Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

A Hard Grimdark Fantasy based on 17th Century Sengoku Japan

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
A Hard Grimdark Fantasy based on 17th Century Sengoku Japan
Post by lwhitehead   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:35 am

lwhitehead
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

This setting is my other latest idea for a novel series, Inspired by a Song of Ice and Fire instead of world built around Knights mine is Samurais.

My version Japanese people are European racial makeup, now some people might point out that I'm Whitewashing the Japanese race, some SJW might hate me for this and some might say that I'm Racist with Racial Twists. My version of 17th Century Europeans are Asians.

In this setting my version of Japan hasn't had the Three Unifiers,
But in this Japanese are 10 Great Clans along with Imperial Families. The Shogun has a Council of Elders this like the Small Council of Song of Ice and Fire setting, so coping the Shogun each Great Clan has one.

LW
Re: A Hard Grimdark Fantasy based on 17th Century Sengoku Ja
Post by The E   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:01 am

The E
Admiral

lwhitehead wrote:This setting is my other latest idea for a novel series, Inspired by a Song of Ice and Fire instead of world built around Knights mine is Samurais.

My version Japanese people are European racial makeup, now some people might point out that I'm Whitewashing the Japanese race, some SJW might hate me for this and some might say that I'm Racist with Racial Twists. My version of 17th Century Europeans are Asians.

It's way more likely that people are going to tell you that you're a bad storyteller who talks a lot about having ideas but lacks in the followthrough department. Have you ever written a single, complete short story in any of the settings you've come up with?
Re: A Hard Grimdark Fantasy based on 17th Century Sengoku Ja
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

L.

If you need help on your work, make an account at either SpaceBattles or Sufficient Velocity. Both sites have "Original Fiction" forums and you can start threads there (assuming you can be bothered to sign up) and get real-time, proper, reasoned feedback which will help you to build on your strengths and find ways to solve or work round your weaknesses.

Alternatively, you can set up an account on Fictionpress and post the opening chapters of your stories, although you won't get as much active feedback.

Remember that so far, you have failed to show any progress at all on the Kath, Chinese Fantasy, Kavi, Privateer, Giovanni Bank, Delos, Rail Baron, Galaxy Express, Steampunk Giant, Swashbuckling and Space American Civil War concepts.

Quite a list, isn't it? :twisted:
Get your mind in the game, L. Focus. Learn. Read. Then focus more.
Do you really want the list of your failures to keep growing?

Edit - Now cross-posted to Edwardian Sky.
L, try sticking to a single project...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Free-Range Topics...