Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Alternative points of view

Alicia DeVries and the Furies will make for an interesting way to start a conversation! Join us here to confer about "In Fury Born."
Re: Alternative points of view
Post by Loren Pechtel   » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Loren Pechtel
Rear Admiral

Festival wrote:And the Emperor might also smile and say, "you realize that's taxable income, right?"

Maybe the Empire is like most places--they don't tax foreign income. The US is the outlier in this regard.
Post by PlaysWithBees   » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:19 pm

PlaysWithBees
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Ok, couple of things.

Re. Worry about Ali going to the Dark Side. I doubt that the pucker factor would be all THAT much more than when a deranged Drop Commando stole an Alpha Synth. OTOH, they know more about the additional things they can do which could cause a sleepless night or two. Still, consider all the psych evals Ali has gone through both before and after. I suspect the powers that be are pretty confident that barring a situation like murdering her family and friends, the likelihood of her going rogue is minimal.

Rob Mac F wrote:"Ms. DeVries, we would like to inform you, that you'll be audited next week. Have a nice day." - Imperial Revenue Service.

Tis and Megira share a laugh while cooking the books... and the auditor’s mind

Rob Mac F wrote:"Ms. DeVries, your security clearance is suspended until further notice due to suspicious income." - O branch.

Alicia: “Um... how do you propose keeping me out of the computers... or your mind? Just wondering...”
Post by Fox2!   » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:49 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

Rob Mac F wrote:
"Ms. DeVries, your security clearance is suspended until further notice due to suspicious income." - O branch.

Somehow, I doubt Tis is impressed by the Imperial equivalents of the Espionage Act and Executive Order 13526, its predecessors and successors. Or impeded.

Return to Path of the Fury