Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:11 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1603
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

PeterZ wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Your verbiage is rather crude and insulting to the US, but you do have a valid point.
Dilandu wrote:
Please forgive me. :( It's just gcomeau really gets on my nerves.
TFLYTSNBN wrote:

I would remind you that we still do not know what planet Gcomeau comes from. However; he has revealed that his home world is flat.

He is Canadian.


No.

He is an alien who is just claiming to be from Canada rather than France.

I bet he even looks like Dan Akroyd except he has a cone shaped head.
Top
Re: Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:16 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 6306
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:11 pm
Location: Colorado

PeterZ wrote:You should be. Between the American progressive left's antisemitism streak and the growing isolationist tendencies on the right, more American pols are looking to withdraw our military back home. I doubt Trump will hang Isreal out to dry. Fauxcahantas or Bernie just might. There are other nations President Trump will hang out to dry, given a chance.
Eyal wrote:
Leaving aside whether your characterization of Warren's or Sanders' approach to Israel is correct, bluntly, we can deal with a hostile President much more easily than one who might turn on us suddenly and for no apparent reason.

I don't believe the situations parallel. The Syrian Kurdish groups the US has dealt with are terrorists who want to establish a Kurdish state. They allied with the US to defeat a mutual enemy. The President has constituencies that are deeply committed to Israel. Please bear in mind I am speaking about Christians here. The one thing the President has not showed any inclination to do is to betray his supporters. Those supporters return his loyalty.

Israel falls nicely in that space where many of Trump's personal friends are Israel supporters as well as a big chunk of his electoral support. Politically, I believe he is trying to pry some of the American Jewish vote away from the Dems. He has made inroads on the Dems African and Latin Americans voting blocks.

On the other hand the Dems are courting the more radical Muslim vote as well as attempting to increase immigration by advantaging those groups who will need their help; illegals. The combination of increasing the population of those cities they control and with it Congressional representation with the hope of having the children of illegals born in the US vote for them. Jews and Israel are far less important to the leadership than catering to their target demographic. Just look at what they excuse Ilhan Omar saying about Jews and Israel.
Top
Re: Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:20 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 6306
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:11 pm
Location: Colorado

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Your verbiage is rather crude and insulting to the US, but you do have a valid point.
Dilandu wrote:
Please forgive me. :( It's just gcomeau really gets on my nerves.
TFLYTSNBN wrote:

I would remind you that we still do not know what planet Gcomeau comes from. However; he has revealed that his home world is flat.
PeterZ wrote:He is Canadian.
TFLYTSNBN wrote:
No.

He is an alien who is just claiming to be from Canada rather than France.

I bet he even looks like Dan Akroyd except he has a cone shaped head.

Is that a colorful way of saying he is a pointy headed liberal? I would argue that Alan Dershowitz is a liberal, whose opinion is worth listening to. The Canadian is a pure power politics progressive. Big difference.
Top
Re: Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:04 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1603
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

And here we have Trump's most urgent motivation to acquiese to Turkey.

https://news.yahoo.com/erdogan-threaten ... 16181.html
Top
Re: Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:16 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 6306
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:11 pm
Location: Colorado

TFLYTSNBN wrote:And here we have Trump's most urgent motivation to acquiese to Turkey.

https://news.yahoo.com/erdogan-threaten ... 16181.html

I am sort of hoping Trump stands aside as Erdogan floods Europe with more refugees. I suspect there is a sizable part of Trump that wants Europe to deal with that inflow of refugees. Sort of what the US has had to deal with from our southern border.

I doubt it will get that far as Europe caves to this threat and supports Erodgan's desire for a safety zone on his border.
Top
Re: Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:17 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1603
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

PeterZ wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:And here we have Trump's most urgent motivation to acquiese to Turkey.

https://news.yahoo.com/erdogan-threaten ... 16181.html

I am sort of hoping Trump stands aside as Erdogan floods Europe with more refugees. I suspect there is a sizable part of Trump that wants Europe to deal with that inflow of refugees. Sort of what the US has had to deal with from our southern border.

I doubt it will get that far as Europe caves to this threat and supports Erodgan's desire for a safety zone on his border.



Imagine France's four ballistic missile subs being under control of a Jihadist government.

Imagine Germany under a Jihadist government building nukes and nuclear subs.

It is a super shitty scenario.
Top
Re: Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:16 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:54 am
Location: Bristol, England

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Imagine France's four ballistic missile subs being under control of a Jihadist government.

Imagine Germany under a Jihadist government building nukes and nuclear subs.

It is a super shitty scenario.

And the reason that Jihadist governments are limited is that they are so mono-focused on their way being the one and only way of doing things that they cannot cope with things not going how they anticipated.
Case in point, Bin Laden expected that 9/11 would cause America to collapse because he lived in a culture where threats of violence produced obedience. America's actual culture is more of a smorgasboard and thus very, very difficult to predict, so it's no wonder he got it wrong.

in addition, jihadist governments clamp down HARD on those who are intellectuals and not following their orders like sheep. Unfortunately, this tends to spread to include engineers (who have to deal with what is, not what theoretically should be) and doctors (who are fully aware of how Allah's Perfect People can malfunction on a physical level).

I'm not saying that they can't do a lot of damage, but they rely on outside tech as they generally cannot create enough of their own to be a true threat.
If they get their hands on a nuke, chances are it'll fail as nukes do need a lot of care and attention rather than the "it is as Allah wills" mentality which unfortunately permetes many societies ruled by Islamic theocracies.
There are reasons why no theocratic Islamic country has managed to field a proper Carrier...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
Animal Crossing Dreams at 6E00-00F5-2891
Top
Re: Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:19 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1603
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Michael Everett wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Imagine France's four ballistic missile subs being under control of a Jihadist government.

