Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Will there be anothor Fury book?

Alicia DeVries and the Furies will make for an interesting way to start a conversation! Join us here to confer about "In Fury Born."
Re: Will there be anothor Fury book?
Post by n9voc   » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:23 pm

n9voc
Midshipman

I am most glad that Mr. Weber has some plot ideas for a sequel to In Fury Born. I have thouroughly enjoyed this book, (Baen is my main source for science fiction - David Weber, Eric Flint, John Ringo, Mark L. Van Name - main authors I read!)
Note to Ms. Toni Weisskopf: "Loyal Baen readers would like more of the Furies!" Thank You!
Post by dwatson120   » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:58 pm

dwatson120
Midshipman

Another story idea occurs to me--one of the team--Ferhat, Alicia, Megarea, and Tisophone--discovers evidence that one or both of Tis's "sisters" may still be alive--asleep, as she was, or imprisoned by a black hole or some unknown agency.
Post by AJKohler   » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:10 pm

AJKohler
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

dwatson120 wrote:Another story idea occurs to me--one of the team--Ferhat, Alicia, Megarea, and Tisophone--discovers evidence that one or both of Tis's "sisters" may still be alive--asleep, as she was, or imprisoned by a black hole or some unknown agency.

Anohter interesting possibility would be some sort of criminal mastermind that the four eventually track down, only to find that it is a human and one of Tisiphone's sisters in some vaguely similar sort of relationship. Ferhat might be a necessary birddog, but the real wild card is Megaira, whose help makes it possible for them to finally prevail.

Offers the opportunity for Tisiphone to do a lot of what I'd have to call soul-searching (let's not get into the issue of does she have a soul; my point is introspection, not theology).
Tony

http://www.repeat-lives.com - Please read Repeat
Vietnam veteran - 187th Assault Helicopter Company, Tay Ninh, RVN 1968 - 1969
Post by Brom O'Berin   » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:32 pm

Brom O'Berin
Captain (Junior Grade)

Er, text evidence indicates Tisiphone's sister Furies have passed on. They had been interconnected since their original creation. Her connections to them were instantaneous and unlimited - unaffected by separation distance or other conditions, so when she awoke and was not able to make contact, whether asleep or awake, she knew that they no longer existed.

AJKohler wrote:
dwatson120 wrote:Another story idea occurs to me--one of the team--Ferhat, Alicia, Megarea, and Tisophone--discovers evidence that one or both of Tis's "sisters" may still be alive--asleep, as she was, or imprisoned by a black hole or some unknown agency.

Anohter interesting possibility would be some sort of criminal mastermind that the four eventually track down, only to find that it is a human and one of Tisiphone's sisters in some vaguely similar sort of relationship. Ferhat might be a necessary birddog, but the real wild card is Megaira, whose help makes it possible for them to finally prevail.

Offers the opportunity for Tisiphone to do a lot of what I'd have to call soul-searching (let's not get into the issue of does she have a soul; my point is introspection, not theology).
Post by Kytheros   » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:11 am

Kytheros
Rear Admiral

Brom O'Berin wrote:Er, text evidence indicates Tisiphone's sister Furies have passed on. They had been interconnected since their original creation. Her connections to them were instantaneous and unlimited - unaffected by separation distance or other conditions, so when she awoke and was not able to make contact, whether asleep or awake, she knew that they no longer existed.

Wouldn't have to be one of her sister-selves. Could just be a similar sort of entity, though likely from a different mythology.
Post by wrlee1966   » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:01 am

wrlee1966
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I think I would like to See Alicia and Ben working together. They come across a plot to start a new Rish Human war. And they team up with the Rish clan she was able to spare. Her rep and honor are such that even the Rish Honor and respect her that she is able to stop an interstellar war and bring the Rish and Humans who are responsible to justice.
Post by enkidu   » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:01 pm

enkidu
Midshipman

WinterFlames wrote:I wore out my Path before it got reprinted as In Fury! I bought that, but had to sell all my paper books for a big move, only 3 rereads in. sad. I LOVED THEM BOTH GIMME MORE!

I love this book and Alicia is mentioned in the Shiva option of the Starfire series also.

Though Personally if i wrote this series a better legend to use for REVENGE and fury would not have been a Greek myth but a SUMERIAN myth aka Using INANNA (15) the goddess of war and revenge would have been more appropriate.

However I am not sure it will have sold as well as most in the western world are unfamiliar with the intracies of Sumerian Legend other than Bilgames^ (Gilgamesh)
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:14 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

I see you missed the parallels to the Oresteia. Review your Aeschylus. This was the greek description of how justice was separated from vengence. One the the seminal works of western culture.

enkidu wrote:
WinterFlames wrote:I wore out my Path before it got reprinted as In Fury! I bought that, but had to sell all my paper books for a big move, only 3 rereads in. sad. I LOVED THEM BOTH GIMME MORE!

I love this book and Alicia is mentioned in the Shiva option of the Starfire series also.

Though Personally if i wrote this series a better legend to use for REVENGE and fury would not have been a Greek myth but a SUMERIAN myth aka Using INANNA (15) the goddess of war and revenge would have been more appropriate.

However I am not sure it will have sold as well as most in the western world are unfamiliar with the intracies of Sumerian Legend other than Bilgames^ (Gilgamesh)
Post by Tail Twitcher   » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:03 am

Tail Twitcher
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I'm up for another of these.

One of my all time favourite books.
Post by AJKohler   » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:49 am

AJKohler
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Tail Twitcher wrote:I'm up for another of these.

One of my all time favourite books.

Absolutely agree. The truth is that while I enjoy Honor Harrington, Torin Kerr, Riva Konneva and a whole bunch of other strong female characters (and wrote one myself in my novel No Third Choice, from Solstice Books - see my website http://www.ajkohler.net), I find Alicia Dierdre DeVries to be the most human and most believable of all of them - enhancements not withstanding.
Tony

http://www.repeat-lives.com - Please read Repeat
Vietnam veteran - 187th Assault Helicopter Company, Tay Ninh, RVN 1968 - 1969

Return to Path of the Fury