Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Will there be anothor Fury book?

Alicia DeVries and the Furies will make for an interesting way to start a conversation! Join us here to confer about "In Fury Born."
Re: Will there be anothor Fury book?
Post by munroburton   » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:49 am

munroburton
Admiral

KNick wrote:As in any of the other forums, we can discuss anything and everything. For instance, what are the chances of another governor trying to secede from the Empire? Do you think that others are starting to think the Empire is becoming to big and unwieldly? Would checking out the loyalty of bureaucrats be a good use of Ally and Tisiphone?

I'd say seeing trillionaires and billionaires hanging from the gallows or in prison for life would dissuade anyone else from trying the same thing for a good while. There was also the Rish element - they wanted an Imperial sector or two to secede and weaken the Terran Empire as a prelude to another war.

I couldn't see Alicia and Tisiphone sitting in an office doing loyalty tests. Bo-ri-ng, not to mention there's an ethical and morale issue here. They've become the Empire's top detectives, so they'll be handed difficult, not-entirely-legal cases probably involving undercover work. Think Sherlock Holmes crossed with James Bond.
Post by PeterZ   » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:34 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

munroburton wrote:I'd say seeing trillionaires and billionaires hanging from the gallows or in prison for life would dissuade anyone else from trying the same thing for a good while. There was also the Rish element - they wanted an Imperial sector or two to secede and weaken the Terran Empire as a prelude to another war.

I couldn't see Alicia and Tisiphone sitting in an office doing loyalty tests. Bo-ri-ng, not to mention there's an ethical and morale issue here. They've become the Empire's top detectives, so they'll be handed difficult, not-entirely-legal cases probably involving undercover work. Think Sherlock Holmes crossed with James Bond.

Those cases would almost have to involve non-human software interfaces. Tisiphone will go through human/computer interfeces like fecal matter through a goose. Again, Boooooring.

Counter intel against Rish pllots? Now that will be interesting. The Rish have fewer molycirc systems to begin with and their systems don't invlove direct interface with their minds. That suggests a natural "firewall" against Tis' abilities. Yup, that will be interesting indeed to read about.
Post by CadreFan   » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:56 pm

CadreFan
Midshipman

Tisiphone has noted that human nature has not changed that much in the intervening time. So, I would think other governors or planet presidents (Kings? Dukes?) would be thinking of seceding. Certainly they would be pushed to do so by Rish operatives. And a certain portion of the population of any world/sector would want to be independent of the Empire. (Empie is not a good word for those folks.)

For Treadwell's attempt, we know that Senators, members of the House of Murphy and senior Military officers were all involved. If not for Treadwell, why not for the next governor or president who wants to start his own empire?
You might not need to even have a FALA or "liberation organization" to keep it simmering. Over 1800 worlds and human nature hasn't changed much.

In that vein, we don't know from the book, what happened with Watt's deal. He claimed to have evidence about the net that was running him, Justice was eager to roll up the network. Did they? If so, Watts kept his "job" in retirement and that leak is plugged. Or did Watts lie about that? Were other folks punished? Or did the word finally get out which put some fear in to those folks thinking of seceding.

We know that Ally and the Emperor reconciled (Go Seamus!). Did Ally and Uncle Arthur? Ally and Tannis? WE know Uncle Arthur allowed her to go over to Justice. And "cured" or not, he certainly won't let her jump with Charlie Company as long as she can potentially break or has Tis with her. But he considered her his star pupil and daughter he never had. He risked his life for her. How did he and Ally fix that? Can he use her as a #2 for certain joint Cadre/Justice ops? He might have wished someone like her was along for Clean Sweep. Or might she "guest lecture" at Camp Cochrane in leadership?

