Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Son of GOD EXISTS

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Son of GOD EXISTS: 1st red heifer in 2000 years
Post by Exidor   » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:19 am

Exidor
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

smr wrote:Wow! A Red Heifer, how far are we from End Times?

So... they were trying to breed for a red calf, and indeed stacked the deck to produce one... and *surprise!* they now have one. Maybe.

Using Modern Science to fulfill ancient prophesy... I'm wondering how many fundamentalists are outraged. :)
Re: Son of GOD EXISTS
Post by Exidor   » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:20 am

Exidor

The E wrote:What is that omnipotent being's stance on puny humans using puny human science to make red cattle happen in an effort to bring forward the apocalypse?

Close, but no cigar? :)
Post by Exidor   » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:38 am

Exidor

Imaginos1892 wrote:Everybody knows about Spartacus

Especially if they've seen the movie. :)

Imaginos1892 wrote:According to The Bible, Jesus caused almost as much trouble as Spartacus about a hundred years later — and yet the compulsively record-keeping Romans did not see fit to write ONE SINGLE WORD about any of those very public incidents, or the person responsible.

Yup. Nothing I haven't had thrown at me before.

Imaginos1892 wrote:I find it harder to believe that those events actually took place and NO records were ever made of them, than the multiple uncorroborated accounts of magic and miracles.

Can't blame you.

Imaginos1892 wrote:You could believe that, but what use is such a belief?

To you, apparently nothing. To me... it doesn't matter. You keep reacting to my posts as though you think I'm trying to convert you - or at least, that's the impression I get. Again - I am not out to convert anyone.

Imaginos1892 wrote:You could just as easily believe in Nathan Brazil.

Considering Nathan Brazil was a freighter captain, believing he existed would not be that terribly difficult. :)

Imaginos1892 wrote:That doesn't prevent them from subjecting impressionable children to bullshit and telling them it's Absolute Truth.

True. Please note that I do not agree with "them" and their methods.

Imaginos1892 wrote:I am not content. They should be stopped in this life.

If they break the laws of Man, then use those same laws to punish them. If they have not broken a law, what would you have done - hire an assassin?
Post by Exidor   » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:39 am

Exidor

Annachie wrote:Or ADD. Could go either way.

True. :)
Post by Annachie   » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:52 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Exidor wrote:
Annachie wrote:Or ADD. Could go either way.

True. :)
Although, this is one time I really prefer the local Koori legend, that a randy water rat had an encounter with a covenient duck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Imaginos1892   » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:55 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:Although, this is one time I really prefer the local Koori legend, that a randy water rat had an encounter with a covenient duck.

Are you sure you don't mean a convenient Duckk? Or an inconvenient Duckk, for that matter.

Exidor wrote:
Imaginos1892 wrote:You could just as easily believe in Nathan Brazil.

Considering Nathan Brazil was a freighter captain, believing he existed would not be that terribly difficult.

Uh… Nathan Brazil is a space freighter captain, and either the last survivor of the beings that created our universe, or the being that created theirs. Depends on whether you believe the ending of Midnight At The Well Of Souls.

I think Jack Chalker meant it, then took it back for the sequels. Kind of like James Blish after he destroyed the universe.

And could you knock it off with the multiple one- and two-line posts? You're pushing everybody's posts back into the distant past. Are you that desperate to make Lieutenant? :lol:
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!
Post by Exidor   » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:55 pm

Exidor

Annachie wrote:Although, this is one time I really prefer the local Koori legend, that a randy water rat had an encounter with a covenient duck.

Not heard that one... I may have to search that one out later. :)
Post by Exidor   » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:02 pm

Exidor

Imaginos1892 wrote:Are you sure you don't mean a convenient Duckk? Or an inconvenient Duckk, for that matter.

Okay, side stepping for a moment - I've seen the "Duckk" reference a couple times now. An acronym, or a typo that took off on it's own?

Imaginos1892 wrote:And could you knock it off with the multiple one- and two-line posts?

If it is the desire of the administration of the forum, I can depart, yes. Otherwise...

Imaginos1892 wrote:Are you that desperate to make Lieutenant?

With no idea of how it's set up, I've no idea if I would even be close.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:50 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

"Okay, side stepping for a moment - I've seen the "Duckk" reference a couple times now. An acronym, or a typo that took off on it's own?"

Duckk is the forum admin.

Duckking a thread is him closing it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Imaginos1892   » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:54 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Everybody knows about Spartacus. There are Roman records of where and when Spartacus was born, where and when he died, a lot of details about his life, and a whole shitload of details about the slave rebellion he wound up leading.

According to The Bible, Jesus caused almost as much trouble as Spartacus about a hundred years later — and yet the compulsively record-keeping Romans did not see fit to write ONE SINGLE WORD about any of those very public incidents, or the person responsible. I find it harder to believe that those events actually took place and NO records were ever made of them, than the multiple uncorroborated accounts of magic and miracles.
Exidor wrote:Yup. Nothing I haven't had thrown at me before.

Okay, then, what's your answer? How do you explain the fact that the enormous and pervasive Roman bureaucracy just kind of…missed the very existence of your rabble-rousing spiritual leader? Why is there no record of the imprisonment and trial detailed in The Bible? The public procession through the middle of town? The execution, and interment? No record of any of the incidents that led to Jesus being tried, convicted and executed?

NOT!

ONE!

WORD!!

— about a series of crimes against the authorities that resulted in the death penalty. We know exactly where the birth record should be, but that doesn't exist either. So, I don't find any of those stories in any way credible.

There is a term for a fantastic story presented without any corroborating evidence: A TALL TALE. Until some evidence is presented, that's all those stories are.
———————————
Josephine: "So, is this a tall tale?"
Edward: "It's not a short one."

Return to Free-Range Topics...