Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Merry Christmas to Alicia and may we have a sequel, please?

Alicia DeVries and the Furies will make for an interesting way to start a conversation! Join us here to confer about "In Fury Born."
Merry Christmas to Alicia and may we have a sequel, please?
Post by AJKohler   » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:37 am

AJKohler
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:16 pm
Location: Southern Arizona

Because get annoyed about this forum's not having had a post in three months, and it is that day, I thought I'd wish a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Alicia Dierdre DeVries - and ask, pretty please, could we have a sequel?

Tony
http://www.ajkohler.net
Tony

http://www.repeat-lives.com - Please read Repeat
Vietnam veteran - 187th Assault Helicopter Company, Tay Ninh, RVN 1968 - 1969
Top
Re: Merry Christmas to Alicia and may we have a sequel, plea
Post by Renegade13   » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:42 pm

Renegade13
Commander

Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:56 am

It would be great to get a sequel - I really love this story and character(s) - but for practical purposes, it isn't very likely to happen. Alicia and her friends are very powerful; making a sequel that is anywhere close to as exciting as the original story will be very difficult.

And considering Weber's VERY full writing schedule, I don't know where he would find the time. But who knows - maybe John Ringo's crazy writing muse will swing by and force Weber to write one!
Top
Re: Merry Christmas to Alicia and may we have a sequel, plea
Post by AJKohler   » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:40 am

AJKohler
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:16 pm
Location: Southern Arizona

We can but hope. As much as I appreciate Honor Harrington, Nimue Alban and Nimashet Despreaux, among many others (some of which don't come from the imagination of MWW - heresy!)and I certainly do, Alicia is my favorite. So I hope.

Renegade13 wrote:It would be great to get a sequel - I really love this story and character(s) - but for practical purposes, it isn't very likely to happen. Alicia and her friends are very powerful; making a sequel that is anywhere close to as exciting as the original story will be very difficult.

And considering Weber's VERY full writing schedule, I don't know where he would find the time. But who knows - maybe John Ringo's crazy writing muse will swing by and force Weber to write one!
Tony

http://www.repeat-lives.com - Please read Repeat
Vietnam veteran - 187th Assault Helicopter Company, Tay Ninh, RVN 1968 - 1969
Top
Re: Merry Christmas to Alicia and may we have a sequel, plea
Post by kbus888   » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:54 pm

kbus888
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1980
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: Eastern Canada

=2013-12-31=
Hi AJKohler

I COMPLETELY agree with you !!

I loved that story and would buy any sequel in a flash!!

R
.

AJKohler wrote:Because get annoyed about this forum's not having had a post in three months, and it is that day, I thought I'd wish a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Alicia Dierdre DeVries - and ask, pretty please, could we have a sequel?

Tony
http://www.ajkohler.net
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

Love is a condition in which
the happiness of another
is essential to your own. - R Heinlein
Top
Re: Merry Christmas to Alicia and may we have a sequel, plea
Post by Charles83   » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:20 pm

Charles83
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:40 pm

I would really like to see if the emperor made his chief spy dance naked painted purple on the backyard to get alicia, it was said that he most probably would if thats what his emperor asked.
Top
Re: Merry Christmas to Alicia and may we have a sequel, plea
Post by Tail Twitcher   » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:50 pm

Tail Twitcher
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:34 am

Agree, sequel please.
Top
Re: Merry Christmas to Alicia and may we have a sequel, plea
Post by Frankjg   » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:56 am

Frankjg
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:01 pm
Location: Nanaimo British Columbia Canada

I too would like to see a sequeal in this series. Alicia is a joy to read. Now I can not wait to see what chaos Alicia and companions create.
Top
Re: Merry Christmas to Alicia and may we have a sequel, plea
Post by wrlee1966   » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:36 am

wrlee1966
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:56 am

The man has way to many projects going. Maybe once he completes a few of them we can get him to think about a sequel for Alicia. But I would like to see him finish Empire of Man, And Honorverse and Safehold before he gets to this.
Top
Re: Merry Christmas to Alicia and may we have a sequel, plea
Post by AJKohler   » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:58 am

AJKohler
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:16 pm
Location: Southern Arizona

wrlee1966 wrote:The man has way to many projects going. Maybe once he completes a few of them we can get him to think about a sequel for Alicia. But I would like to see him finish Empire of Man, And Honorverse and Safehold before he gets to this.


Yes, MWW does have many projects going, and I respect the hell out of that. On the other hand, there are those of us out there who would not necessarily prefer that he go all the way through the Empire, Honorverse and Safehold series first.

Don't get me wrong. I am a rock-ribbed Honor Harrington fan. Nimue Alban intrigues me, and Nimashet is one of my favorite characters. But if MWW can keep several threads going in his own mind, I can certainly put in a respectful request for more of Alicia, who is one of the truly kick-ass characters he's created.

Let's not prioritize for him, shall we? He is doing a reasonable job of it on his own.
Tony

http://www.repeat-lives.com - Please read Repeat
Vietnam veteran - 187th Assault Helicopter Company, Tay Ninh, RVN 1968 - 1969
Top
Re: Merry Christmas to Alicia and may we have a sequel, plea
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:52 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:51 am
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Frankjg wrote:I too would like to see a sequeal in this series. Alicia is a joy to read. Now I can not wait to see what chaos Alicia and companions create.

The problem with a sequel is that Alicia/Tisiphone/Meagera have become too strong - it's not clear how you can pose a problem for them that they can't just roll over. The prequel about Belkassan might well be more interesting, but since it is a prequel, you know how it is going to come out.
The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Top

Return to Path of the Fury