Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Book 2 (Governor)

Alicia DeVries and the Furies will make for an interesting way to start a conversation! Join us here to confer about "In Fury Born."
Book 2 (Governor)
Post by Mycall4me   » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:39 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

Has RFC or Fox issued any word on plans for book two? I understand it has a working title, but that's all I know.
Re: Book 2 (Governor)
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:31 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

Mycall4me wrote:Has RFC or Fox issued any word on plans for book two? I understand it has a working title, but that's all I know.

The Forthcoming list in the Dec 2023/Jan 2024 issue of _Locus_ lists _Ascent to Empire_ from Baen books in September 2024, but that is the series title, I think the actual title is _Rebel_
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by Caraquena   » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:58 pm

Caraquena
Midshipman

Posted 1/17 on Fox's Facebook page:

Ascent to Empire: Rebel (book 2) is with the editors and will be out this fall and should have a simultaneous audio release. I hope everyone who's listening to Governor right now is enjoying that.
-- David and I plotted out book 3 (tentative title is 'Dictator' at the moment) a few months ago and that should be done before book 2 is out.
Post by Mycall4me   » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:07 am

Mycall4me
Commander

Caraquena wrote:Posted 1/17 on Fox's Facebook page:

Ascent to Empire: Rebel (book 2) is with the editors and will be out this fall and should have a simultaneous audio release. I hope everyone who's listening to Governor right now is enjoying that.
-- David and I plotted out book 3 (tentative title is 'Dictator' at the moment) a few months ago and that should be done before book 2 is out.

Oho! So both good news, and not so good news. Good news in that it's written and in editorial hands, not so good in that we have eight (or more) months before we get it. :roll:
Post by richardinor   » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:04 am

richardinor
Commander

Hopefully an eARC this summer.
Post by Casus Belli   » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:57 pm

Casus Belli
Midshipman

Amazon.uk has a release date of 16th September.

This is the blurb:

HE NEVER WANTED TO BE A REBEL The Five Hundred, the elite families who rule the Terran Federation, control its political power and its wealth, and they've grown steadily wealthier and more powerful, thanks to the war against the Terran League. War may be hard on the people who get caught in its path, but it's very good for business, and the Five Hundred own the shipyards that build the Navy's ships. They own virtually all the industry that produces the weapons and matériel the war consumes so voraciously . . . and they've made damn sure someone else does the dying. True, there are a few flies in the Five Hundred's ointment. There's the growing hatred and resentment of the Fringe Worlds, whose children do eighty percent of the dying in the Five Hundred's war. But the Five Hundred have made sure the Fringe knows what will happen to any system that goes "out of compliance." There are the lunatic conspiracy nuts who insist that the alien Rishathan Sphere is secretly aiding the League's military, but the Five Hundred have forced them to keep their mouths shut where it matters. And then there's Terrence Murphy, a man of honor who loves the Federation, who springs from the Five Hundred, yet knows it for what it is and is determined to speak for its victims. But the five hundred have dispatched ample force to deal with him and his handful of lunatic followers. Unfortunately, the Fringe has paid enough of its children's lives, and it no longer cares what may happen if it dares to defy the Five Hundred. Worse, the lunatic conspiracy nuts were right, and the Rish have planned carefully for the Federation’s destruction. And, worst of all, the Five Hundred have fatally underestimated Terrence Murphy.

Looking forward to the eARC.
Post by Casus Belli   » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:51 pm

Casus Belli
Midshipman

Cover reveal over on Richard Fox's facebook page.

I can't figure out how to import the image so here's the fox facebook link.

https://www.facebook.com/richardfoxauthor/
Post by Bookaholic   » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:20 am

Bookaholic
Ensign

Casus Belli wrote:Cover reveal over on Richard Fox's facebook page.

I can't figure out how to import the image so here's the fox facebook link.

https://www.facebook.com/richardfoxauthor/

Amazon US
Rebel (2) (Ascent to Empire) https://a.co/d/3bVWHKs

September 3, 2024

Return to Path of the Fury