Imagine Germany under a Jihadist government building nukes and nuclear subs.

It is a super shitty scenario.

And the reason that Jihadist governments are limited is that they are so mono-focused on their way being the one and only way of doing things that they cannot cope with things not going how they anticipated.
Case in point, Bin Laden expected that 9/11 would cause America to collapse because he lived in a culture where threats of violence produced obedience. America's actual culture is more of a smorgasboard and thus very, very difficult to predict, so it's no wonder he got it wrong.

in addition, jihadist governments clamp down HARD on those who are intellectuals and not following their orders like sheep. Unfortunately, this tends to spread to include engineers (who have to deal with what is, not what theoretically should be) and doctors (who are fully aware of how Allah's Perfect People can malfunction on a physical level).

I'm not saying that they can't do a lot of damage, but they rely on outside tech as they generally cannot create enough of their own to be a true threat.
If they get their hands on a nuke, chances are it'll fail as nukes do need a lot of care and attention rather than the "it is as Allah wills" mentality which unfortunately permetes many societies ruled by Islamic theocracies.
There are reasons why no theocratic Islamic country has managed to field a proper Carrier...


All good points.

I would point out that at the peak of the Caliphate's power, a majority of the populations were Christians and Jews who were subjected to Dhiminitude. They were taxed and their women were abused, but they were allowed to survive so that they could provide the economic resources that were needed. This was so well understood that it became illegal to convert Christians and Jews.

The old Caliphate collapsed because the population became almost exclusively Muslim as Jews and Christians were killed, converted, expelled or emigrated.

Allow enough Muslim "refugees" to continue inundating Europe, and they will seize political control. They do not even need to become a majority. The refugees are overwhelmingly males of military age compared to the native populations that are aging past middle age. Men who remain formidable in middle age are a minority. (I was once waiting to pick up my teen aged daughter from track practice. One of her male friends saw me waiting for her by the car she usually drove to school. He asked her if I was her father. When she confirmed it, he suggested that I look like ban axe murderer which he thought was cool.) The refugees do not even need to even outnumber the native European males of military age. The immigrants are united and radicalized by their religion and culture while the native Europeans are divided and emasculated by theirs. In any street battles, the immigrants will prevail.

I agree that the radicalized islamic immigrants will not be able to maintain a technologically advanced civilization by themselves. They will have native European Dhiminis as their educated slaves. They will free up capitol and economic production by euthenizing the elderly native Europeans. Obviously; the society will implode within a few generations, but they will have the time and resources to become an existential threat to America.

Russia and the former Warsaw Pact countries will become America's allies against the Caliphate.
Top
Re: Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin
Post by isaac_newton   » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:28 pm

isaac_newton
Commodore

Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:37 am
Location: Brighton, UK

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
All good points.

I would point out that at the peak of the Caliphate's power, a majority of the populations were Christians and Jews who were subjected to Dhiminitude. They were taxed and their women were abused, but they were allowed to survive so that they could provide the economic resources that were needed. This was so well understood that it became illegal to convert Christians and Jews.

The old Caliphate collapsed because the population became almost exclusively Muslim as Jews and Christians were killed, converted, expelled or emigrated.

Allow enough Muslim "refugees" to continue inundating Europe, and they will seize political control. They do not even need to become a majority. The refugees are overwhelmingly males of military age compared to the native populations that are aging past middle age. Men who remain formidable in middle age are a minority. (I was once waiting to pick up my teen aged daughter from track practice. One of her male friends saw me waiting for her by the car she usually drove to school. He asked her if I was her father. When she confirmed it, he suggested that I look like ban axe murderer which he thought was cool.) The refugees do not even need to even outnumber the native European males of military age. The immigrants are united and radicalized by their religion and culture while the native Europeans are divided and emasculated by theirs. In any street battles, the immigrants will prevail.

I agree that the radicalized islamic immigrants will not be able to maintain a technologically advanced civilization by themselves. They will have native European Dhiminis as their educated slaves. They will free up capitol and economic production by euthenizing the elderly native Europeans. Obviously; the society will implode within a few generations, but they will have the time and resources to become an existential threat to America.

Russia and the former Warsaw Pact countries will become America's allies against the Caliphate.


Yawn :roll:
Top
Re: Trump Implementing the Palin. doctrin
Post by Daryl   » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:51 am

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2895
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

Fly, the flaw in your logic is the John Wayne belief that "The only good ingun, is a dead ingun".
Just like christianity, islam is fractured into innumerable sects and groups, and muslims range from a few fanatical jihadies, through devout but harmless, up to nominal (like christians who go to church a couple of times a year for funerals and such).
Those in Turkey and Europe are further winnowed by the fact that they have run away from the fanatics.
Germany's population of 83.4M isn't going to be swamped by the one million muslim refugees. I'm prepared to bet that half of them are already eating pork wust, and drinking German beer.
Angela Merkel has now solved the future labour force shortage for Mercedes, Audi, BMW and such. Thus now there will be much hand wringing and restrictions on future migration.

One other flaw in your argument are the continued statements that European males are emasculated. There is a reason why Europeans conquered the world, in that they were selected of a couple of thousands of years by continual warfare to be tough bastards. Some people are dumb enough to be critical of the French (surrender monkeys), but check out their history as well. Americans tend to come from the same stock, but they have more resources and the Atlantic as a moat.
Top

Return to Politics