Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Hollywood Stupid

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Hollywood Stupid
Post by Dilandu   » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:12 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

P.S. I made a recalculation. The missile of 100 ton dry mass with isp about 1000 s and delta-V about 10 km/s would be THIRTY FREAKING TIMES more mass-effective that the fighter of same characteristics.
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:51 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:The highlight was Lee Marvin ripping the clothes off Jill Ireland.

That's strange, Jill Ireland is not mentioned anywhere on the back of my Paint Your Wagon DVD. Jean Seeberg is there, right after Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood.

It also says 'Featuring the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band' which I'd never noticed before.

You neglected to mention that she pulled a gun on him and told him to act like a man instead of an animal. And after some thought, he allowed that she was right.
———————————
No Name City
No Name City

God don't like it here…

I forgot who the actress was.

She was spectacular.

Name the television series that both Jill Ireland and Jean Seeberg guest starred in.

I have had the privilege of meeting Joy Harmon in person. I didn't ask her to wash my car for me. Name that movie.
Last edited by TFLYTSNBN on Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:02 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Dilandu wrote:P.S. I made a recalculation. The missile of 100 ton dry mass with isp about 1000 s and delta-V about 10 km/s would be THIRTY FREAKING TIMES more mass-effective that the fighter of same characteristics.

You are presuming that the rocket engines for the expendable missiles have the same Specific Impulse as the rocket engines for the reusable fighter. This might not be true.

You also made a slight error in calculating the fuel mass needed for the fighter.

Full Load Mass / Empty Mass = exp(Delta Vee / ISP)

Unless ISP >> Delta Vee, the fuel requirement is much greater than you calculated.

Return to Free-Range Topics...