Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

NO SPOILERS***OOOOH, OOOH, To Challenge Heaven!

Aliens? Invading aliens? What will Earth do? Well...we may have a few more resources than we first thought. Come join a friendly discussion about David Weber's newest Tor series - "Out of the Dark."
NO SPOILERS***OOOOH, OOOH, To Challenge Heaven!
Post by Mycall4me   » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:01 am

Mycall4me
Commander

Okay I just finished re reading OOTD and Into the Light, prefatory to the new To Challenge Heaven. I'm several chapters into the new one. It is totally AWESOME! I ofc have no idea where it's going or how it ends but....what I have read so far is awesome.

David (as you should already know) has a thing for homo sapiens surprising "advanced" alien races with our astounding technological prowess. Think about his stand alone story of The Excaliber Alternative, the trilogy of the Dahak story and ofc OOTD AND ITL. Well, To Challenge Heaven are those six books on steroids. I HIGHLY recommend re reading the first two of the OOTD books and running out to buy the third. I'm not sure if it will get any better as it goes along, I KNOW that there's NO WAY it will be worse.

I will post again when I finish, and don't worry, there's no way I'll give any spoilers. It's too good to do that. I wouldn't think of doing that!
Re: NO SPOILERS***OOOOH, OOOH, To Challenge Heaven!
Post by Mycall4me   » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:01 am

Mycall4me
Commander

Sorry, just can't help it. I'm a few more chapters in, and we're about to engage some Shongairi warships (not really a spoiler, anyone would guess that that would be happenig) All I can say is that the monkey boys and girls are probably going to kick their ass, harder than it's ever been kicked before (also not a spoiler)

:D :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:
Re: NO SPOILERS***OOOOH, OOOH, To Challenge Heaven!
Post by Mycall4me   » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:30 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

Mycall4me wrote:Okay I just finished re reading OOTD and Into the Light, prefatory to the new To Challenge Heaven. I'm several chapters into the new one. It is totally AWESOME! I ofc have no idea where it's going or how it ends but....what I have read so far is awesome.

David (as you should already know) has a thing for homo sapiens surprising "advanced" alien races with our astounding technological prowess. Think about his stand alone story of The Excaliber Alternative, the trilogy of the Dahak story and ofc OOTD AND ITL. Well, To Challenge Heaven are those six books on steroids. I HIGHLY recommend re reading the first two of the OOTD books and running out to buy the third. I'm not sure if it will get any better as it goes along, I KNOW that there's NO WAY it will be worse.

I will post again when I finish, and don't worry, there's no way I'll give any spoilers. It's too good to do that. I wouldn't think of doing that!

The book is in 3 parts, the first is the Shongairi, and the second is with a Hegemony member system. Then an epilogue. The first part is, as I've said, totally awesome. The second is not quite as good as the first. And the epilogue is quite possibly a clue that there will be at least one (or more) follow up books.

Unfortunately there was an almoest exactly three year spacing between book 2 and book 3

Return to Out of the Dark