, and I'd like to visit, but there is one show stopper.
My wife and I fight all the time (two alphas) but are still quite close after 45 years, and we do all our travel together. She refuses point blank to go to the USA, so I will continue seeing many other places instead. Her objections include gun culture, religious fervour, death penalty, medical (our travel insurance is much higher for the US than virtually anywhere else), and general brashness in your culture.
I'd still go if I was single, as I can see much good as well, but alas. So you won't be inflicted by my presence.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:26 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Daryl wrote:Fly, there are many things that intrigue me about the USA, and from what I have seen on the internet and movies there is some spectacular scenery. I do travel a lot, and I'd like to visit, but there is one show stopper.
My wife and I fight all the time (two alphas) but are still quite close after 45 years, and we do all our travel together. She refuses point blank to go to the USA, so I will continue seeing many other places instead. Her objections include gun culture, religious fervour, death penalty, medical (our travel insurance is much higher for the US than virtually anywhere else), and general brashness in your culture.
I'd still go if I was single, as I can see much good as well, but alas. So you won't be inflicted by my presence.

That is the profound difference in attitude between Americans vs Europeans and Anglo colonies. Americans recognize that other countries are different and make different decisions. More importantly, now that America no longer attempts to rule the banana republics South of our border, the Cold War is over, and energy independance has liberated Americs from its former obsession with the Middle East, we really do not care about the internal policies of other country's except when it impacts our national security.

Your wife certainly exhibits the anti-American bigotry that I find so offensive on this forum.

Just to challenge her prejudices, I present this:

http://www.gunfacts.info/gun-control-my ... countries/
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:17 am

TFLYTSNBN

Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:19 am

TFLYTSNBN

Here is some discussion by people who actually know something about guns as well as knives.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/perso ... the-blade/
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:24 am

TFLYTSNBN

Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:43 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

...Tfly, triple posting?
Really?
The only triple posting I approve of was by our own Celery Runner who was returning a joke about his posting length.
You may wish to consolidate your posts in the future.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:03 am

TFLYTSNBN

Daryl wrote:Fly, there are many things that intrigue me about the USA, and from what I have seen on the internet and movies there is some spectacular scenery. I do travel a lot, and I'd like to visit, but there is one show stopper.

Just to stimulate critical thinking and introspection, ask your wife if her dislike of the American gun culture means that she dislikes the African-American culture and the Hispanic-American culture. African-Americans are only 1/8 of the US population but they commit almost 2/3s of the gun homicides. Hispanic-Americans are about 1/10 of the US population yet they commit about 1/4 of gun homicides in America.

Anglo-Americans commit homicide at about the same rate as Australians even though most enjoy relatively easy access to firearms. Asian-Americans have the same access to firearms yet their homicide rate is much lower than AAustralians. Don't presume that Asian-Americans eschew guns. There is a very famous video of two Korean-American shop keepers standing back to back, armed with high capacity semiautomatic pistols to defend their stores during the Rodney King riots. They had to defend themselves because LAPD Police Chief Daryl Gates had declared open season on them.

https://youtu.be/Py4AMYebHGI
Post by Daryl   » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:39 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I will apologise for offending you Fly, but have to point out that it was an effective example of jerking the chain.
I've noticed in these forums that you enjoy outraging people and being offensive as a discussion gambit. Don't fall into the trap of believing that those more to the left are weak and ineffectual, we can be just as big a shits as those on the right, but usually try to be polite.
I have met many US citizens whom I like and respect, but freely admit that, before retiring those whom I mainly met and negotiated with were usually the executive VPs of major US gun runners like Boe**g or Sik***ky. My impression of them is that to get to that rank they had to provide evidence of having eaten their first born. I'd come home and unload on the wife, so she got her prejudices from me, plus probably from watching Trump on TV.

Return to Politics