Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

What has Trump done right so far?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Trump done right so far?
Post by cthia   » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:19 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 8466
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

He ordered all Kaspersky software to be removed from all government computers. Though military computers never used it anyway.

Why the hell the American government or its citizens would ever utilize Russian internet security software is completely baffling, at least to me. As I stated quite a while back in another thread. It is like Manticore asking a League company on Old Earth to ensure its communications. Wait. What?

I worked as a Civil Engineer for a company that insisted it be put on all of our own personal computers since we would be interfacing with theirs. And since they were purchasing it for us they thought we'd have no reason not to comply. I told them no. They threatened to let me go. I let myself go and the department head was fired. I was hired back with a sizeable increase in salary. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Let me write my own ticket.

I contacted one of the department heads who is now working for another company out in the Valley. He said to me, "Have you been watching the news? You warned us about that eons ago."

"Why do you think I'm ringing you? To gloat."

We both got a laugh out of that.

"How could we have been so naive," he asks.

"Beats the heck out of me."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: What has Trump done right so far?
Post by Fireflair   » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:50 pm

Fireflair
Captain of the List

Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:23 pm

I think it's both amusing and worth noting, that so many of the promises that Trump rode to the presidency (Building a wall, bring jobs back to America, fixing health care/abolishing the ACA, tax reform and draining the swamp of Washington) have not only not come to pass but have not been meaningfully addressed. In some cases, such as the swamp, they've only gotten worse at his own instigation.

In other areas he has made no progress and will undoubtedly blame others for the lack of progress while conveniently forgetting that every other president who has had an agenda (And lets face it, they all do) has faced various degrees of kick back from the rest of the politicians of Washington. Yet Obama managed to get the ACA through, as bad as it might be Congress and the Senate did write and sign off on it.

https://pics.me.me/trump-supporters-be- ... 502648.png
Top
Re: What has Trump done right so far?
Post by cthia   » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:13 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 8466
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

cthia wrote:He ordered all Kaspersky software to be removed from all government computers. Though military computers never used it anyway.

Why the hell the American government or its citizens would ever utilize Russian internet security software is completely baffling, at least to me. As I stated quite a while back in another thread. It is like Manticore asking a League company on Old Earth to ensure its communications. Wait. What?

I worked as a Civil Engineer for a company that insisted it be put on all of our own personal computers since we would be interfacing with theirs. And since they were purchasing it for us they thought we'd have no reason not to comply. I told them no. They threatened to let me go. I let myself go and the department head was fired. I was hired back with a sizeable increase in salary. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Let me write my own ticket.

I contacted one of the department heads who is now working for another company out in the Valley. He said to me, "Have you been watching the news? You warned us about that eons ago."

"Why do you think I'm ringing you? To gloat."

We both got a laugh out of that.

"How could we have been so naive," he asks.

"Beats the heck out of me."


Oh my, did I call this thing from miles away. I've never used Russian software. It is absolutely ludicrous.

New N.S.A Breach Linked to popular Russian Antivirus Software

How Israel Caught Russian Hackers Scouring the World for U.S. Secrets.

The World Once Laughed at North Korean Cyberpower. No More.

I called this thing years ago! Years!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: What has Trump done right so far?
Post by biochem   » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:20 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1281
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: USA

For context - The establishment Republican outlets hate Trump because he isn't a real conservative, he's not one of the in crowd and of course his wonderful personality. But he is president so they tolerate him. Generally they are neutral not cheerleaders. As we approach I year they've started to summarize some of the things they think he is doing right

Hoover institute
https://www.hoover.org/research/trumps- ... tive-chaos

Federalist
http://thefederalist.com/2017/10/26/don ... y-neglect/
Top
Re: What has Trump done right so far?
Post by Annachie   » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:43 pm

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1707
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Given that the Federalist article makes basic mistakes, the only article I read, I suspect that that list of things President Trump is doing right is much smaller than you think.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: What has Trump done right so far?
Post by Tenshinai   » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:10 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2893
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Sweden

cthia wrote:Oh my, did I call this thing from miles away. I've never used Russian software. It is absolutely ludicrous.

New N.S.A Breach Linked to popular Russian Antivirus Software

How Israel Caught Russian Hackers Scouring the World for U.S. Secrets.

The World Once Laughed at North Korean Cyberpower. No More.

I called this thing years ago! Years!


