Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Political Cartoons You wish to share

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Political Cartoons You wish to share
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:18 am

gcomeau
Admiral

pokermind wrote:gcomeau what have you been smoking? Obama is the gun control nut from hell, wake up and smell his political bullshit!

Poker

And he has proposed banning people from being allowed to own guns... when?
Post by Annachie   » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:31 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Much of that list is wrong anyway. Ghandi said he would never fire a rifle, Hitler relaxed gun laws (except for Jews, but he forbid them lots of things), Stalin had little to nothing to do with gun control laws in Russia which actually prefate him comming to power. King George violated his own laws in trying to ban guns in America, Obama has a huge empty warehousr for all the guns he has taken away from Americans. Your founding fathers wanted an armec populace because they didn't want a standing army. They thought an armed militia would be enough (Like ancient Greece and Rome). I forget who else is in the photo.
But my main problem. It wasn't a cartoon as it wasn't funny :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:00 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:Much of that list is wrong anyway. Ghandi said he would never fire a rifle, Hitler relaxed gun laws (except for Jews, but he forbid them lots of things), Stalin had little to nothing to do with gun control laws in Russia which actually prefate him comming to power. King George violated his own laws in trying to ban guns in America, Obama has a huge empty warehousr for all the guns he has taken away from Americans. Your founding fathers wanted an armec populace because they didn't want a standing army. They thought an armed militia would be enough (Like ancient Greece and Rome). I forget who else is in the photo.
But my main problem. It wasn't a cartoon as it wasn't funny :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I was going to bring up a lot of that. MLK also is ridiculously placed on the top list based on once applying, under pressure from his family, for a gun permit before changing his mind about it... and a made-up story that the right absolutely loves to repeat at every opportunity that he surrounded himself with armed guards when in reality he insisted his guards NOT carry guns. From King's own writings:

MLK wrote:After the bombings, many of the officers of my church and other trusted friends urged me to hire a bodyguard and armed watchmen for my house. When my father came to town, he concurred with both of these suggestions. I tried to tell them that I had no fears now and consequently needed no weapons for protection. This they would not hear. They insisted that I protect the house and family, even if I didn't want to protect myself. In order to satisfy the wishes of these close friends and associates, I decided to consider the question of an armed guard. I went down to the sheriff's office and applied for a license to carry a gun in the car; but this was refused.

Meanwhile I reconsidered. How could I serve as one of the leaders of a nonviolent movement and at the same time use weapons of violence for my personal protection? Coretta and I talked the matter over for several days and finally agreed that arms were no solution. We decided then to get rid of the one weapon we owned. We tried to satisfy our friends by having floodlights mounted around the house, and hiring unarmed watchmen around the clock. I also promised that I would not travel around the city alone.

I was much more afraid in Montgomery when I had a gun in my house. When I decided that I couldn't keep a gun, I came face-to-face with the question of death and I dealt with it. From that point on, I no longer needed a gun nor have I been afraid. Had we become distracted by the question of my safety we would have lost the moral offensive and sunk to the level of our oppressors."

So he spent his career preaching non violence, he repudiated the concept of gun ownership for self protection. but gets put on the "wants you to own guns" list.

But, I figured just focusing on one might at least allow enough focus that I might get an admission of error.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:10 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Not hugely funny but the kitty is cute ☺
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Taras_Potatos   » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:15 pm

Taras_Potatos
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Post by pokermind   » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:16 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

A funny sure to upset both the religious and non religious:

Those wishing to fly the Confederate Battle flag, y'all should know the Rebel Yell demonstrated here by real Confederate Veterans in the 1930s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6jSqt39vFM

Poker, Politically incorrect and liking it!
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by pokermind   » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:48 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Hmm, on Facebook:

Poker

Post by pokermind   » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:25 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Another Good one from Will Rodgers the cowboy comedian of the 1930s:

Poker

Post by pokermind   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:17 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Dr. Suss revised:

Poker

Post by pokermind   » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:52 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

One perhaps all sides can relate to:

Poker

Return to Politics