Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Audio Book?

Alicia DeVries and the Furies will make for an interesting way to start a conversation! Join us here to confer about "In Fury Born."
Audio Book?
Post by sleepyemry   » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:33 pm

sleepyemry
Midshipman

Does anyone know if In Fury Born will be available in an audio book format?
Re: Audio Book?
Post by Jlaristotle   » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:28 pm

Jlaristotle
Ensign

I would buy it. Lets all bug audible!
Post by linda00145   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:18 am

linda00145
Midshipman

You should try it out on Amazon you will surely get the audio version.
Post by Random_Numbers   » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:02 am

Random_Numbers
Midshipman

Just sent my request to Audible. I recommended a female reader. I said that Weber is a bestselling author and this would get a lot of back-catalog buys. I said that this is a BAEN book so getting the rights should be pretty easy considering how many BAEN books grace their sci-fi section. And I said that this is a compelling story with a strong female lead character. I included the blurb for the book under my request.

I have been successful in getting my requests fulfilled in the past using this method. They actually told me that my recommendation what the one that sold them on recording at least one book. Explaining both the business and artistic reasons why they should carry the book is the way to go. Adding a diversity element too the pitch without pounding the point home is a good idea as well.
Post by dvdscar   » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:01 am

dvdscar
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I suspect it's already on their to-do list. Toni Weisskopf at Baen has indicated that they are working to get more of Baen's backlist available in audio. They've been getting Eric Flint's various 1632 novels done, for example. Toni's very well aware of who would sell, so like I said, it's probably on the schedule already. That production schedule is a closely-held secret, though, so no clues as to when Fury might appear.

David

Random_Numbers wrote:Just sent my request to Audible. I recommended a female reader. I said that Weber is a bestselling author and this would get a lot of back-catalog buys. I said that this is a BAEN book so getting the rights should be pretty easy considering how many BAEN books grace their sci-fi section. And I said that this is a compelling story with a strong female lead character. I included the blurb for the book under my request.

I have been successful in getting my requests fulfilled in the past using this method. They actually told me that my recommendation what the one that sold them on recording at least one book. Explaining both the business and artistic reasons why they should carry the book is the way to go. Adding a diversity element too the pitch without pounding the point home is a good idea as well.
Post by wandering1here   » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:48 pm

wandering1here
Midshipman

I have over 3500 audio books .including the complete safehold series and almost all the harrinton series .I would like to buy the furies series on audio but it dont exist ...name the price for the unabridged edition and i would buy it all 3 books

Return to Path of the Fury