Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who has their dead tree copy of _Governor_?

Alicia DeVries and the Furies will make for an interesting way to start a conversation! Join us here to confer about "In Fury Born."
Who has their dead tree copy of _Governor_?
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Sun May 30, 2021 1:33 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

While the official release date is Tuesday, June 1st, I found _Governor_ at a local Barnes and Noble today (May 29th). BTW, has anybody heard how many books are planned for this series?
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Re: Who has their dead tree copy of _Governor_?
Post by Eagleeye   » Mon May 31, 2021 6:12 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:While the official release date is Tuesday, June 1st, I found _Governor_ at a local Barnes and Noble today (May 29th). BTW, has anybody heard how many books are planned for this series?

If it is already available in stores in the USA, then there is at least the possibility, that I get it soon, too - here, in Germany. Good news, indeed ...
Regarding your other question - I think I remember reading once that there will be 5 books in total in this series. But don't nail me with it ...
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:39 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

Eagleeye wrote:
Robert_A_Woodward wrote:While the official release date is Tuesday, June 1st, I found _Governor_ at a local Barnes and Noble today (May 29th). BTW, has anybody heard how many books are planned for this series?

If it is already available in stores in the USA, then there is at least the possibility, that I get it soon, too - here, in Germany. Good news, indeed ...
Regarding your other question - I think I remember reading once that there will be 5 books in total in this series. But don't nail me with it ...

I should had looked further down the topic list before I posted. The topic "prequel books announcement" (dated Sep 14, 2019) says there will be 4. I don't see why it would take 3 more books for Murphy to overthrow the government and establish an empire in its place. I also can't see how they could include the 2 Human-Rish wars (8 years + interwar gap of unknown length + 14 years). That would need 8-12 books at least (note that Honor Harrington series covers about that much time and has 14 titles, plus 7 secondary novels).
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by wrlee1966   » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:43 pm

wrlee1966
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I should had looked further down the topic list before I posted. The topic "prequel books announcement" (dated Sep 14, 2019) says there will be 4. I don't see why it would take 3 more books for Murphy to overthrow the government and establish an empire in its place. I also can't see how they could include the 2 Human-Rish wars (8 years + interwar gap of unknown length + 14 years). That would need 8-12 books at least (note that Honor Harrington series covers about that much time and has 14 titles, plus 7 secondary novels).[/quote]

Terry has to first over throw the fed, then create an empire while still at war, then he has to stop the war, then he has 8 years while the RHL and Rish fight to build up his military and then 14 yrs to beat the Rish. Not sure 4 books is enough to be honest. But we will have to see
Post by Fireflair   » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:07 am

Fireflair
Captain of the List

I'm not sure that there is a requirement for X many books to accomplish the vague timeline we do have. Much of that text may or may not be something the MWW chooses to share with us. He doesn't have to describe each fleet engagement, or even the major fleet engagements. He could focus on Murphy and what happens in his immediate sphere of experience.

Each major event that happened in the war could be as simple as a report which lands on his desk while he is in struggles to get financing, to handle rebellious planets or the core worlds.

I feel it really depends on what the author chooses to present and in what fashion.

Return to Path of the Fury