Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Interesting Products Made By Man

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Interesting Products Made By Man
Post by cthia   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:39 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Do you know of any interesting products?

My brother got everyone the WalletShield before we knew we even needed them.

I'm curious abut this Pest Reject because I hate spiders. I don't see any in my home, but it doesn't mean they aren't there.

This pair of glasses may well be worth it.

If you come across a product you deem worth mentioning, please do.

Alvin Toffler's Future Shock. If he only knew.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Interesting Products Made By Man
Post by cthia   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:03 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I love Alvin Toffler's book. Someone from previous centuries would be shocked at today's technology. Struggling to learn to do the most basic things that we take for granted. Even many 21st century people are shocked and have problems figuring out current technology.

"How do you turn the lights on in this room, where is the light switch?" I hear that a lot.

"Ever went in a bathroom and wondered how to operate something, like the hand towel machine. The faucet? The hand dryer?"

I remember my sister's teenage neighbors asking to use the phone years ago before cell phones were so prevalent. She had the nostalgic rotary style phone in her study because she loves those things. The teenage girls were like, "Mam, how do you use this thing?"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Julia Minor   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:00 pm

Julia Minor
Commander

cthia wrote:I love Alvin Toffler's book. Someone from previous centuries would be shocked at today's technology. Struggling to learn to do the most basic things that we take for granted. Even many 21st century people are shocked and have problems figuring out current technology.

A couple years ago, a guy escaped from a nearby state prison, broke into a house, tied up the owner, and stole his wallet and car. One of the things that caught the escapee was that he couldn't figure out how to fill the gas tank, he'd gone to jail before pay-at-the-pump was a thing.
Post by cthia   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:52 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Julia Minor wrote:
cthia wrote:I love Alvin Toffler's book. Someone from previous centuries would be shocked at today's technology. Struggling to learn to do the most basic things that we take for granted. Even many 21st century people are shocked and have problems figuring out current technology.

A couple years ago, a guy escaped from a nearby state prison, broke into a house, tied up the owner, and stole his wallet and car. One of the things that caught the escapee was that he couldn't figure out how to fill the gas tank, he'd gone to jail before pay-at-the-pump was a thing.

Thanks for that very funny post. He certainly has plenty to talk about in jail.

It's also quite frightening if you consider that some convicts were sentenced to 50 years in prison at the age of 18 in 1975 to be reintroduced back into the world to grapple with technology in the year 2025. OMG!

There were no cellphones. No internet. No 3D movies. No electric cars. No mp3 players. No digital music at all. No videos. Self flush toilets may give him a heart attack. Smart phones? Talking cars? Self driving cars? Drones? Auto sensing lights. And "Will someone please show me how to use this bank card?" Smart phones may cause him a mid-life crisis. Simple kids toys may frighten him. You couldn't even turn right on red in most places in 1975.

Oh my! He may as well be on an alien planet.

Post by Annachie   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:53 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Hell, just the change from "Walk" to a little green man confused inmates being released from jail.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:28 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Post by Senior Chief   » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:39 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

Reminds me of a scene from Demolition Man where Spartan is trying to figure out the new tech in the apartment.... Also an old TV series has a frozen gold miner thaws out and is now living with his grandson. Funny series.
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:10 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:

Reminds me of a scene from Demolition Man where Spartan is trying to figure out the new tech in the apartment.... Also an old TV series has a frozen gold miner thaws out and is now living with his grandson. Funny series.

I can see a future where tourists are dying just for walking downtown. They aren't aware of the dangers of technology lurking in their own city let alone someone else's.

The technology of man has long since progressed past man's ability to grasp it. We obliviously live so close to many dangers that only grow more severe with time.

Lithium ion batteries exploding in laptops.

Laptop batteries exploding. One day man is going to put his eye out.

Hoverboards catching fire causing a total of $2M dollars in damage.

Exploding e-cigs.

Exploding e-cigarette.

Warning, surgeon general has determined that e-cigs may cause third degree burns to your family jewels.

How many people are aware of the danger represented by the third rail at a NY city subway?

Die by urination.

Future shock.

Exploding boobs at high altitude? The mile high club can be quite dangerous.

Exploding breasts.

Titty Titty, Bang Bang.

Technology is simply surpassing man's ability to stay abreast of it.

Post by Imaginos1892   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:How many people are aware of the danger represented by the third rail at a NY city subway?

You're supposed to stay away from the tracks. Getting zapped by the third rail is just a well-deserved Darwin Award.

cthia wrote:The mile high club can be quite dangerous.

Those of us who paid attention in high school science class know that warm water boils at low pressure. And the FDA made them switch to saline water filling because it's safer!

cthia wrote:Technology is simply surpassing man's ability to stay abreast of it.

I don't think traffic and subways are more dangerous than leopards and crocodiles. You just have to pay attention.

In fact, it may be that our daily lives are TOO safe. We get complacent, wandering around in a daze because we can get away with it most of the time. Meandering down the sidewalk with 95% of our attention on our cell phones. Every once in a while, that remaining 5% is just not enough.
———————————
When someone does a foolish thing, you should say it is a foolish thing. They may still continue to do it, but at least the truth is where it needs to be.
Post by cthia   » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:17 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:
cthia wrote:How many people are aware of the danger represented by the third rail at a NY city subway?

You're supposed to stay away from the tracks. Getting zapped by the third rail is just a well-deserved Darwin Award.

cthia wrote:The mile high club can be quite dangerous.

Those of us who paid attention in high school science class know that warm water boils at low pressure. And the FDA made them switch to saline water filling because it's safer!

cthia wrote:Technology is simply surpassing man's ability to stay abreast of it.

I don't think traffic and subways are more dangerous than leopards and crocodiles. You just have to pay attention.

In fact, it may be that our daily lives are TOO safe. We get complacent, wandering around in a daze because we can get away with it most of the time. Meandering down the sidewalk with 95% of our attention on our cell phones. Every once in a while, that remaining 5% is just not enough.
———————————
When someone does a foolish thing, you should say it is a foolish thing. They may still continue to do it, but at least the truth is where it needs to be.

The difference is that man is well aware of the dangers posed by leopards and crocs. We begin learning all about animals as toddlers with the See-N-Say.

Maybe an Alvin Toffler version is long overdue. "The third rail says 'ZAAPPP'!"

Boobs are not supposed to explode in low pressure environments, or every kid finally getting to second base would be blown away.

You cannot "stay away" from the tracks at a NYC subway. You are literally standing mere feet away from them as you wait. People fall into them, are pushed into them, etc., etc. Peeing wherever you can whip it out is a disgusting habit men formed as kids. Though highly convenient and relatively safe at one point, this right of passage has become very dangerous in some places. One of my friends managed to urinate on an electric fence as kids. He survived with a scare and a shock to his legs and feet. Oops.

Technology is simply getting to be very dangerous behind closed doors. Closed doors meaning the ignorance of man. During the recent storm, MREs were passed out in many places. Most people do not know how to use them, and when you are taught by an idiot, both of you are in danger. It clearly reads in the instructions, "stay away from open flame." The gases produced are explosive. Smoking a cigarette while sitting in the vicinity of that meal while it is cooking is dangerous. FYI.

It's a perfectly fine thing to do if you're trying to reenact the Hindenburg disaster.

Return to Free-Range Topics...