Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Guns, Guns Guns

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:06 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Take the case of the rancher in Nevada, the BLM was seizing his cattle illegally and they threatened to shoot the local families that gathered together to stop the slaughter of the cattle. CNN said that the militia had snipers their to shoot the federal agents. Why is their no video evidence of snipers or militiamen shown? That's because their was none and if you need proof about what happened go look up the links within this gun topic because I posted it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhNFqaLioD4

Yeah, no video evidence these idiots were there... nope...

:roll:

I'm sure this won't make a dent in the conspiracy theory mindset I'm seeing on display here though.

This evil man chose a gun free zone to attack innocent law abiding citizens and murder Christians. Take the evil man from the SC shooting, he chose the church because the church had no armed security to stop him rather than the local college!

How do people not understand this? You CANNOT create a situation in this nation where there will not be soft targets for terrorists or whackjobs to hit. You are not going to have hundreds of millions of people wandering around armed and ready to draw and begin firing at a moments notice. (And if you did, you'd just end up with a LOT more dead people as people constantly got spooked and opened up at the wrong times and in not terribly disciplined ways.)

The person doing the attacking will *always* have the advantage of selecting time and target and the element of surprise when they open up. You cannot fix this by just ranting about "more guns! more guns!"

You might want to focus instead on why it was so easy for these shooters to arm themselves in the first place. but then you'd have to subject the precious 2A and the impact it has on society to serious critical scrutiny and we can't have that can we?
Post by Spacekiwi   » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:37 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Your first link doesnt exist when I go to it.

As for the bundy thing, Hes been non paying since 1994, when he wrote letters to the BLM stating he refused their authority, and was going to graze the land anyway. And looking through wikipedia and other places, its not because of a solar project, it because the land he keeps running his cows thorugh is no longer grazing land but a endangered animal preserve, notr exactly where you want cows going through, or fences being removed if they block his cattle.....

Your local Blm didnt participate because as the news articles whihc interviewed them found they were intimidated by the local rwanchers due to constant threats againbst their lives, and there had been a bomb aiumed at them back in the 90's, so of course they called for extra backup.

What video of the scene please smr? in your non workin link , or did i miss it in an earlier post? not sure what video youre talking about? The first video I found through google does seem to diasgree that they werent armed though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhNFqaLioD4. Another one: https://youtu.be/acg-MHC95XU?t=113. given this, and the possibility of pistols being hidden in the crowd, and i fully support the blm action of withdrawing from a confrontation with an armed group looking for trouble in an attempt to start their version of the revolution.

smr wrote:

http://www.reid.senate.gov/press_releases/2015-08-24-reid-remarks-at-national-clean-energy-summit

So Kiwi understand they increased his fees by 200% that are supposed to go to maintain the land as free range grazing lands. However, the fees were not applied equally to everyone but selectively. Second, the head of BLM was a political appointee of guess who...Henry Reed. Why did many of Deputy Sheriffs call in sick that day? Hmmm????? Third, the local sheriff is a local political ally of guess who...Henry Reed. Now Henry Reed called Mister Bundy a domestic terrorist on the floor of the Senate! The same Mister Bundy called for a peaceful resistance to the illegal seizure of his cattle. The BLM imported 200 agents from outside of Nevada because the locals refused to participate. Fourth, the court order was being disputed by the Nevada state government due to interpretations of a statute. The case was being appealed by Bundy and the state of Nevada. Methinks something is wrong in Denmark...I mean Nevada.

Hey Kiwi did you watch the video? Where is the militia? Where are the snipers? Sounds like political rhetoric. The sheriff said on the video over a megaphone that they will fire on them! The locals (men, women, and children) replied that they were unarmed. They formed into a line an preceded to back down the BLM!.

Our government has history of using force. Take Waco, they could have continued the beseize the Ranch. Hunger would eventually forced most Branch Davidian members to surrender. 76 people died needlessly in Waco. Just remember the elite write the history.
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by The E   » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:46 pm

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:The E...please don't come with racism argument to justify anarchy and rioting. Hands up don't shoot....false narrative that created the riots.

The US prison population is predominantly non-white. Non-white people get arrested for things seen as harmless in whites. When white people riot, it's a public disturbance; If black people do it, it's a civil war. The US has a history of deeply ingrained prejudice against non-white, non-protestants.
Said history was one of the reasons why Ferguson erupted the way it did. Not the only reason, no, but it cannot be discounted.

