Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by Annachie   » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:43 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Didn't the National Enquiror get caught burrying stories about Trump's misdeeds?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:37 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Annachie wrote:Didn't the National Enquiror get caught burrying stories about Trump's misdeeds?

IIRC, it was the National Enquirer that published the nude photos of FLOTUS Trump. I studied the photos very carefully. I don't know what the scandal is. I think that Melania looks fantastic!
Post by doug941   » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:04 pm

doug941
Commander

Dilandu wrote:By the way, Cuba is sending medical help to Italy. 25 doctors and 10 tons of medical supplies - including large quantity of Interferon alfa-2b - are set to arrive soon, augmenting the Chinese medical help.

Where is our pocket dr. Goebbels who insisted that Cuban medicine did not even have the most basic materials, I wonder?...

The doctors, nurses, techs etc will be of use, the approx 10,000 kilograms of supplies? The technical term of "Publicity Stunt." At current infection levels, the Italians who are KNOWN to infected as of Mar 16 will get some 500 grams each of those supplies. 10,000 kilograms of supplies divided by 20,000 infected. Add in those yet to be discovered as infected and possibly those who may be treated prophylactically and you could easily drop from grams/person to milligrams/person.

And if you want to denigrate my posts, at least be honest about them. My post that first mentioned Cuban healthcare pointed out that the clinics and hospitals that serve tourists are NOT the same as those for Juan Q Sixpack. The facilities for foreigners and government types do have medicines and other supplies.
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:57 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Businesses that should fare well during the crisis are Online Dating sites. It's gone from safe sex to safe social activities.

1-800-SEX-YOU-SAFE

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:59 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Annachie wrote:Didn't the National Enquiror get caught burrying stories about Trump's misdeeds?

IIRC, it was the National Enquirer that published the nude photos of FLOTUS Trump. I studied the photos very carefully. I don't know what the scandal is. I think that Melania looks fantastic!

Ah, the famous "squirrel" counter arguement.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:37 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

FLY,

Since you done gone and gotten me boiling mad. I say let's give the idiot another four years, plus the back door. Since we won't throw him out the front.

I'm confident he will make sure we won't make that mistake again.

LOL

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Daryl   » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:29 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

We have our share of insanity and greed too.
The weird thing is that we have more than sufficient manufacturers of toilet paper, so they have all gone on to 24 hour operation triple shifts, supplying us and elsewhere.
I enjoyed reading about the entrepreneur in Tennessee who bought up 18,000 packs of hand sanitiser. Got delisted on EBay, had his address published, can't sell any and had armed death threats.
Most people everywhere are good and decent, but that 5% of not as good get all the press.

cthia wrote:A family in Australia bought 2,304 rolls of toilet paper. He says it was an ordering snafu, if you're buying it, 'cause he's selling it, if you later find out that you have to, you know... shit, but realize you can't because he's got you by the balls.

What's that about the greed of free market in America? :lol:
Post by Dilandu   » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:58 am

Dilandu
Admiral

TFY, if I recall correctly, the last your brainstorm was that pandemic would motivate buisness to leave China and return to USA?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/people-fle ... 1584354274

The reality exactly the opposite. As I predicted.

To put it simple - buisness is moving to where it could feels more stable and secure. And China demonstrated, that they could handle the worst. Trump may rant as much as he liked about "virus would be over by summer" - and he may even be right, actually - but buisness preferred regimes that do not wait until problem would resolve itself.

Its words against action. USA currently is all words, and China is all action.

Sorry, TFY, but I was right again.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by cthia   » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:06 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

isaac_newton wrote:On a lighter note...

Panic buying 'targets' differ from nation to nation

Brits go for toilet rolls
The Dutch queue for weed
Americans line up for guns and ammo

Of course, you need really, really tiny little bullets for COVID 19 :-)

Americans have enough guns and ammo. People will use their guns when they run out of the true necessities of life. Coffee, beer and cigarettes.

Post by Dilandu   » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:43 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Quite interesting article, how Chinese major buisness acted when pandemic started:

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/9_y6tdLJbpTshWbof2FCQA

They immediately donated money (on hundreds of millions scale), organized massive purchase of medical equipment & supplies, coordinated large-scale emergency supply efforts (providing food for quarantine facilities and medical oersonnel), supported farmers by guaranteeing the purchases & helping them to sell their products (i.e. they make sure that harvest would not be lost), and making sure that prices would not inflate.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)

Return to Politics