Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by n7axw   » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:18 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Annachie wrote:Didn't the National Enquiror get caught burrying stories about Trump's misdeeds?

IIRC, it was the National Enquirer that published the nude photos of FLOTUS Trump. I studied the photos very carefully. I don't know what the scandal is. I think that Melania looks fantastic!

Melania does look fantastic. I know that without seeing the pictures. It was Stormy and goodness knows who else that got found buried. I only look at the Enquirer when I start wondering about the latest sighting of Big Foot...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by cthia   » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:59 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'm :lol: :lol: :lol: so hard I can't type this.

My crazy brother . . .

Everybody wants to know why everyone in America is armed to the teeth. The entire world is about to find out now.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:04 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Given the accusations that this virus is the product of a bioweapon lab, it will be very interesting to see if there is a variation in lethality rate for different ethnic groups. Given the geriatric condition of ethnic Europeans, such variation in lethality rate is inevitable. If the variation exceeds what should be expected from age structure, then the responses will be interesting.
Post by Daryl   » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:05 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Death rate is double for men than for women. Reported today that Blood Group A is the most susceptible,
With Blood Group O the safest.
The White Plague by Frank Herbert 1982 only killed female humans.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Given the accusations that this virus is the product of a bioweapon lab, it will be very interesting to see if there is a variation in lethality rate for different ethnic groups. Given the geriatric condition of ethnic Europeans, such variation in lethality rate is inevitable. If the variation exceeds what should be expected from age structure, then the responses will be interesting.
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:09 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The panic may exceed that caused by Orson Wells' infamous radio broadcast "The War of the Worlds."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:06 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

cthia wrote:The panic may exceed that caused by Orson Wells' infamous radio broadcast "The War of the Worlds."

1. May? It already has by orders of magnitude. Wells only freaked out a small population for a few hours.

2. In this case, it's appropriate.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:34 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Daryl wrote:Death rate is double for men than for women. Reported today that Blood Group A is the most susceptible,
With Blood Group O the safest.
The White Plague by Frank Herbert 1982 only killed female humans.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Given the accusations that this virus is the product of a bioweapon lab, it will be very interesting to see if there is a variation in lethality rate for different ethnic groups. Given the geriatric condition of ethnic Europeans, such variation in lethality rate is inevitable. If the variation exceeds what should be expected from age structure, then the responses will be interesting.

People of European ancestry are most likely to be vulnerable.
People of New World ancestry are least vulnerable.

https://www2.palomar.edu/anthro/vary/vary_3.htm

This is going to get really interesting.

And certain people of Slavic ancestry were ridiculing me for starting this thread.

Of course I am compelled to speculate that somewhere in Siberia there is a miles long trench grave where Putin is dumping the carcasses of anyone who is even suspected of having the Caronavirus.
Last edited by TFLYTSNBN on Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by n7axw   » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:36 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
cthia wrote:The panic may exceed that caused by Orson Wells' infamous radio broadcast "The War of the Worlds."

1. May? It already has by orders of magnitude. Wells only freaked out a small population for a few hours.

Things are shutting down around here. Schools. Churches. Some stores. Wal-Mart is flooded with people shopping for groceries. I Haven't been in a situation with more than a half dozen people for over a week.

The thing is, what is the future going to look like? I can visualize a spike now, or if all the isolation proves effective a wave now. But then when we relax, the numbers go up again and we get a new spike or wave towards fall and on it could go. We can't maintain this fire drill forever.

About the only bright spot I see on the horizon is that someone will come up with a vaccine probably within less than a year. But my, oh my, the economy will be in shambles by then, not only here, but all over the world.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by doug941   » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:52 pm

doug941
Commander

n7axw wrote:
gcomeau wrote:1. May? It already has by orders of magnitude. Wells only freaked out a small population for a few hours.

Things are shutting down around here. Schools. Churches. Some stores. Wal-Mart is flooded with people shopping for groceries. I Haven't been in a situation with more than a half dozen people for over a week.

The thing is, what is the future going to look like? I can visualize a spike now, or if all the isolation proves effective a wave now. But then when we relax, the numbers go up again and we get a new spike or wave towards fall and on it could go. We can't maintain this fire drill forever.

About the only bright spot I see on the horizon is that someone will come up with a vaccine probably within less than a year. But my, oh my, the economy will be in shambles by then, not only here, but all over the world.

Don

-

The biotech company Moderna began phase 1 human testing of a vaccine yesterday in Seattle, Washington. This vaccine was in part based on previous work done on SARS and MERS, which are also coronaviruses.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:08 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

doug941 wrote:
n7axw wrote:Things are shutting down around here. Schools. Churches. Some stores. Wal-Mart is flooded with people shopping for groceries. I Haven't been in a situation with more than a half dozen people for over a week.

Don

-

The biotech company Moderna began phase 1 human testing of a vaccine yesterday in Seattle, Washington. This vaccine was in part based on previous work done on SARS and MERS, which are also coronaviruses.

Which means they *might* have something mass produceable and deployable in a year... maybe...

Return to Politics