Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Son of GOD EXISTS

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Son of GOD EXISTS
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:58 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Exidor wrote:I rather doubt that Man has discovered all there is to discover, but even so - how is it a problem? Why can't Religion and Science have some portion of the answers between them?

Broached in the original GOD EXISTS thread. Due to our quantum entanglement and existence.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:43 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I can't seem to impart one particular truth. Proof is in your own pudding. The missing link is man himself. Obviously. As I've said many times, there is no manmade instrument that can detect the spiritual realm. The only instrument that would be able to do so would have to have a physical form and share a certain quantum existence in both realms. That instrument is man himself. If you turn yourself into a believer, your temple (body) becomes the instrument of detection. Your body becomes a conductor.

When Christians say that they feel God, they aren't just looney.

It also makes sense. Why would God reveal himself to someone who has not earned it. Who doesn't wish to see. What is the reward in that? Free will allows you to choose blindness if you so desire. Trust in God. Have faith. Turn your soul into a conductor, if you wish to conduct and truly feel the evidence of proof.

The Three Stooges said it better. . .

"I can't see I can't see!"

"You've got your eyes closed."

Tune your mind, body and spirit to detect the metaphysical.

Last edited by cthia on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:48 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Science is the twisty, winding backroads to God.

Faith is a very short drawbridge.

Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:59 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

cthia wrote:Faith is a very short drawbridge.

Drawbridges were designed to stop anyone whom the owners of the bridge disagreed with or held in contempt.
Your metaphor needs work.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:23 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
cthia wrote:Faith is a very short drawbridge.

Drawbridges were designed to stop anyone whom the owners of the bridge disagreed with or held in contempt.
Your metaphor needs work.

The metaphor is fine.

The owner of the bridge is God - continuing on from the Pearly Gates where a search has just concluded for our name in the Book of Life.

Matthew 7:21-23 King James Version (KJV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Upon ones departure from Checkpoint Charlie, in what position does one expect to find the drawbridge?

Sorry Charlie?

Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:51 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:That they arrogantly claim a monopoly on morality. That they want to deny me the dignity of knowing right from wrong because I don't believe in their fairy tales. That they claim a higher priority for rules that apply only to their chosen fantasies than the ones prohibiting murder, rape and robbery. And that they seek to impose all of their rules, even the irrational ones, on everybody, including me.

In my case, it would be wanting to share with you that works alone, or impeccable morality will not get you into the Kingdom of Heaven - If there is a Kingdom! That's the difference. We don't claim a monopoly on morality. We claim a monopoly on everlasting life - If there is such a thing.

As Christians, we don't want names to be excluded from the Book of Life anyway, even though they may have lived an otherwise impeccable existence. It is like somehow being at a company your entire life but finding out at the very end that you were not actually on the payroll.

Post by Daryl   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:23 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

So your god would cast a truly good person out, just because in life they hadn't told him (or her) that they believed in them?
Doesn't sound like someone I'd like to associate with.

cthia wrote:
Imaginos1892 wrote:That they arrogantly claim a monopoly on morality. That they want to deny me the dignity of knowing right from wrong because I don't believe in their fairy tales. That they claim a higher priority for rules that apply only to their chosen fantasies than the ones prohibiting murder, rape and robbery. And that they seek to impose all of their rules, even the irrational ones, on everybody, including me.

In my case, it would be wanting to share with you that works alone, or impeccable morality will not get you into the Kingdom of Heaven - If there is a Kingdom! That's the difference. We don't claim a monopoly on morality. We claim a monopoly on everlasting life - If there is such a thing.

As Christians, we don't want names to be excluded from the Book of Life anyway, even though they may have lived an otherwise impeccable existence. It is like somehow being at a company your entire life but finding out at the very end that you were not actually on the payroll.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:42 am

gcomeau
Admiral

cthia wrote:

I wonder if Christians ever actually think about the implications of some of the things they say...

"Morality doesn't matter, only whether you believe what we tell you to believe about whether the magic thing we worship exists!"

That is the essential argument of salvation through faith not works. That is not a command an all powerful entity that cared about good or evil would issue. You know who would issue a command like that?

People who made something up and had no other way to make other people believe it (or at least act like they believed it and play long) but by scaring/threatening the gullible into accepting it.
Post by The E   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:12 pm

The E
Admiral

cthia wrote:Science is the twisty, winding backroads to God.

You should read Peter Watts' Echopraxia, which takes that idea and goes nuts with it.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:11 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

cthia wrote:
Exidor wrote:I rather doubt that Man has discovered all there is to discover, but even so - how is it a problem? Why can't Religion and Science have some portion of the answers between them?

Broached in the original GOD EXISTS thread. Due to our quantum entanglement and existence.

I remember those posts, the gross distortions of what quantum mechanics says were so egregious they made one roll ones eyes so far they were staring directly back into their own skull.

Return to Free-Range Topics...