Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

Son of GOD EXISTS

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Son of GOD EXISTS
Post by Exidor   » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:15 pm

Exidor
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

cthia wrote:IOW, do you want there to be a God?"

"Thou art god, I am god. All that groks is god." - Heinlein
Post by cthia   » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:38 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
cthia wrote:Truth trying to slip Freudian free?

Um ::scratches head:: I know man can't agree on the chronological order of the chicken and the egg.

The basic facts of genetics dictate it was the egg, FYI.

(Just going to ignore your question begging attempt at an argument God exists by assuming he exists as your starting point)

If the bible is to be believed. . .

1. then God dictated genetics. A begat B begat C begat D. . .
  2. God created the animals. Which may have put the chicken before its biological reproductive function of laying an egg.
  3. FYI.

You are in error that I beg an argument, that's for immature adults. I always longed for a discussion of God's existence, which found only immature adults.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Daryl   » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:16 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

If you believe in evolution it's the egg. An unfertilised ovum is similar to a unicelled organism. Once fertilised it has its full complement of DNA and starts mitosis. The pattern was set early in time and what works is kept.
Post by The E   » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:18 am

The E
Admiral

cthia wrote:You are in error that I beg an argument, that's for immature adults. I always longed for a discussion of God's existence, which found only immature adults.

Then why do you fly off the handle when you encounter disagreement on your base assumptions?
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:16 am

gcomeau
Admiral

cthia wrote:
gcomeau wrote:
The basic facts of genetics dictate it was the egg, FYI.

(Just going to ignore your question begging attempt at an argument God exists by assuming he exists as your starting point)

If the bible is to be believed. . .

1. then God dictated genetics. A begat B begat C begat D. . .
  2. God created the animals. Which may have put the chicken before its biological reproductive function of laying an egg.
  3. FYI.

Sigh...

Yes, in magic fairytales anything is possible.

Here in real life it was the egg.

You are in error that I beg an argument, that's for immature adults. I always longed for a discussion of God's existence, which found only immature adults.

The opening of your argument that God existed was to claim that the Son of God existed which assumes a God exists to have a son.

Assuming the truth of your conclusion as the basis of your argument is called... class...?

Begging the question!

Class (something often attended by immature not-yet-adults) dismissed.
Post by cthia   » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:01 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

You say there is no proof of God (believe me or no, for believers there's plenty) I say there's no proof to the contrary.

You say the chicken came first? I don't recall any proof therein either.

Where's your proof?

And again, if we believers are wrong, we have lost nothing.

Regarding the whole fairytale claim. I, and the statistics that you statistics hogs crave so much says the majority of mankind, beg your pardon.

As I've once shared and it still holds true, you non believers keep asking us for proof. Yet the onus of responsibility to produce that proof falls on your head, not ours. Since you have so much riding on your intransigence and resistance.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:13 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

You non believers swear by statistics and science. Yet the majority of mankind believe in some kind of higher power.

Yet you nonbelievers choose to ignore that bit of statistics??? Statistics which is a branch of your science that you hold so dear above all else. I suppose you simply don't really trust your science after all. Or respect it either.

'Course, I don't blame you. Man has never invented an instrument to work on the metaphysical.

But you're straddling the fence which tells me you're confused, lost and blind.

You don't believe in faith. You don't really believe in your own science. What the hell (loaded) do you believe in?

You don't have a clue - but you better get one.

Post by Dilandu   » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:59 am

Dilandu
Admiral

cthia wrote:You non believers swear by statistics and science. Yet the majority of mankind believe in some kind of higher power.

Statistically, the percentage of atheists in the world rise constantly.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Dilandu   » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:02 am

Dilandu
Admiral

cthia wrote:
As I've once shared and it still holds true, you non believers keep asking us for proof. Yet the onus of responsibility to produce that proof falls on your head, not ours. Since you have so much riding on your intransigence and resistance.

Nah. The constant rule is that existense of something must be proved, non non-existence. Thats how its done in real world.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Daryl   » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:07 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I'm trying not to be an elitist or snob, but there is a correlation between religious belief and education.
Lots of highly educated and intelligent people have religious beliefs, and good luck to them. However looking at large numbers of people, those societies who have higher education levels, access to all available information, and a free press have lower levels of religious belief.
To me the term atheist is only applicable to someone who professes no religious belief, yet lives in a religious society. In an educated secular society a person who has no religious belief is more likely just considered the norm.
Our latest census showed about a 50% each way, however many people admit that they ticked the box yet haven't been to church or even had a religious thought for decades. Looking over my extended family it is hard to find anyone who was married in a church, or anyone under 45 who has been baptised.

Return to Free-Range Topics...