Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Donnachaidh and 3 guests

Hollywood Stupid

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Hollywood Stupid
Post by vovchara   » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:17 am

vovchara
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

The latest low: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvation_(TV_series)
such a mess, the pilot was not bad, had rather appropriate scientific vibe.
What follows is just bad and incoherent mess. The lowest point was when they send a command to a space probe orbiting Jupiter ... in real time. (distance to Jupiter is over 32 light minutes)
Post by EdThomas   » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:52 pm

EdThomas
Captain of the List

John Prigent wrote:Can I add one? The walk in the woods where nobody EVER looks up - until the bad guy/alien/whatever drops onto them.

Cheers, John

I would suggest not looking up when walking is the natural thing to do. In "welcome to Vietnam" training we were told to look up by our very short instructor (2 weeks I think) becuz "Americans never look up." Not sure why I remember those words. He also taught us to walk through puddles, not around them, because "Charles has noticed american kids are trained to not walk in puddles."
Post by Joat42   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Joat42
Rear Admiral

EdThomas wrote:
John Prigent wrote:Can I add one? The walk in the woods where nobody EVER looks up - until the bad guy/alien/whatever drops onto them.

Cheers, John

I would suggest not looking up when walking is the natural thing to do. In "welcome to Vietnam" training we were told to look up by our very short instructor (2 weeks I think) becuz "Americans never look up." Not sure why I remember those words. He also taught us to walk through puddles, not around them, because "Charles has noticed american kids are trained to not walk in puddles."

I watched a documentary where they interviewed a former Colonel in the VC and he said that it was easy to find the American patrols because there where almost always someone smoking.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:09 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

At the end of Batman vs. Superman, WHY didn't they give the Kryptonite spear to Wonder Woman?

It wouldn't have any effect on her, and after so much exposure to Kryptonite, she was probably stronger than Superman at that point anyway.
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

Return to Free-Range Topics...