Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Into the Light

Aliens? Invading aliens? What will Earth do? Well...we may have a few more resources than we first thought. Come join a friendly discussion about David Weber's newest Tor series - "Out of the Dark."
Into the Light
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:54 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Chris Kennedy and I have broken ground on the sequel to OOTD.

Some people will greet this news with groans; some with cheers.

I will say only that one of the things that some people get most bent out of shape about never actually happened; you just think it did. (Okay, admittedly, I did my very best to encourage you to think that, but still . . . . :twisted:) And there is one heck of a lot more going on under the surface. Not just in our home star system, either.

Beyond that, you've gotta wait for the book. We don't begin to have a release date, since we're only just getting started and Tor isn't about to start scheduling anything until they have a better idea of what our delivery date might be, but I would be very surprised if we haven't finished it well before year's end.

And since it's been so long since the first book, I will probably start snippeting this one much earlier.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Re: Into the Light
Post by Kufat   » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Kufat
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I find myself in the odd position of having liked the first book but being of the opinion that it doesn't need a sequel. When I finished it, I thought it was an unusual idea (take a typical alien invasion story and throw something wholly unexpected into the mix and see where it goes) very well-executed, and that actually following up on the ending might spoil its charm.

I'm looking forward to being proven wrong, though. :) (Yes, and to snippets!)
Post by Garth 2   » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:30 am

Garth 2
Captain (Junior Grade)

:o

Going to be so hard to wait for this....
Post by WeberFan   » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:29 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

I'll be looking forward to reading it when it's released. I liked the original because it was so different than your other work. With Vlad and company off to visit Earth's invaders in their homes, i can see a lot of directions in which you could steer the plot.
Post by George J. Smith   » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:27 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

I so want to see the Hegemony Council get its butt kicked, even to the extent of the Shongairi being suborned by Vlad & Co to help do it.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah

Return to Out of the Dark