Tannis is like a sister and was obviously welcomed into Ally's family when it was on Earth. She now knows about the betrayal and it made her sick as well. She has come to accept Tis' existence and maybe her help in keeping Ally alive several times. Tannis was also willing to risk her life for Ally. You can't just shut that off. Do they get it together? Does Tannis continue as Ally's doctor? (Assuming Ally could find a doc who would touch her augments.) How does Tannis feel when she talks with Tis? With Megaira? How does she feel riding in Megaira? Does she become a fourth sister of sorts? She CAN kick ass and handle the weapons. Tis apparently enjoyed seeing Ally and Tannis spar. She apparently approved of the friendship. If needed, would Tis and Megaira come to Tannis' aid with Ally?

Might Uncle Arthur need help and call in the three "friends" for that help? A possible mole in the Cadre? Passed the screens like Watts did. A "situation" that doesn't need Cadre yet, but does need intel on the ground that the Cadre can use if needed.

Since we didn't get closure on the Uncle Arthur/Ally and Tannis/Ally friendships yet they were willing to die for Ally, I think those issues need addressing first. After that, let the adventures commence.

As in any of the other forums, we can discuss anything and everything. For instance, what are the chances of another governor trying to secede from the Empire? Do you think that others are starting to think the Empire is becoming to big and unwieldly? Would checking out the loyalty of bureaucrats be a good use of Ally and Tisiphone?[/quote]
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:49 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

The question of a sequel popped up before Fury got its own forum.

IIRC, Weber had sketched out a possible plotline for a future book where Alicia gets separated from Megaria, ending up on a previously-unknown inhabited planet. Since she has a telepathic contact with Megaria and Tisiphone can be with either/both simultaneously (but cannot simply teleport Alicia back), Megaria has to track down where Alicia is while Alicia has to stay alive in a hostile environment long enough to be rescued.

I don't know any more than that.

Sorry.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by John Prigent   » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:06 pm

John Prigent
Captain of the List

I'd like to reed that - but only _after_ the final Honorverse, Bahzellverse and Safeholdverse books.
Cheers
John
Michael Everett wrote:The question of a sequel popped up before Fury got its own forum.

IIRC, Weber had sketched out a possible plotline for a future book where Alicia gets separated from Megaria, ending up on a previously-unknown inhabited planet. Since she has a telepathic contact with Megaria and Tisiphone can be with either/both simultaneously (but cannot simply teleport Alicia back), Megaria has to track down where Alicia is while Alicia has to stay alive in a hostile environment long enough to be rescued.

I don't know any more than that.

Sorry.
Post by KNick   » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:17 pm

KNick
Admiral

Unless, of course, it is something he works on to take a break from the other three (or four or five) projects he is working on.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by John Prigent   » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:57 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Good pint - I hadn't thought of that!
Cheers
John
KNick wrote:Unless, of course, it is something he works on to take a break from the other three (or four or five) projects he is working on.
Post by AJKohler   » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:41 am

AJKohler
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Why do I have this persistent feeling that there will never be a 'final' Honorverse book? There is a natural end to Safehold, when the Dahaks come to help take out the Gbaba. :D We've already gotten a glimpse of that from RFC. Not into Bahzell, so I can't speak to that. But with the continuity of generations and the multitude of potential enemies, it seems to me that the Honorverse will live at least as long as RFC.

[quote="John Prigent"]I'd like to reed that - but only _after_ the final Honorverse, Bahzellverse and Safeholdverse books.
Cheers
John
Tony

http://www.repeat-lives.com - Please read Repeat
Vietnam veteran - 187th Assault Helicopter Company, Tay Ninh, RVN 1968 - 1969
Post by KNick   » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:11 am

KNick
Admiral

John Prigent wrote:Good pint - I hadn't thought of that!
Cheers
John

A good pint would be a Guiness(sp) Stout
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by John Prigent   » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:55 pm

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Oh dear,, two spelling mistakes in successive posts. I think I'll have to start using the spill chucker.

But I'd rather have Tanzanian beer - the Safari brand for choice. I can't stand the taste of British beer (or Irish).

Cheers
John
KNick wrote:
John Prigent wrote:Good pint - I hadn't thought of that!
Cheers
John

A good pint would be a Guiness(sp) Stout

Return to Path of the Fury