Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Safehold, Honor, and M. C. Planck

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Safehold, Honor, and M. C. Planck
Post by LymonSkye   » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:25 pm

LymonSkye
Midshipman

Hello to everyone out here in the Weberverse.

Dear Mr. Weber,

I have read several of your series, my two favorites being the Honor Harrington series and the Safehold series. I am writing to you with some concerns and thoughts that have been on my mind over the last year or so.

The first is that I love the Honor Harrington books and would like to be to go back and re-read some of them. However, I have been homeless for a number of years and no longer have my hardcover copies from my collection. I am reliant on the digital library collection at my public library. And although they have the entire Safehold saga (thank God) they do not have any ebooks from the Honor Harrington series and I no longer see the ones I wish to re-read here in the Baen library. I currently live in Miami, FL and I would love it if they could start carrying the ebooks for the HH series.

Next, I wanted to thank you for the Safehold series. It was a joy to both read and listen to the audiobooks. I really miss Safehold and its story. I hope there are more books and audiobooks waiting to come.

One day I had this dream where six or seven generations from the last Safehold book Merlin is walking along beside one of Caleb's progeny (the newest emperor of the land) and they are strolling through a building. It is a museum and they are silent as they pass by exhibits displaying the tech. growth of Safehold. It is on the day that Safehold is celebrating the relaunch of mankind back to the stars. Back to take back what is mankind's. It is time to take the fight back to the Gababa; time to take back Earth.

I have also discovered the books of an author named M. C. Planck. He has a series about a place named Prime. I think you would like it. In some ways, it reminded me of Merlin and Safehold, but the two series are light years apart in many ways.

I hope this missive finds you well and as creative as ever. I thank you for all of the joy your books bring to me and the world. Keep up the good work. I am truly humbled by your passion for what you do and your sharing it with all of us.

Sincerely,

Kate Haney
Re: Safehold, Honor, and M. C. Planck
Post by Jeslis   » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:37 pm

Jeslis
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Hiyas Lymon,

Just gonna reply to a specific portion of your letter.

Regarding requesting the Honor Harrington novels at your library, that should be something you can do via your library's website.

eg; If my library did not have 'On Basilisk Station' on ebook, I can go to a 'suggest a purchase' section, fill out the title/author and select 'ebook' as the format, give them my library card# (required of course), and usually within 3-5 weeks, they'll have the book. ((It may be faster for ebooks than that!))

Return to Free-Range Topics...