Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Gross corruption of the DOJ

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Gross corruption of the DOJ
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:54 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Bill Barr has so brazenly politically interfered in trying to lessen the sentence of Trump's buddy Roger Stone that all four DOJ prosecutors working the case just resigned from it in protest.

Nothing to see here... just the ongoing debasement of the rule of law in the United States.

Remember when Republicans thought it was the absolute height of outrageous corruption of the Justice Department when Bill Clinton and the Attorney General spoke at all, even in passing on an airport tarmac and not about the investigation, while the Hillary Clinton e-mail investigation was happening*?

I do.

(*It was a stupid thing to do, but it is nothing compared to this.)

EDIT: And we ALL know what this freaking means by this point, right?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/11/poli ... index.html

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he did not ask the Justice Department to change its sentencing recommendation for former campaign associate Roger Stone -- but that he had the "absolute right to" if he wanted

I mean, it's like he only has one playbook. Every time he did something he denies it but he claims there would be nothing wrong with it if he DID do it because he damn well knows he did it and there's a good chance the proof is leaking out... then when it comes out that he did it he says "SO WHAT that's perfectly fine"!!!!
Re: Gross corruption of the DOJ
Post by Joat42   » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:30 am

Joat42
Admiral

Lets see the excuses flow...

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by smr   » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:02 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Joat42 wrote:Lets see the excuses flow...

Joat42:

Proverbs 17:27

The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint,

and whoever has understanding is even-tempered.

Gcomeau:

Proverbs 17:28

Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent,

and discerning if they hold their tongues.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:42 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Couldn't even come up with one of the usual really bad excuses for this one huh?
Post by n7axw   » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:26 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

smr wrote:
Joat42 wrote:Lets see the excuses flow...

Joat42:

Gcomeau:

I remember memorizing that passage in confirmation... Any chance of getting Trump to do the same??

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by smr   » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:20 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Couldn't even come up with one of the usual really bad excuses for this one huh?

Is the Stone sentencing excessive? Yes

Is worth a discussion with Gcomeau? No

Joat42 wrote:
Lets see the excuses flow...

Joat42:

Gcomeau:

I remember memorizing that passage in confirmation... Any chance of getting Trump to do the same??

Don

Not a chance! That would be like trying to stop him tweeting and that is not going to happen. LOL!
Post by n7axw   » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:46 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

What the judge actually did probably wasn't excessive. But the current DOJ guidelines probably were.

Another thought: how would an ordinary person have fared given what Stone was convicted of? Often, white collar crime seems to be treated pretty lightly.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:53 am

TFLYTSNBN

I know to much about US Attorneys who were holdover from the Obama administration to believe that these prosecutors were not resigning because they were corrupt. A prime example is former US Attorney for the State of Oregon Amanda Marshall. She invoked the Clintonion defense that her relationship with Assistant US Attorney for the State of Oregon Scott Kerin wasn't adultery because she was just performing oral sex on him.

Bill didn't inhale.
Amanda like Monica didn't swallow.

Ms Marshall's cuckolded husband, Judge Ladd Wiles, was prejudiced against me at the eviction hearing because he thought that I resemble the evil bastard who impregnated his wife.

It wasn't me. Honest. I didn't even inseminate her.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:00 pm

TFLYTSNBN

n7axw wrote:What the judge actually did probably wasn't excessive. But the current DOJ guidelines probably were.

Another thought: how would an ordinary person have fared given what Stone was convicted of? Often, white collar crime seems to be treated pretty lightly.

Don

-

Here are some examples.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... em-n941936

The sentence is excessive.
Post by n7axw   » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:16 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:I know to much about US Attorneys who were holdover from the Obama administration to believe that these prosecutors were not resigning because they were corrupt. A prime example is former US Attorney for the State of Oregon Amanda Marshall. She invoked the Clintonion defense that her relationship with Assistant US Attorney for the State of Oregon Scott Kerin wasn't adultery because she was just performing oral sex on him.

Bill didn't inhale.
Amanda like Monica didn't swallow.

Ms Marshall's cuckolded husband, Judge Ladd Wiles, was prejudiced against me at the eviction hearing because he thought that I resemble the evil bastard who impregnated his wife.

It wasn't me. Honest. I didn't even inseminate her.

As long as you are willing to apply those standards across the political spectrum, I have no quarrel with what you are saying. I have no desire to defend wrong doing done by anyone.

Don

-

Return to Politics