Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Fury

Alicia DeVries and the Furies will make for an interesting way to start a conversation! Join us here to confer about "In Fury Born."
Fury
Post by LGF1946   » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:38 pm

LGF1946
Midshipman

I just reread In Fury Born. I think I have almost everything that David Weber has written. I feel certain I am not the only one that has longed for a new novel or two in that series. I have a few years on Mr. Weber. I haven't heard much lately and hope he is in good health and still active. I have had the SF bug since I was 9 or 10. R.A.H., E.E. Doc Smith, George O. Smith, A.C. Clark, etc. For me I consider David Weber to be as good or better than the authors I grew up reading. Oh I almost left out Andre Norton.

Larry Fields | L/Cpl Fields 2nd MarDiv 1966-1969.
Re: Fury
Post by ThisName1   » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:08 am

ThisName1
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Did you read the prequel book governor? I think that book is actually better than in fury born.
Re: Fury
Post by Caraquena   » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:41 pm

Caraquena
Midshipman

LGF1946 wrote:I just reread In Fury Born. I think I have almost everything that David Weber has written. I feel certain I am not the only one that has longed for a new novel or two in that series. I have a few years on Mr. Weber. I haven't heard much lately and hope he is in good health and still active.

Unfortunately his output has decreased significantly with more reliance on collaborations, people do post excerpts from his facebook pages that hint at what is coming. Your wish may come true, though not necessarily written by Mr. Weber:

I mentioned elsewhere that Marisa Wolf has fallen into the clutches of the Honorverse. And I’ve also mentioned that Jan Kotouč will be writing the story of Mark Sarnow & Company in Sunny Silesia.

What I cannot for the life of me recall is whether or not I’ve mentioned that Jacob Holo will be doing the life of Edward Saganami. At the moment, it’s a trilogy, but this IS Baen we’re talking about.

Oh, and the other Toni-approved project somewhere down the road will be another Marisa project involving three ladies named Alicia, Tisiphone, and Megaera and the two books I have planned out but have never gotten written. Yet.

Return to Path of the Fury