Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Haters gonna Hate !!!!

Aliens? Invading aliens? What will Earth do? Well...we may have a few more resources than we first thought. Come join a friendly discussion about David Weber's newest Tor series - "Out of the Dark."
Haters gonna Hate !!!!
Post by gdub199   » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:21 pm

gdub199
Midshipman

If you didn't like Out Of The Dark - please stop whining about it & move on. Don't ruin it for everyone else. I haven't read anything else by anyone his author - but this book is on my top 5 military sci-fi list. The story was great up till the end - then WOW !! I thought the surprise ending was cool & I really hope there will be sequel(s). I think there's a lot more material to be had from this universe
Re: Haters gonna Hate !!!!
Post by Weird Harold   » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

gdub199 wrote:...I haven't read anything else by anyone his author - but this book is on my top 5 military sci-fi list. ...

If Out Of The Dark is in your top five, you really need to read some better Military Science Fiction; especially anything by David Weber. Then you'll have some really good books for comparison.

OOTD isn't actually all that bad, it is just terrible in comparison to the rest of DW's work.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Re: Haters gonna Hate !!!!
Post by DDHv   » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:40 am

DDHv
Captain of the List

Weird Harold wrote:
gdub199 wrote:...I haven't read anything else by anyone his author - but this book is on my top 5 military sci-fi list. ...

If Out Of The Dark is in your top five, you really need to read some better Military Science Fiction; especially anything by David Weber. Then you'll have some really good books for comparison.

OOTD isn't actually all that bad, it is just terrible in comparison to the rest of DW's work.

yes
:!:
Douglas Hvistendahl
Retired technical nerd

Dumb mistakes are very irritating.
Smart mistakes go on forever
Unless you test your assumptions!

Return to Out of the Dark