Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

General Products #4 Hull Capacity?

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
General Products #4 Hull Capacity?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:31 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Captain of the List

Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:58 am

How many megatons of Piersons Puppeteer Poop can you haul in anumber 4 General Products hull?
Top
Re: General Products #4 Hull Capacity?
Post by Dilandu   » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:28 am

Dilandu
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1490
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 1:44 pm
Location: Russia

TFLYTSNBN wrote:How many megatons of Piersons Puppeteer Poop can you haul in anumber 4 General Products hull?


The diameter of GP#4 spherical hull was stated as 300 meters. So the internal volume is 14137167 cubic meters. If filled with water it would gave roughly 14 million tons of cargo mass. Eight times more, if filled with steel.
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Top
Re: General Products #4 Hull Capacity?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:14 am

TFLYTSNBN
Captain of the List

Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:58 am

Dilandu wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:How many megatons of Piersons Puppeteer Poop can you haul in anumber 4 General Products hull?


The diameter of GP#4 spherical hull was stated as 300 meters. So the internal volume is 14137167 cubic meters. If filled with water it would gave roughly 14 million tons of cargo mass. Eight times more, if filled with steel.



Very good!

Now if you flushed the whole load onto the home of the Hindmost Want To Be, he would be in deep shit. How deep of shit would he be in?
Top
Re: General Products #4 Hull Capacity?
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:29 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Fine. I'll play.

The pile would sink and spread out; how far depends on consistency. If it's a fairly stiff paste, it would spread until the pile was no more than 25-30 meters deep in the center.

I used to live on a farm, dude. I know a thing or two about shit.
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!
Top
Re: General Products #4 Hull Capacity?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:45 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Captain of the List

Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:58 am

Imaginos1892 wrote:Fine. I'll play.

The pile would sink and spread out; how far depends on consistency. If it's a fairly stiff paste, it would spread until the pile was no more than 25-30 meters deep in the center.

I used to live on a farm, dude. I know a thing or two about shit.
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!



Here is a useful link.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_repose

I can not find Pierson's Puppeteer Poop in the chart of materials. Back on the farm it was noted that the steepness of a pile was dependant on water content.

I will offer calculations later.
Top
Re: General Products #4 Hull Capacity?
Post by zyffyr   » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:00 pm

zyffyr
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:26 pm

Dilandu wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:How many megatons of Piersons Puppeteer Poop can you haul in anumber 4 General Products hull?


The diameter of GP#4 spherical hull was stated as 300 meters. So the internal volume is 14137167 cubic meters. If filled with water it would gave roughly 14 million tons of cargo mass. Eight times more, if filled with steel.


The critical question now is : just what is the density of PPP?
Top
Re: General Products #4 Hull Capacity?
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:19 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

zyffyr wrote:The critical question now is : just what is the density of PPP?

Most mammal turds float, so if Puppeteer digestion is at all similar, it's probably around 0.95.
———————————
At my house, the 'things that go bump in the night' are cats.
Top
Re: General Products #4 Hull Capacity?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:59 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Captain of the List

Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:58 am

Piersons Puppeteers eat in communal dining hauls where the line up at troughs to feed. Apparently, they are similar to cattle in that ingestion stimulates defecation. There are lines of stepping discs installed in the floor a few feet from the trough, right under their anuses, to teleport the poop directly to a waiting transport. Assuming that few of the Puppeteers have intestinal issues, we are dealing with rather stiff shit. I am assuming a 20% slope angel on the Piersons Puppeteer Poop Pile.

A back of an envelope calculation suggests that Nessus' big dump will create a conical pile about 880 meters in diameter and 88 meters high. Assuming that Nessus has employed his two heads to get the widest possible seperation between his eyes to maximize his depth perception, he should score a direct hit on the usurper to the position of Hindmost. Even if the usurper survives the impact, he will not be able to dig himself out before he suffocates when he is buried in such deep shit.
Top
Re: General Products #4 Hull Capacity?
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:23 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Cows and pigs don't only, or even primarily, shit while they're eating. Both species drop piles anywhere, anytime. I suspect sheep, goats and horses are the same. You have to always watch your step around them, in every sense of the words.

I hadn't considered the important fact that Puppeteers are herbivores. Still, terrestrial herbivores produce a wide variety of turds. Cows shit anything from thick paste to runny glop, horses and elephants drop tough, fibrous chunks, while rabbits, moose and giraffes squeeze out tiny hard pellets. Only Larry Niven can tell us what Puppeteers pass.

My wild-ass guess would be pellets.
———————————
Leo Bloom: “Well, if we assume you’re a dishonest person—“
Max Bialystock: “Assume, assume!”
Top
Re: General Products #4 Hull Capacity?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:32 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Captain of the List

Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:58 am

Imaginos1892 wrote:Cows and pigs don't only, or even primarily, shit while they're eating. Both species drop piles anywhere, anytime. I suspect sheep, goats and horses are the same. You have to always watch your step around them, in every sense of the words.

I hadn't considered the important fact that Puppeteers are herbivores. Still, terrestrial herbivores produce a wide variety of turds. Cows shit anything from thick paste to runny glop, horses and elephants drop tough, fibrous chunks, while rabbits, moose and giraffes squeeze out tiny hard pellets. Only Larry Niven can tell us what Puppeteers pass.

My wild-ass guess would be pellets.
———————————
Leo Bloom: “Well, if we assume you’re a dishonest person—“
Max Bialystock: “Assume, assume!”



I have fond memories of an incident when my grandfather thought it was safe to walk about five paces behind a cow. He had forgotten that she had been eating spring grass. She cut loose with the pressure and volume of a fire hose. She hosed him down head to foot.

It was almost as funny as seeing someone catch a hoof of a 1,500# bovine to the groin.
Top

Return to Free-Range Topics...