Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:31 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 4933
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:11 pm
Location: Colorado

biochem wrote:

Finally someone is doing the obvious and measuring this! So we may actually be getting some useful information for once

https://ballotpedia.org/Scott_Rasmussen ... h_20,_2017


Wisconsin, Iowa, Northern Minnesota and Western Washington State are really interesting. Western Washington was an area that I thought was safely Democrat. That swing along with Northern Minnesota needs analysis. Which issues drive the move? The same or different in those areas?

I would hate to assume its purely economic, although that sounds most likely. I wonder what overlap those issues have with issues of Seattle residents? May be interesting times for Minnesota and Washington State in the next election cycle.

Thanks for dredging this up, Biochem.
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by smr   » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:14 am

smr
Captain of the List

Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Crickets!.....Crickets!....Crickets!....Maxine Walters....bat crazy...Crickets!
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:14 pm

gcomeau
Commodore

Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

smr wrote:Crickets!.....Crickets!....Crickets!....Maxine Walters....bat crazy...Crickets!


Ummm.... what?
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Annachie   » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:25 am

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1564
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Said it before. March 2019.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by PeterZ   » Mon May 01, 2017 11:55 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 4933
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:11 pm
Location: Colorado

biochem wrote:

Finally someone is doing the obvious and measuring this! So we may actually be getting some useful information for once

https://ballotpedia.org/Scott_Rasmussen ... h_20,_2017


Another take on this topic. Given the source, it's worth reading, Biochem.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/30/the-arrogance-of-blue-america.html
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Daryl   » Mon May 01, 2017 9:17 pm

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2177
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

Quite an interesting and informative article, thanks. I do hope that the author is overstating the divide, as it won't make for a healthy society.
In Australia we have something a little similar, with some regions that believe they have been neglected having populist alt right voting patterns.
The difference is that our populist politicans hold about 15% of the vote in these regions, and about 5% overall nationally.
Possibly our smaller percentage of aggrieved "deplorables" is because of our stronger federal system. Everywhere in the country has the same welfare, same healthcare system (admittedly less specialist clinics in the regions), and the same minimum wage of nearly $20 an hour.

PeterZ wrote:
biochem wrote:

Finally someone is doing the obvious and measuring this! So we may actually be getting some useful information for once

https://ballotpedia.org/Scott_Rasmussen ... h_20,_2017


Another take on this topic. Given the source, it's worth reading, Biochem.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/30/the-arrogance-of-blue-america.html
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by PeterZ   » Mon May 01, 2017 11:18 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 4933
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:11 pm
Location: Colorado

Daryl,

The issue isn't welfare to secure a minimum standard of living, the same amount is available everywhere. The issue isn't relatively lower paying jobs at $20/hour. It is where the higher paying jobs are. The STEM jobs are moving away from those blue bastions with exorbitantly high living costs and taxes. Many of those higher paying jobs are in the energy industry. Many new tech jobs are locating away from blue bastions and those expensive blue policies. They pay less in wages and the employees still have higher standard of living than had the worked in those expensive urban centers. This trend appears pretty consistent across the country's blue urban centers.



Daryl wrote:Quite an interesting and informative article, thanks. I do hope that the author is overstating the divide, as it won't make for a healthy society.
In Australia we have something a little similar, with some regions that believe they have been neglected having populist alt right voting patterns.
The difference is that our populist politicans hold about 15% of the vote in these regions, and about 5% overall nationally.
Possibly our smaller percentage of aggrieved "deplorables" is because of our stronger federal system. Everywhere in the country has the same welfare, same healthcare system (admittedly less specialist clinics in the regions), and the same minimum wage of nearly $20 an hour.

PeterZ wrote:
Another take on this topic. Given the source, it's worth reading, Biochem.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/30/the-arrogance-of-blue-america.html
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Daryl   » Tue May 02, 2017 5:55 am

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2177
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

Thanks Peter. Sounds like there is hope then of a more equal society eventually.
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by PeterZ   » Tue May 02, 2017 10:09 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 4933
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:11 pm
Location: Colorado

Daryl wrote:Thanks Peter. Sounds like there is hope then of a more equal society eventually.


You are starting to sound like an American conservative/libertarian, Daryl. :)
Equality is best achieved with the free flow of capital and labor. Government governs best when it regulates capital and labor to flow at their freest. Of course a libertarian would insist that level be just above anarchy and a conservative would insist on enough government to be able to protect society from external hostile forces as well as prevent anarchy.
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by noblehunter   » Tue May 02, 2017 11:47 am

noblehunter
Commander

Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:49 pm

PeterZ wrote:You are starting to sound like an American conservative/libertarian, Daryl. :)
Equality is best achieved with the free flow of capital and labor. Government governs best when it regulates capital and labor to flow at their freest. Of course a libertarian would insist that level be just above anarchy and a conservative would insist on enough government to be able to protect society from external hostile forces as well as prevent anarchy.
Another species of conservative would insist on enough government to protect society from moral threats.
Top

Return to Politics