Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Merry Christmas to Alicia and may we have a sequel, please?

Alicia DeVries and the Furies will make for an interesting way to start a conversation! Join us here to confer about "In Fury Born."
Re: Merry Christmas to Alicia and may we have a sequel, plea
Post by Jeff Donohue   » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:59 am

Jeff Donohue
Ensign

I too would dearly love to see more of Alicia. I love all of Mr. Weber's Sci-fi, but Alicia is one that I really want more of. Well, here's hoping anyway.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:41 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Jeff Donohue wrote:I too would dearly love to see more of Alicia. I love all of Mr. Weber's Sci-fi, but Alicia is one that I really want more of. Well, here's hoping anyway.

There have been ample discussions about why we are not likely to see an Alicia sequel. There has been some mention of a prequel concerning the MoJ operative, BenKassan and his maturation as an operative of the MoJ. The problem is that Alicia has become too powerful, so finding a problem that she has difficulty dealing with is non trivial.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Kytheros   » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:46 am

Kytheros
Rear Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
Jeff Donohue wrote:I too would dearly love to see more of Alicia. I love all of Mr. Weber's Sci-fi, but Alicia is one that I really want more of. Well, here's hoping anyway.

There have been ample discussions about why we are not likely to see an Alicia sequel. There has been some mention of a prequel concerning the MoJ operative, BenKassan and his maturation as an operative of the MoJ. The problem is that Alicia has become too powerful, so finding a problem that she has difficulty dealing with is non trivial.

There's plenty of space elsewhere in the universe/timeline for more stories.
Admittedly, anything with Alicia herself is likely to either feature her in the background/in passing, or to take place in the time period between her entering the Marine Corps and her leaving the Cadre. Or, if it's post-Tisiphone/Megaira, it's likely to be taking place in an environment where she/they wouldn't have the time to safely 'read' the major players/those with the most information, and one where opportunities for direct action are limited.
Post by phillies   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:29 pm

phillies
Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:

Power is only useful if the problem is something that responds, e.g., to being smashed into the ground. If the philosophy of the bad guys is "Cowardice is good. Cowardice wins. Courage is what did so well for the tin-plate morons at Crecy and Agincourt."
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:21 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:There have been ample discussions about why we are not likely to see an Alicia sequel. There has been some mention of a prequel concerning the MoJ operative, BenKassan and his maturation as an operative of the MoJ. The problem is that Alicia has become too powerful, so finding a problem that she has difficulty dealing with is non trivial.

phillies wrote:Power is only useful if the problem is something that responds, e.g., to being smashed into the ground. If the philosophy of the bad guys is "Cowardice is good. Cowardice wins. Courage is what did so well for the tin-plate morons at Crecy and Agincourt."

The problem is that she can not only do the smashing into the ground. She has no trouble finding the individual who needs to be smashed - because she can raid anyone's mind, and their computer systems. Look what she did to the drug dealer, and at this point she doesn't even have to do a deal with them, just shake their hand on some pretext, and all of their infomation is hers, as well as access to their computer systems, and therefore she can wipe them out financially. Insert problems between dealers and suppliers that cause them to go to war with each other, and then clean up the survivor. The list goes on and on. Her Empire is about to get very law-abiding - read boring.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Path of the Fury