Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:49 am
Location: Calgary, Nova, Gryphon.
Daily regiment of pills:
1) 200-300mg of ginseng it is a supposed immunity booster, I call it my placebo pill but it seems to work.
2) 400-500mg of vitamin C
3) 1000 units of vitamin D3. Liquid sunshine and it helps with bone joint pain. I take this in winter to counter SAD. (lack of sunshine)
4) exercise anywhere from 10-60 minutes a time 3 times a week. With 20 second ultra hard everything you got segments with 2 minute rest (warm up and down) in between. Exercise bike or the like. Something that lets you go flat out. Even fast as you can running on the spot. Do stretching before, then do some weight lifting, repetition not heavy, 3 sets of 15 reps. 5lbs per 100lbs of body mass. round off. more with machines, do the same exercise on a day. Switch on different days. Legs, arms, shoulders & back, follow up with crunchies or pushups. More stretching.
5) Go to bed earlier wake up at normal time. 7/8/9 hours of sleep especially if you are working. Sleeping rests and heals your body, your stress and your mind.
6) If you are stressed or sore, get a massage: machine, chair or person once a week.
7) If you drink Soda Pop or fruit juice look at how much sugar is in it. Then find a glass that holds one whole can and fill it with soda water. Start adding teaspoons of sugar till you meet the amount on the lable, most places list this now, or look it up online. After you get to 7 or 8+ teaspoons of sugar you will realise that Soda Pop is just sugar water. Add a squeeze of lemon lime or orange and you will realize what you are drinking is just sugar. Either stop or make your own. Hot or cold tea is a great substitute. Coffee if you need caffeine but use a small cup (ordinary size) not a monster cup. If Pop is your thing make your own and use 2-3 spoons of sugar.
8) Stop eating sauces or gravy. Plain so you can taste the thing you are eating. Some salt is okay, or switch to potassium chloride if on a low sodium diet. Chips are fine, get plain if possible. store them in the fridge or freezer, the cold keeps you from binging. You can make your own, boiled salted new potatoes are great, even cold. If you want to salt them lightly, salt the water.
9) Eat snacks you hate and you will snack less. Eat food not for taste but for nutrients. Occasional food you enjoy when going out. Don't eat diet food when going out. If you are dieting eat between set hours. No snacks unless medically necessary. I find eating only between 2-8 pm works best, if dieting. If not dieting, eat backwards big meal of the day first. Steak pot roast salmon etc.... a salad for lunch, no snacking because your not hungry. Glass of water 4 times a day. Have cereal for dinner, one bowl with milk or an egg and bacon, pancakes etc... no desert you had pancakes you don't need desert. Pre cook the morning meal ahead of time and freeze it, do this after you eat and are full. In the morning you have a full meal waiting for you. Eating gravy in the morning is okay. Nuke it if you are in a hurry. When people ask what you had for breakfast and you tell them you had steak, mash potatoes with cheese and butter, peas carrots and green beans, with an au jus dipping sauce, they will stare at you, then their shoes glancing at their bag of chips. You won't be tempted.
Just don't ask what is in the protein bars.