Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

It Is Time To Talk Impeachment

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: It Is Time To Talk Impeachment
Post by biochem   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:12 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1236
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:06 pm
Location: USA

cthia wrote:
It isn't about a "do-over." It is about not getting "done in." Sooner or later this idiot is going to push the wrong button trying to run this nuclear power plant of a political position. He's already the fire starter trying to put his finger on the kindling that is North Korea. Or vice versa. Both of them are idiots.



Actually it is about do over. Trump's obnoxious personality was on full display during the election. This exact argument was raised pretty much daily during the election. And the voters didn't agree with you.
Top
Re: It Is Time To Talk Impeachment
Post by cthia   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:54 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 8190
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

biochem wrote:
cthia wrote:
It isn't about a "do-over." It is about not getting "done in." Sooner or later this idiot is going to push the wrong button trying to run this nuclear power plant of a political position. He's already the fire starter trying to put his finger on the kindling that is North Korea. Or vice versa. Both of them are idiots.



Actually it is about do over. Trump's obnoxious personality was on full display during the election. This exact argument was raised pretty much daily during the election. And the voters didn't agree with you.


That was before anyone found out that his obnoxious displays while campaigning were going to translate into actual obnoxious displays of incompetence while being POTUS—especially since he literally has his hands on both (a) the launch codes and (b) the red hot poker stirring the ashes in the fireplace with North Korea.

It reminds me of all of the warnings levied by the engineers that the O-rings on the Space Shuttle Challenger were not designed to operate under such extreme conditions of cold—and could fail.

President Donald Trump is an O-ring and he operates under extreme conditions of cold. Continued intransigence in taking it under advisement could result in—a catastrophic failure.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: It Is Time To Talk Impeachment
Post by pappilon   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:43 pm

pappilon
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 pm

cthia wrote:

Actually it is about do over. Trump's obnoxious personality was on full display during the election. This exact argument was raised pretty much daily during the election. And the voters didn't agree with you.


That was before anyone found out that his obnoxious displays while campaigning were going to translate into actual obnoxious displays of incompetence while being POTUS—especially since he literally has his hands on both (a) the launch codes and (b) the red hot poker stirring the ashes in the fireplace with North Korea.

It reminds me of all of the warnings levied by the engineers that the O-rings on the Space Shuttle Challenger were not designed to operate under such extreme conditions of cold—and could fail.

President Donald Trump is an O-ring and he operates under extreme conditions of cold. Continued intransigence in taking it under advisement could result in—a catastrophic failure.[/quote]

The Democrats in Congress would be STUPID to impeach Trump and actually havr him removed from office. (1) Instead of having a bumbling incompetent who can only seem to Accomplish Things by executive order, we would have Pence who is a much more skilled poitician. Republicans may actually be able to advance their legislative agenda. (2) Impeachment makes him a martyr to the causes of smaller government, responsive government, populism, etc. Also galvanizes that angry part of the populace who see their Special Privilege evaporating in the push for equal rights. Especially the Special Privilege that Christians seem to be losing. Their free exercise of their religion to set the limits on moral, therefore societal, mores is being eroded.

The Republicans can't afford to impeach Trump either because of (2) above which threatens the RINOs or fiscal & intellectual conservatives to lose control of their party. Tossing the Christians in with the Tea Party would possibly be the best thing for the republicans. It would certainly lessen the blatant internal hypocrisy.

So, yeah, 4 more years of Trump. Because the Democrats are still trying to figure out how to elect Hillary Clinton. The Sanders section has no intellectual support or actual ... anything besides they dislike Clinton almost as much as republicans do. With no game plan, no message, no path forward, they will be unable to make much if any headway in the mid term elections.

its a sad day in America.
Top
Re: It Is Time To Talk Impeachment
Post by tooldtocare   » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:37 pm

tooldtocare
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:29 am

pappilon wrote:With no game plan, no message, no path forward, they will be unable to make much if any headway in the mid term elections..


I disagree. The mid term elections are going to wipe out all the gains that the republicons have made.

pappilon wrote:its a sad day in America.


Yes indeed it is & it's all because the republicons nominated trump & the Russians/trump team got him elected.

Now we have a Frankenstein in the White House.

(:-
Top
Re: It Is Time To Talk Impeachment
Post by biochem   » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:50 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1236
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:06 pm
Location: USA

tooldtocare wrote:
Yes indeed it is & it's all because the republicons nominated trump & the Russians/trump team got him elected.

Now we have a Frankenstein in the White House.

(:-


Actually what got him elected more than anything was Hillary Clinton.
Top
Re: It Is Time To Talk Impeachment
Post by tooldtocare   » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:39 pm

tooldtocare
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:29 am

biochem wrote: Actually what got him elected more than anything was Hillary Clinton.


If believing that helps you sleep at night then believe it.

And by doing so you can set aside the Russian help that actually got "it" elected.

(:-
Top
Re: It Is Time To Talk Impeachment
Post by Annachie   » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:57 pm

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1626
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

biochem wrote:
tooldtocare wrote:
Yes indeed it is & it's all because the republicons nominated trump & the Russians/trump team got him elected.

Now we have a Frankenstein in the White House.

(:-


Actually what got him elected more than anything was Hillary Clinton.
No, what got him elected was that the Dems tried to run a Presidential election campaign while Trump ran a massively negative PR campaign.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: It Is Time To Talk Impeachment
Post by pappilon   » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:39 am

pappilon
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 pm

Annachie wrote:No, what got him elected was that the Dems tried to run a Presidential election campaign while Trump ran a massively negative PR campaign.


Hillary is no Bill Clinton. She just can not connect with people on any meaningful level. She is a self-admitted policy wonk. She would have possibly made a great career for herself in the senate. She could not defeat a Black Man for the nomination, and if Debbie Wasserman Shultz had not used the power of her office to discourage serious challengers in this past cycle, she [Clinton] would have lost this nomination as well. She just sucks as a candidate. Trump identified a base and he pandered relentlessly to it.
Top
Re: It Is Time To Talk Impeachment
Post by robert132   » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:42 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

Posts: 531
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:20 pm

tooldtocare wrote:It Is Time To Talk Impeaching Trump

1. to accuse (a public official) before an appropriate tribunal of misconduct in office.

Pathological lying is a form of “misconduct in office” making it an impeachable offence
Dump is a pathological liar and that is NOT what we want as our President.

We, the citizens of this great Nation must act NOW
What say you, fellow Americans-?



Let me answer with a question ... how did you feel about all the lies told by Obama and his supporters in Congress to get the ACA passed? When he made changes to that law after it was signed by Executive Order instead of changing the law by the Constitutional method of running it through Congress?
****

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Top
Re: It Is Time To Talk Impeachment
Post by robert132   » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:16 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

Posts: 531
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:20 pm

biochem wrote:
Actually what got him elected more than anything was Hillary Clinton.


Agree with you there. Her conduct as SECSTATE leaving flaming craters in the failed states of Syria and Libya as fertile breeding grounds for the Islamic State, her gross violations of the Espionage Act in routing and storing classified emails through that totally unsecured server where any 6 year old with a bit of computer knowledge could have accessed hundreds of messages containing classified material.

That and her previous history of major scandals was enough for me to campaign against her though not FOR Trump.

We could have done better but neither party was willing to offer someone more acceptable, controlled and HONEST.
****

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Top

Return to Free-Range Topics...