Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Into the Light sample chapter

Aliens? Invading aliens? What will Earth do? Well...we may have a few more resources than we first thought. Come join a friendly discussion about David Weber's newest Tor series - "Out of the Dark."
Re: Into the Light sample chapter
Post by Loren Pechtel   » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:52 am

Loren Pechtel
Captain of the List

Randomiser wrote:So, are Vlad and Steve really off to commit genocide? Or are we just about to see an example of how sensible humans deal with puppies - they just become the Alpha :lol: :lol:

They have major surprise but they can't maintain the advantage. Thus they must hit hard--all spaceflight (including ground-to-space weapons) must be destroyed. To ensure accomplishing that they're going to have to engage in considerable overkill. Whether that results in a wipe or not they probably won't know.
Post by Isilith   » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:50 pm

Isilith
Captain (Junior Grade)

Loren Pechtel wrote:
Randomiser wrote:So, are Vlad and Steve really off to commit genocide? Or are we just about to see an example of how sensible humans deal with puppies - they just become the Alpha :lol: :lol:

They have major surprise but they can't maintain the advantage. Thus they must hit hard--all spaceflight (including ground-to-space weapons) must be destroyed. To ensure accomplishing that they're going to have to engage in considerable overkill. Whether that results in a wipe or not they probably won't know.

This is exactly the point I was making. They HAVE to be the hammer of god onto every Shongairi they can find. They WILL wipe out Humanity if they get the smallest chance to do so, unless they are taken out first.
Post by Bahzellstudent   » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:48 pm

Bahzellstudent
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

wow - shows how long it has been since I came onto the forum that I had completely missed a new snippet from RFC; I had no idea he had planned a sequel. Part of me wants to tell him to get back to writing more for Honor, and Bahzell and Merlin - but actually I would read into the Light as well!

Return to Out of the Dark