Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

What has Trump done right so far?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Trump done right so far?
Post by cthia   » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:19 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

He ordered all Kaspersky software to be removed from all government computers. Though military computers never used it anyway.

Why the hell the American government or its citizens would ever utilize Russian internet security software is completely baffling, at least to me. As I stated quite a while back in another thread. It is like Manticore asking a League company on Old Earth to ensure its communications. Wait. What?

I worked as a Civil Engineer for a company that insisted it be put on all of our own personal computers since we would be interfacing with theirs. And since they were purchasing it for us they thought we'd have no reason not to comply. I told them no. They threatened to let me go. I let myself go and the department head was fired. I was hired back with a sizeable increase in salary. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Let me write my own ticket.

I contacted one of the department heads who is now working for another company out in the Valley. He said to me, "Have you been watching the news? You warned us about that eons ago."

"Why do you think I'm ringing you? To gloat."

We both got a laugh out of that.

"How could we have been so naive," he asks.

"Beats the heck out of me."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Fireflair   » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:50 pm

Fireflair
Captain of the List

I think it's both amusing and worth noting, that so many of the promises that Trump rode to the presidency (Building a wall, bring jobs back to America, fixing health care/abolishing the ACA, tax reform and draining the swamp of Washington) have not only not come to pass but have not been meaningfully addressed. In some cases, such as the swamp, they've only gotten worse at his own instigation.

In other areas he has made no progress and will undoubtedly blame others for the lack of progress while conveniently forgetting that every other president who has had an agenda (And lets face it, they all do) has faced various degrees of kick back from the rest of the politicians of Washington. Yet Obama managed to get the ACA through, as bad as it might be Congress and the Senate did write and sign off on it.

https://pics.me.me/trump-supporters-be- ... 502648.png
Post by cthia   » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:13 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:He ordered all Kaspersky software to be removed from all government computers. Though military computers never used it anyway.

Why the hell the American government or its citizens would ever utilize Russian internet security software is completely baffling, at least to me. As I stated quite a while back in another thread. It is like Manticore asking a League company on Old Earth to ensure its communications. Wait. What?

I worked as a Civil Engineer for a company that insisted it be put on all of our own personal computers since we would be interfacing with theirs. And since they were purchasing it for us they thought we'd have no reason not to comply. I told them no. They threatened to let me go. I let myself go and the department head was fired. I was hired back with a sizeable increase in salary. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Let me write my own ticket.

I contacted one of the department heads who is now working for another company out in the Valley. He said to me, "Have you been watching the news? You warned us about that eons ago."

"Why do you think I'm ringing you? To gloat."

We both got a laugh out of that.

"How could we have been so naive," he asks.

"Beats the heck out of me."

Oh my, did I call this thing from miles away. I've never used Russian software. It is absolutely ludicrous.

New N.S.A Breach Linked to popular Russian Antivirus Software

How Israel Caught Russian Hackers Scouring the World for U.S. Secrets.

The World Once Laughed at North Korean Cyberpower. No More.

I called this thing years ago! Years!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Politics