Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Rediscovering Books that you forgot you had.

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Rediscovering Books that you forgot you had.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:49 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Yesterday while searching for something else in my mancave where I cling to my guns and my religion, I found my copy of FATE OF WORLDS ,by Niven and Learner. I had bought it hardcover years ago. A quick perusal revealed that it was unfamiliar. Reading the first chapter confirmed that I had not read it.

I surmise that I bought it, brought it home, set it somewhere then got busy doing other things.

So far it is a good read
Re: Rediscovering Books that you forgot you had.
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:42 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Yesterday while searching for something else in my mancave where I cling to my guns and my religion, I found my copy of FATE OF WORLDS ,by Niven and Learner. I had bought it hardcover years ago. A quick perusal revealed that it was unfamiliar. Reading the first chapter confirmed that I had not read it.

I surmise that I bought it, brought it home, set it somewhere then got busy doing other things.

So far it is a good read

I believe that _Fate of Worlds_ is the 5th book of a 5 book series (all co-written with Edward M. Lerner) - the other 4 are _Fleet of Worlds_, _Juggler of Worlds_, _Destroyer of Worlds_, and _Betrayer of Worlds_. I hope you have read those already.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Re: Rediscovering Books that you forgot you had.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:34 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Yesterday while searching for something else in my mancave where I cling to my guns and my religion, I found my copy of FATE OF WORLDS ,by Niven and Learner. I had bought it hardcover years ago. A quick perusal revealed that it was unfamiliar. Reading the first chapter confirmed that I had not read it.

So far it is a good read

I believe that _Fate of Worlds_ is the 5th book of a 5 book series (all co-written with Edward M. Lerner) - the other 4 are _Fleet of Worlds_, _Juggler of Worlds_, _Destroyer of Worlds_, and _Betrayer of Worlds_. I hope you have read those already.

Exactly. I had read the first four.

I am reminded that all Puppeteers are homosexual s, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Return to Free-Range Topics...