Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:52 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

For the resident conspiracy theorists... not that I expect actual research to slow them down...

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9
Post by SilverbladeTE   » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:47 pm

SilverbladeTE
Captain (Junior Grade)

Dilandu wrote:
The E wrote:Time for a roundup of stupid!

First up: The Trump admin tries to invest in a german biotech company working on a COVID-19 vaccine .... which would be good, but the Trump admin being what it is, they tried to secure exclusive rights to the vaccine for the US, so the offer was firmly rejected by the company's ownership.

...Idiot. The last thing Trump currently could allow himself to do is trying to make a profit on crisis. And he done exactly that. Idiot...

After listening/reading/viewing to some of his press conferences, and thus being exposed to comments of his supporters etc
I am pretty sure Trump could sell Jesus's pickled nuts a dozen bucks a pop (and he'd have a truck full of them despite them being issued by the manufacturer only in pairs for most men),
and yet his supporters would still vote for the shmuck!
they really are that partisan and stupid :/
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:44 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Dilandu wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:And certain people of Slavic ancestry were ridiculing me for starting this thread.

Considering that basically everything you said in this thread was laughably incorrect, it is hard to not ridicule you, you know.

Actually, I have been more accurate sooner than any of you foreigners. I viewed the early news as an opportunity to begin an interesting thread with the expectation that the China virus would not escalate into an global crisis. Now it has. Now the infection is pandemic. It will abate this summer in the Northern hemisphere but Australia is screwed. If we don't have a vaccine by next Fall, the number of confirmed infections will be numbered in the tens of millions rather than the tens of thousands.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:49 pm

TFLYTSNBN

isaac_newton wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:
People of European ancestry are most likely to be vulnerable.
People of New World ancestry are least vulnerable.

forgive me, but I seem to recall that most of the population in the states comes from Europe.

maybe I was wrong - maybe you all magically floated down from heaven with perfect genes and a perfect immune system?

Hey fucktards. Most Americans are hybrids. I have native American ancestry from at least two of my four grandparents and probably a third. Even African-Americans have a high percentage of native American ancestry. Ethnic Europeans generally don't have any native American ancestry. You're are FUBARed.
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:05 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Hey fucktards. Most Americans are hybrids. I have native American ancestry from at least two of my four grandparents and probably a third. Even African-Americans have a high percentage of native American ancestry. Ethnic Europeans generally don't have any native American ancestry. You're are FUBARed.

The average American have 10-15% of native American genes. The pattern, of course, is geographically-dependent; more in Southwest and California, less in Rocky Mountains area.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by The E   » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:16 pm

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Hey fucktards. Most Americans are hybrids. I have native American ancestry from at least two of my four grandparents and probably a third. Even African-Americans have a high percentage of native American ancestry. Ethnic Europeans generally don't have any native American ancestry. You're are FUBARed.

Oh hey, the patented TFLY mathematical acumen is at work again.
And in a repeat of a classic TFLY post, he once again is confused about deep and esoteric questions like "what is a majority".

There's at least one study that estimates that less than 1 percent of african americans, less than 0.2% of european americans and about 20% of hispanic americans have some amount of native american ancestry; If 0.8% of african americans is a "high" percentage, I kinda have to wonder what you would consider a low one.

That's assuming, of course, that there is anything to this bullshit. I would bet that there isn't; as with any infectious disease as broadly infectious as corona, it's the level of care and prevention that matters, not who your ancestors were.
Post by Joat42   » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:22 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Anyone else find it telling that TFLY went from using the name Corona virus to the China virus?

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:37 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:

sigh...
Post by n7axw   » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:54 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
n7axw wrote:Nah... we were floated in by the tooth fairy.. :D

Don
-

So... you where payment for the teeth the fairy collected? :D

Under my pillow. That's how I discovered myself here...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by n7axw   » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:59 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

isaac_newton wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:

sigh...

Sigh, sigh... Ya know, I've come to the conclusion that TFLY doesn't believe most of the stuff he, himself, posts. He's just trying to get a reaction...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Politics