The E...Germany was so civilized that they executed 8 million men, women, and children because they were Jewish. I was married to a German girl and grandparents talked about Hitler. They were teenagers during WW2. The grandmother contends that the holocaust would never had happened if the government had not seized all the guns. She claims that they had noway to resist the government.

Yes, that is a part of german history, one I am not particularly proud of. That said, we got our asses rather thoroughly kicked, and we swore to do better and not let it happen again, which is why we have the legal concept of the "Streitbare Demokratie" embedded in our basic law.

The point is, yes, we were barbaric not that long ago. We got better.

And no, the Holocaust would have happened even if the Jews would have been allowed to keep their firearms. A few more would have "died resisting arrest", but in the end, nothing could have stopped it.

The seizing of guns within the country equals a civil war for America! What good is security for loss of our liberties and freedoms.

What good does a mass shooting every other day do? Can you really say that that's a price worth paying when none of the other first world countries, citizens of which being as free, if not more free than americans, suffer from similar issues?
Post by Daryl   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:43 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

In today's news -
A SIMPLE childish fight over a puppy led an 11-year-old boy to shoot and kill his eight-year-old neighbour in the US state of Tennessee.

Latasha Dyer says her daughter was playing outside when the boy asked to see her puppy. Little McKayla said “no” and shortly after was shot in the chest.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:22 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Daryl wrote:In today's news -
A SIMPLE childish fight over a puppy led an 11-year-old boy to shoot and kill his eight-year-old neighbour in the US state of Tennessee.

Latasha Dyer says her daughter was playing outside when the boy asked to see her puppy. Little McKayla said “no” and shortly after was shot in the chest.

Obviously this wouldn't have happened if that 8 year old was armed like the Founding Fathers intended...
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:01 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:With the Oregon shooting, the mainstream media neglects the mention that this is the 2nd domestic home grown Muslim terrorist within a year. This evil man chose a gun free zone to attack innocent law abiding citizens and murder Christians.

P.S.

http://www.oregonlive.com/education/ind ... river_home

Not a gun free zone. Not only was it not a gun free zone, but:

John Parker, a 36-year-old Army veteran studying to become a drug and alcohol counselor, is among the UCC students who hold weapons permits and bring guns to campus. He had his gun and his license with him on campus Thursday when the shooting took place.

He was in the college's veterans center, just a few buildings away from Synder Hall, with some other students who were similarly permitted and armed, he told The Oregonian.

A college employee talked them out of leaving to try to use their guns to save others. The active shooter could have taken them down first. Law enforcement officers already on the scene would not have known their guns would be used to defend students and instructors, not hurt them, he said.

"If we would have run across the field, we would have been targets," he said. "We made a good choice at the time."

There were armed people with concealed carry permits on campus. Didn't accomplish squat... because they were at least smart enough to realize that a bunch of random citizens running out into that situation blazing away would be as likely to make it worse as make it better. Because we don't live in a Hollywood action movie, we live in real life.
Post by Tenshinai   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:05 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Daryl wrote:In today's news -

:cry:

And this is exactly why guns should not be sold to anyone, always kept safely stored and NOT handed to children unless under constant oversight.
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:22 pm

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

Tenshinai wrote:
:cry:

And this is exactly why guns should not be sold to anyone, always kept safely stored and NOT handed to children unless under constant oversight.

Which works wonderfully when the kid is attacked in my brother's 40 acres by a coyote.

Still not understanding the full implications of your philosophical positions, I see.

Wharever,
T2M
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"
Post by Annachie   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:04 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

SMR, I think you missed a fundamental point. It's not the governments job to ban guns, it's their job to regulate them. If that involves saying that some are not for the general public, then that's fine. If that involvez saying some people are not allowed yo own or use one due to criminal or mental history, that is also fine.

If the second is so important and unviolatable, why don't prisoners have guns? Where's the NRA campaign to arm them?
Why do most houses of government ban them within the building. Even states that allow them to be carried everywhere else? Again no NRA bitching there.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:17 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Because fellons have proven they will not support the law. They have violated the social contract between citizens. Why trust them with weapons and allow them to more thoroughly violate our social contract?

Annachie wrote:SMR, I think you missed a fundamental point. It's not the governments job to ban guns, it's their job to regulate them. If that involves saying that some are not for the general public, then that's fine. If that involvez saying some people are not allowed yo own or use one due to criminal or mental history, that is also fine.

If the second is so important and unviolatable, why don't prisoners have guns? Where's the NRA campaign to arm them?
Why do most houses of government ban them within the building. Even states that allow them to be carried everywhere else? Again no NRA bitching there.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Return to Politics