Well duh.
Have good education in something in a nation and you will get people there misusing it.

"Russian software" overall is high quality and reliable, trying to bash it with guilt by association as a monolithic whole is just pathetic.

Why the hell the American government or its citizens would ever utilize Russian internet security software is completely baffling, at least to me. As I stated quite a while back in another thread. It is like Manticore asking a League company on Old Earth to ensure its communications. Wait. What?


You can't see the obvious? Wow.
They started using it because it was the best available, simple as that.

"How could we have been so naive," he asks.


Oh yes, lets get one of the AVs that come preinstalled with actual spyware from CIA or NSA instead(depending on which), so much better.

Do you know which ones that is?
Top
Re: What has Trump done right so far?
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:44 am

gcomeau
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1063
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Tenshinai wrote:
cthia wrote:Why the hell the American government or its citizens would ever utilize Russian internet security software is completely baffling, at least to me. As I stated quite a while back in another thread. It is like Manticore asking a League company on Old Earth to ensure its communications. Wait. What?


You can't see the obvious? Wow.
They started using it because it was the best available, simple as that.


"German encryption technology is very effective, why wouldn't we use it? It's so obvious!" ....said nobody among the Allies during the 1930s and 40s.


Russia is OPENLY HOSTILE to the US government. That's why you don't use Russian made SW in US government systems you nitwit. And the fact that you are incapable of even comprehending that tells us all how seriously to take your "oh all this negative reporting about Russia is fake news/evil US conspiracy" bullshit.
Top
Re: What has Trump done right so far?
Post by cthia   » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:07 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 8466
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Tenshinai wrote:
cthia wrote:Why the hell the American government or its citizens would ever utilize Russian internet security software is completely baffling, at least to me. As I stated quite a while back in another thread. It is like Manticore asking a League company on Old Earth to ensure its communications. Wait. What?


You can't see the obvious? Wow.
They started using it because it was the best available, simple as that.
gcomeau wrote:"German encryption technology is very effective, why wouldn't we use it? It's so obvious!" ....said nobody among the Allies during the 1930s and 40s.


Russia is OPENLY HOSTILE to the US government. That's why you don't use Russian made SW in US government systems you nitwit. And the fact that you are incapable of even comprehending that tells us all how seriously to take your "oh all this negative reporting about Russia is fake news/evil US conspiracy" bullshit.

Thank God! Someone found the words. No one can climb out on a logic limb better than I. BUT DAMN!

::I was in danger of falling in an uncovered manhole walking around with my face in my palms!::

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: What has Trump done right so far?
Post by biochem   » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:01 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1281
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: USA

Annachie wrote:Given that the Federalist article makes basic mistakes, the only article I read, I suspect that that list of things President Trump is doing right is much smaller than you think.



In the case of the Federalist article, it sums up as we hate him for (insert list of reasons) followed by but we like what he is doing with regulations (followed by list of specifics) and congress had better get off its duff and hardware the changes into law so the next Democrat can't change them back. At least with Trump they are getting (list of regulations) if Hillary had been elected it would have been: we hate her for (list of reasons) but there would have been no (list of regulations) to soften the blow.
Top
Re: What has Trump done right so far?
Post by Tenshinai   » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:13 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2893
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Sweden

gcomeau wrote:
"German encryption technology is very effective, why wouldn't we use it? It's so obvious!" ....said nobody among the Allies during the 1930s and 40s.


Russia is OPENLY HOSTILE to the US government. That's why you don't use Russian made SW in US government systems you nitwit. And the fact that you are incapable of even comprehending that tells us all how seriously to take your "oh all this negative reporting about Russia is fake news/evil US conspiracy" bullshit.


*facepalm*

No, the US government is openly hostile to Russia, not the other way around (although with all the slander thrown at them, i expect it is a matter of time).

You would notice if you bothered to listen to what both sides say, and then checked what they actually DID.



Now then, now that a leak has confirmed that the DNC "hack" isn't physically possible to be a hack, lets hear what you say about how obviously it was a hack and EVERYONE just KNEW it was.

Come one, tell me how 16GB of data gets downloaded over a 100Mb internet connection in 87 seconds.
Please, do tell.

Oh right, it's not even possible if the system in question had a 1Gb connection AND a perfect transoceanic line all by itself.


And remember that even the idiots still trying to discredit the leak, outright avoids claiming the leak itself is incorrect.
Top

Return to Politics